Spurs in for Gomis?

ChezGiven

Guest elbee909

Spurs no.1 target is Eto'o (believe it or not) and not Gomis.

I also sense a semi-windup.

Fuck all people here have seen Gomis play anyway...

I'm not worried about Tottenham or any other club as there are so many potentially young and promising players out there, as opposed to chasing the few established and experienced, not to mention expensive guys out there.

I mean honestly, I only recently heard about the likes of Gomis, Gomez and Turan and all our rivals are not going to be able to sign every player under the sun so we'll get some good young talent in for sure, they are certainly out there, and we stand a chance with the strong setup we have at the moment.

My only concern would be how soon. The earlier the better I say, and it is something we haven't really done for a while now, which is getting players in early and allowing them to bed in well before the season starts.

Landing a target or two before the Euro tourney would be a great start and a very positive move.

I'm not worried about Tottenham or any other club as there are so many potentially young and promising players out there, as opposed to chasing the few established and experienced, not to mention expensive guys out there.

I mean honestly, I only recently heard about the likes of Gomis, Gomez and Turan and all our rivals are not going to be able to sign every player under the sun so we'll get some good young talent in for sure, they are certainly out there, and we stand a chance with the strong setup we have at the moment.

My only concern would be how soon. The earlier the better I say, and it is something we haven't really done for a while now, which is getting players in early and allowing them to bed in well before the season starts.

Landing a target or two before the Euro tourney would be a great start and a very positive move.

honestly spurs can and will

:lol:

Shut it.

:lol:

Shut it.

KD and jol have me convinced

Probably a smokescreen. Most likely it was Vetere et al--or even someone totally unrelated to either club--but they told the fella they were from Spurs to throw him off the scent. Dunno why they'd admit to it, tbh.

Probably a smokescreen. Most likely it was Vetere et al--or even someone totally unrelated to either club--but they told the fella they were from Spurs to throw him off the scent. Dunno why they'd admit to it, tbh.

This. I'll be rather annoyed if it was Spurs though.  :dave:

Guest alex

Couldn't give a fuck, haven't seen him play and his scoring record ain't nout special.

Is nowt special or isn't anything special you mean? ;)

This. I'll be rather annoyed if it was Spurs though.  :dave:

I wonder if it was somebody from Stoke rather than Spurs, I read somewhere on here that Pulis was commenting on the next Drogba being offered to them.  I'm not sure if Spurs are deluded enough to think they can get Eto'o, if they've got any sense then they'll have a plan b so they will probably be looking at Gomis.

Guest elpapi

comments by the vice-president of saint-ettienne in l'equipe:

Courtisé par Marseille, Bafetimbi Gomis devrait rester à Saint-Etienne l'année prochaine. C'est en tout cas le coprésident du club, Roland Romeyer, qui le dit. «Il est intransférable. Même si l'OM arrivait avec trois camions pleins de billets, il ne partirait pas. Il est prêt à rester un peu plus chez nous avant de partir jouer en Angleterre», a déclaré Romeyer dans La Provence.

Même son de cloche pour Pascal Feindouno : «Il est également intransférable. Avec Gomis, ils feront partie de l'ossature du club la saison prochaine.»

So both are not transferable and will stay for one more year before going to England... Only Marseille is being mentioned for Gomis and three trucks of cash won't be enough  :kasper:

Maybe just upping the price but it doesn't seem like that