The "New" Wembley

Tooj

Guest Jungle Barry

Having never been to the new wembley (but been to the old one twice, ugh) it's not fair of me to make a comparision but I thought Cardiff was a fantastic venue. Not just the stadium but the facilities (ie. pubs) and atmosphere around the place, brilliant.

They should keep the semi's there and only play the final at wembley

From their site:

What events will a Club Wembley 10 Year Seat Licence entitle me to see?

You will receive one ticket per licensed seat for the following matches:

All England senior home games

The FA Cup Final

Both FA Cup Semi Finals

The FA Community Shield

The Football League Cup Final and

The Rugby League Challenge Cup Final

Do I have an option on any other events?

Yes, you will also have an option to purchase tickets or hospitality packages for other world class sporting events in the Stadium including concerts.

What will my seat be like?

Your seat will be in an exclusive reserved area of the Stadium. The Club Wembley Concourse (Level 2) is entirely dedicated to Club Wembley seat holders. Club Wembley seats are wider than the general admission seats, they are padded with armrests.

:undecided:

That just sums up everything that is wrong with modern football.

From their site:

What events will a Club Wembley 10 Year Seat Licence entitle me to see?

You will receive one ticket per licensed seat for the following matches:

All England senior home games

The FA Cup Final

Both FA Cup Semi Finals

The FA Community Shield

The Football League Cup Final and

The Rugby League Challenge Cup Final

Do I have an option on any other events?

Yes, you will also have an option to purchase tickets or hospitality packages for other world class sporting events in the Stadium including concerts.

What will my seat be like?

Your seat will be in an exclusive reserved area of the Stadium. The Club Wembley Concourse (Level 2) is entirely dedicated to Club Wembley seat holders. Club Wembley seats are wider than the general admission seats, they are padded with armrests.

:undecided:

:rant:

Wasted seats man.

:nods:

I think when people said "hang on a minute, why should these toffee nosed arseholes be given ticket priority to the Cup Final ahead of real fans" their response was that the FA Cup Final was an event for everybody, not just the two teams involved. To that I say - fucking bollocks.

I think when people said "hang on a minute, why should these toffee nosed arseholes be given ticket priority to the Cup Final ahead of real fans" their response was that the FA Cup Final was an event for everybody, not just the two teams involved. To that I say - f***ing bollocks.

My response would be "yes, yes it is.  And every fucker has a television, so they can watch it on that, and let the fans of the teams involved have the fucking tickets."

I think when people said "hang on a minute, why should these toffee nosed arseholes be given ticket priority to the Cup Final ahead of real fans" their response was that the FA Cup Final was an event for everybody, not just the two teams involved. To that I say - fucking bollocks.

"The Football Family"... :hmm:

I think when people said "hang on a minute, why should these toffee nosed arseholes be given ticket priority to the Cup Final ahead of real fans" their response was that the FA Cup Final was an event for everybody, not just the two teams involved. To that I say - f***ing bollocks.

Absolute.

Guest MrShens

i went to Wembley when it first opened to see Muse and I thought it looked amazing.  The atmosphere was great too though that might be because it was a gig and not a sporting event where the corporate fags get wined and dined for the day.  Arseholes.

The food and drink though are a total rip-off, never again will I buy a burger and chips from Wembley stadium.

i went to Wembley when it first opened to see Muse and I thought it looked amazing.  The atmosphere was great too though that might be because it was a gig and not a sporting event where the corporate fags get wined and dined for the day.  Arseholes.

The food and drink though are a total rip-off, never again will I buy a burger and chips from Wembley stadium.

I agree, it looks immense for gigs and the food is a total, total ripp off.

I also resent being stopped by tramps every five minutes outside the ground asking for 'a couple of pounds' for various bullshit reasons.

I understand this is not the stadiums fault though.

I've got a sour taste about it all because every single game i've watched, that has taken place there, has been utterly dreadful. And those corporate seats tick me off no end. The Portsmouth non-passion debarcle riled me up, too.

That said, i bet it'd be a fucking day out if we ever got there.

I've got a sour taste about it all because every single game i've watched, that has taken place there, has been utterly dreadful. And those corporate seats tick me off no end. The Portsmouth non-passion debarcle riled me up, too.

That said, i bet it'd be a f***ing day out if we ever got there.

I'd love to see us play and win at the new Wembley, I think we'd make it a day to remember.  This might sound daft but I think Newcastle winning something would be good for Wembley and football as the game seems to become more sterile with every season that passes.

Honestly mate, if we ever win a cup final there I can see a mass pitch invasion from the toon fans and celebrations the likes of which the stadium has never seen before.

***Gets goose pimples just thinking about it.***

Honestly mate, if we ever win a cup final there I can see a mass pitch invasion from the toon fans and celebrations the likes of which the stadium has never seen before.

***Gets goose pimples just thinking about it.***

The day when all of this will be worthwhile, fucking hell it can't come soon enough!

If we get to this Wembley, the place will be fucking rocking.

Imagine the city if we win something proper, man, I'd bet people would flock "home" from all over just to be a part of the atmosphere.

I know it might sound ridiculous and it might be asking too much, but fucking hell I hope the next thing we win is a "proper" trophy, like the FA Cup, while the Carling Cup isn't to be sniffed at, I don't think it would quite have the same magic.

While I think on, having the semis at Wembley is ludicrous. Apart from the fact that it's a total pain in the arse, it takes away from the magic. What was wrong with Old Trafford and Villa Park? Even the Millennium Stadium I'd happily traipse to for a semi, just not the place where you're having the final - might as well play every game there if that's the case.

While I think on, having the semis at Wembley is ludicrous. Apart from the fact that it's a total pain in the arse, it takes away from the magic. What was wrong with Old Trafford and Villa Park? Even the Millennium Stadium I'd happily traipse to for a semi, just not the place where you're having the final - might as well play every game there if that's the case.

It's the money, isn't it? They need the semi-finals there to recoup the massive costs of the stadium. That's always been my impression as well.

Totally agree with the sentiment, by the way.

Imagine the city if we win something proper, man, I'd better people would flock "home" from all over just to be a part of the atmosphere.

I know it might sound ridiculous and it might be asking too much, but f***ing hell I hope the next thing we win is a "proper" trophy, like the FA Cup, while the Carling Cup isn't to be sniffed at, I don't think it would quite have the same magic.

I honestry reckon the celebrations you would see if we won the FA Cup would not be matched anywhere, certainly not in the British Isles.  Basically the whole of Tyneside would be on the streets, thats a million people just going f***ing mental.

Shame it feels such a long way off though.  :weep:

I've got to say that I enjoyed the Chelsea semi, it should be all fans from both clubs though.

I honestry reckon the celebrations you would see if we won the FA Cup would not be matched anywhere, certainly not in the British Isles.  Basically the whole of Tyneside would be on the streets, thats a million people just going f***ing mental.

Shame it feels such a long way off though.  :weep:

I detest London but I think even that place would be a good night out after a trophy win, I'd love to see it.

How come that Chelsea semi was played at Wembley btw? ???

Was it not supposed to be the last year at old Wembley?

Yea it was last year of wembley so they decided to make us all go to London.

Guest alex

The Toon fans were absolutely magnificent in defeat 3 years running at Wembley yet from the massive deal made of the Cardiff fans staying behind on Saturday and it being reminiscent of days gone by you'd think the Newcastle fans had never done that. Not to mention the semi against Man Utd a few years ago.