Will Roeder resign?

IceMag

Guest Canny_Fettle

It's all very well roeder resigning or getting sacked but who the f**k is going to take the job - the reason we've got Roeder is because nobody wants to work for Shepherd.  We'll end up with either Terry MacDermott or Lee Clarke as manager as we've nobody else.

What a bloody mess!!!

It's all very well roeder resigning or getting sacked but who the f**k is going to take the job - the reason we've got Roeder is because nobody wants to work for Shepherd.  We'll end up with either Terry MacDermott or Lee Clarke as manager as we've nobody else.

What a bloody mess!!!

Even Steve Bruce has turned us down in the past :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

What a bloody mess!!!

no one in this place seems to be able to grasp this simple fact

What a bloody mess!!!

no one in this place seems to be able to grasp this simple fact

:grt:

What a bloody mess!!!

You've got Nigel Pearson now.  He'll probably take over after Roeder gets the old heave-ho.  Worth having a bet, get good odds!

Its just daft mate. We're poor on the pitch and off it, but as soon as it gets to the actual football business - coaching and playing, its out of Shepherd's control. Roeder is the one that picks the team, picks the tactics, chooses the backroom staff, motivates the players etc. If Shepherd resigned tomorrow do people really think that we'd improve?!

Long term I think its best if he went, but as an immediate fix its just silly.

Its just daft mate. We're poor on the pitch and off it, but as soon as it gets to the actual football business - coaching and playing, its out of Shepherd's control. Roeder is the one that picks the team, picks the tactics, chooses the backroom staff, motivates the players etc. If Shepherd resigned tomorrow do people really think that we'd improve?!

I don't. But plenty on here seem to. Unless they believe of course that Fred packing in tomorrow means his replacement would immediately appoint their hero Hitzfeld. Or any other big name.

The best thing that could happen is if he moved upstairs and someone new came in. The problem it would more than likely be Shearer.

I think it would be a huge shame for Roeder to just effectively get pushed out of this club. What he did last season was fantastic, with Roeder his attitude, thinking and personality are all fantastic, he talks the talk, unfortunatley as a manager that needs to takes us where we want, he doesnt walk the walk.

He wanted a director of football, and IMO he would be the ideal man to be the DOF, we just need a decent manager.

He derserves better than what he is going to get, probably not too long from now either.

I don't. But plenty on here seem to. Unless they believe of course that Fred packing in tomorrow means his replacement would immediately appoint their hero Hitzfeld. Or any other big name.

Shepherd is the reason why we've got Roeder in the first place, either nobody wanted to work for him or he didn't bother going for other managers and just chose Roeder.  Either way, it's down to him and I have no faith at all that he'll ever get it right.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Shepherd is a huge problem, but the team won't suddenly become good overnight if he left and Roeder stayed.

I agree, but don't expect many others to agree.

as if you get rid of the chairman to improve the team's performance for the next match

get some perspective please

Guest Knightrider

Its just daft mate. We're poor on the pitch and off it, but as soon as it gets to the actual football business - coaching and playing, its out of Shepherd's control. Roeder is the one that picks the team, picks the tactics, chooses the backroom staff, motivates the players etc. If Shepherd resigned tomorrow do people really think that we'd improve?! Long term I think its best if he went, but as an immediate fix its just silly.

Disappointed with your "big name" remarks regarding Hitzfeld HTL, fans didn't want Hitzfeld because he was a big name, I didn't anyway and I know many many others didn't either, we looked at his abilities and married them to our problems as a club and he out of everyone was that fabled ideal man in our eyes based on these problems and his own skills, mostly his personal skills.

I.e. what the board are employed to do, instead they hired the antithesis of Roeder just like they do with all appointments.

KK was cavalier so they appoint a conservative Dalglish who was boring so they appointed the sexy Gullit who was aloof so they appointed the local SBR who lost a grip on discipline so they appointed a disciplinarian in Souness who was high maintenance so they appointed a low maintenance manager in Roeder who is out of his depth so god knows who is next in line.

The board should be taken to an isolated field somewhere,tied and and made to watch somebody dig a trench 10 foot by ....i wont go on.

They let us down,FF let us down,we needed world class he gave us dog shit,then had the cheek to tell us he was the fans choice...classic.

Guest eyeball_tickler

roeder wont resign. crap managers dont resign, they wait till they are sacked. the classic example is souness.

The club needs wholesale changes and a complete revamp from top to bottom.

I think it's a good possibility.

Roeder seems to know this club, something Souness never did. In his post-match interviews he also speaks the truth, he dosen't blame injuries, luck or whatever. Roeder wasn't sure whether he should take the job in the first place, and now knows he isn't the right man for the job IMO.

If we keep losing he'll resign rather than Shepherd firing him IMO.

Bollocks. Roeder talks as much shit as Souness did. ""I am not sure that most people would agree it was even," Roeder opined to Sky Sports News. "I felt we should have had it wrapped up at half time."

Sounded to me that our only chance before half-time was oba's miss. And Boro seemed to have their chances aswell. Roeder makes excuses after every game. "Roeder rues bad defending", "Roeder rues missed oportunities", never ever take any blame himself.

Its just daft mate. We're poor on the pitch and off it, but as soon as it gets to the actual football business - coaching and playing, its out of Shepherd's control. Roeder is the one that picks the team, picks the tactics, chooses the backroom staff, motivates the players etc. If Shepherd resigned tomorrow do people really think that we'd improve?! Long term I think its best if he went, but as an immediate fix its just silly.

Disappointed with your "big name" remarks regarding Hitzfeld HTL, fans didn't want Hitzfeld because he was a big name, I didn't anyway and I know many many others didn't either, we looked at his abilities and married them to our problems as a club and he out of everyone was that fabled ideal man in our eyes based on these problems and his own skills, mostly his personal skills.

I.e. what the board are employed to do, instead they hired the antithesis of Roeder just like they do with all appointments.

KK was cavalier so they appoint a conservative Dalglish who was boring so they appointed the sexy Gullit who was aloof so they appointed the local SBR who lost a grip on discipline so they appointed a disciplinarian in Souness who was high maintenance so they appointed a low maintenance manager in Roeder who is out of his depth so god knows who is next in line.

And of course you write that last paragraph in the full knowledge that I said exactly the same a few years ago, but as usual was slaughtered for it by your members, most of whom were saying Souness was the right man.  :roll: