Empty seats in Moscow.

Baggio

Apparently there are only 35,000 hotel rooms in Moscow, a city of 10 million people and they are almost all either really grubby hostels or luxury hotels, nothing in between.

Those 35,000 rooms have to house all the people going to the game AND all Moscow's normal business visitors.

It is unbelievable that UEFA seemingly overlooked this when choosing it as the final venue.

Apparently there are only 35,000 hotel rooms in Moscow, a city of 10 million people and they are almost all either really grubby hostels or luxury hotels, nothing in between.

Those 35,000 rooms have to house all the people going to the game AND all Moscow's normal business visitors.

It is unbelievable that UEFA seemingly overlooked this when choosing it as the final venue.

As long as it has the required number of 5* jobs to house them, they don't give a fuck.

As long as it has the required number of 5* jobs to house them, they don't give a f***.

I thought the number of hotel rooms was one of the reasons why Newcastle failed to get a UEFA Cup Final.

As long as it has the required number of 5* jobs to house them, they don't give a f***.

I thought the number of hotel rooms was one of the reasons why Newcastle failed to get a UEFA Cup Final.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Stadia_List

Needs to comply with this list. Hotels down the bottom.

Guest Slippery Sam

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but maybe uefa are quietly happy that they chose Moscow for this final. Imagine all the dross/troublemakers who would have been turning up (many without tickets) if the game were in Amsterdam or Paris.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but maybe uefa are quietly happy that they chose Moscow for this final. Imagine all the dross/troublemakers who would have been turning up (many without tickets) if the game were in Amsterdam or Paris.

Good point, tbh.

Good point, tbh.

Likely to happen in future though when final is in Rome and Madrid (2010). How the fuck Rome gets it is beyond me with the multitude of stabbings/incidents in recent European games there.

This is just completely random, but what would your reactions be if we reached the UEFA cup finals and the venue ended up being the Stadium of Light? Just checked the wiki page and it's a four-star stadia so it's not impossible. CoMS is also a four-star and it held the finals this year.

This is just completely random, but what would your reactions be if we reached the UEFA cup finals and the venue ended up being the Stadium of Light? Just checked the wiki page and it's a four-star stadia so it's not impossible. CoMS is also a four-star and it held the finals this year.

I'd be happy as it would mean it'd be easy to get to although I'd have less chance of getting a ticket. Imagine lifting the UEFA Cup there n all. Would be immense. Stick it right up them SMBs.

Guest alex

I heard something about a boat being provided for fans to stay on, anyone else heard that or is it bollocks?

Aye, I heard about a liner or ferry being used as a hotel.

I heard something about a boat being provided for fans to stay on, anyone else heard that or is it bollocks?

I've been on the Ferry to Amsterdam and back. NEVER AGAIN!

That's quite a common process for events like the SuperBowl or the Olympics, as it's a great way to bring in high class temporary accomodation, although these are usually only offered through tour companies or private corporate events.  When the Superbowl was in Jacksonville, FL a few years ago they had 6 or 7 cruise ships moored in the river.

Guest neesy111

how on earth is the stadium of light a 4 star, the facilities are crap inside compare to St James Park and the amount of hotels in sunderland is non-exisent compare to Newcastle/Gateshead

Guest Geordiesned

Stories of thousands of fans sleeping rough as hotels cost upwards of £200 a night.

Saw somthing on TV thos morning saying that a pint of lager and a glass of wine would set you back £18! To think I thought Oslo was expensive!!

Winning the UEFA Cup at the SoS would be magnificent. They'd have to pull the fucker down afterwards. :lol:

I'd love to know why SJP is not fit for four star btw. Goodison Park ffs!

Guest saintscoobz

if the stadium of light has a 4 star rating what is the rating of st. james park?  I just checked wikipedia and coulnt find out.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I dunno. UEFA seem to be prepared to do anything for the Ruskies nowadays... Strange, that.

How many finals have been played in Moscow previous to this one ?

Winning the UEFA Cup at the SoS would be magnificent. They'd have to pull the fucker down afterwards. :lol:

I'd love to know why SJP is not fit for four star btw. Goodison Park ffs!

Something to do with hotel facilities?