The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hope it's not Beglin again.

I don't actually mind Beglin. Speaks what he actually thinks, not afraid to slate the favourites. Miles better than Mark Bright n'all.

That is because there is nobody worse than Mark Bright.

Better be an early goal in this since I'm ducking out of work early to catch the start of it.

Guest Stephen927

You're looking at your tournament winners gentleman.

Holland!

Will flop in the knockout rounds imo. If they can play like they did against Italy in their next game I think they've got a shout.

Fair play to Spain for their team selection by the way. Our media seem to have hammered the decision to drop Fabregas but it was spot on imo. England's problem over the last couple of years in midfield was that they've chosen the best two individuals (Lampard & Gerrard) even though it's clear it doesn't work for that system. Today, Aragones picked his best defensive-midfielder Senna, his best creative player Xavi, and Iniesta & Silva either side. Worked a treat. Our press can f*ck off.

Fabregas has been ill. He'll probably go in for Iniesta in the latter games.

He shouldn't though imo, I rate Iniesta higher.

I just can't agree with that statement they are different types of player.... but Fabregas is better.

And I think Adam is being overly harsh on the media... nobody would say he should start instead of Senna or Xavi really but Iniesta, yes.

Pretty underwhelming if so if you ask me.

Can't see it tbh. They've squeezed fairly dodgy goals against some very suspect defenses so far. It's not going to be the same when they come up against the French and the Dutch. The Czechs look a shadow of their former selves atm. I said it the other day, and i'll say it again, Portugal will win nothing without a striker - which is something they severely lack.

[/crystalball]

Holland!

Will flop in the knockout rounds imo. If they can play like they did against Italy in their next game I think they've got a shout.

Neeee chance... do portugal has striker?

Guest Stephen927

Holland!

Neeee chance... do portugal has striker?

Yes, but he's playing out on the wing. ;) 20 goals in internationals, they need to drop Nuno Gomes, he isn't up to much and just play with a front 3 thats interchanging. Could work well.