Arsenal Price Hike/Ticket Pricing

Gash

Arsenal have decided to "upgrade" my memberships from cannon club to silver memberships.

When i first read that i thought awesome. But no, towards the end of the letter they sent me,

"Unfortunately this means that you will no longer be able to sit in the family enclosure"

Translated this says-

"Fortunately for Arsenal FC you will now have to sit in the normal stands which means you will be paying full price for tickets"

meh.

not what i need, i will now be paying double the price for tickets.

Arsenal have decided to "upgrade" my memberships from cannon club to silver memberships.

When i first read that i thought awesome. But no, towards the end of the letter they sent me,

"Unfortunately this means that you will no longer be able to sit in the family enclosure"

Translated this says-

"Fortunately for Arsenal FC you will now have to sit in the normal stands which means you will be paying full price for tickets"

meh.

But you get to watch beautiful football.  :razz:

Translated this says-

meh.

So what were you paying and what are you going to pay?

Interested to see what the price of success is.

This season just gone for example going to watch everton it cost me £18 for a ticket in the family end.

Next season the cheapest section of the ground will be costing me £32. Which tbh is still a very good price, but a big increase.

But the cheapest section realisticly sells out very fast meaning i will potentially end up paying more.

Still a decent price when i think about it though.

Someone's got to pay Samir Nasri's wages right?

:snod:

This season just gone for example going to watch everton it cost me £18 for a ticket in the family end.

Next season the cheapest section of the ground will be costing me £32. Which tbh is still a very good price, but a big increase.

But the cheapest section realisticly sells out very fast meaning i will potentially end up paying more.

Still a decent price when i think about it though.

Someone's got to pay Samir Nasri's wages right?

:snod:

Buy a season ticket.

Some ticket prices are a joke. If you're a new applicant to ST's at Leeds the cheapest adult ticket (not in family area) is £440.

For league one football?!!! That is mental.

Ash how much is a season ticket at Arsenal by the way?

Some ticket prices are a joke. If you're a new applicant to ST's at Leeds the cheapest adult ticket (not in family area) is £440.

They obviously range but 925 is one of the cheapest i think.

Oh, and my renewal cost has taken an £11 hike.

Actually that £440 is in the family area (my apologies). Is £650 to sit along the side of the pitch and £470 behind the goals. Truely ridiculous pricing.

from the games ive been to (this is general sale)

arsenal £32

spurs £38

chelsea £48

fulham £35

west ham £36

newcastle £40 (although not shoved in crap seats)

crystal palace £30

millwall £25

charlton £10  :laugh:

that quite surpised me because arsenals is the cheapest and its the newest stadium

Actually that £440 is in the family area (my apologies). Is £650 to sit along the side of the pitch and £470 behind the goals. Truely ridiculous pricing.

Family stand is side of pitch and i'm guessing 650 is in the kop end

The only match this season that went on General Sale at Arsenal was Newcastle in the Carling Cup

Also, the most tickets that went to red members (one step before general sale) was Newcastle Prem.

They just dont like you do they.

Family stand is side of pitch and i'm guessing 650 is in the kop end

£470 is for the Revie stand behind the goals. £650 for East Central Lower and West Stands.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/SeasonTicket/0,,10273,00.html

The cost of season tickets for next year at Premier League clubs has risen by 7.2%, more than twice the rate of consumer price inflation.

Research by the BBC reveals that the average cost of a mid-priced season ticket has risen to £590.

Premier League clubs are currently benefiting from television revenues which have gone up sharply.

But that has not prevented most of them from imposing substantial increases in season ticket costs.

That average hides considerable variations with some clubs making double digit increases and Chelsea making no change at all.

Some fans of champions Manchester United have complained about hefty price increases since the club was taken over by American owners.

For the next campaign a season ticket in the upper east stand will be £665, a 6% increase on last season, but still a lot less than a similar seat at the big London clubs.

The reasons for sharp increases vary, with Sunderland pointing to previous seasons when ticket prices have not risen at all.

A statement from Tottenham Hotspur said: "In order to progress both on and off the pitch, we need to be able to continue to raise our level of investment in the squad and all areas of the club's operations and facilities."

Bolton, Liverpool and Newcastle are yet to reveal prices for next season's matches.

The BBC compared season ticket prices in middle priced stands between the 2007/8 and 2008/9 seasons.

I swear one of the Tottenham fans at my work was saying his season ticket has gone up by over £100 for next season. Can't remember where he sits but I do know that club are bloody rip-off merchants and probably one of the main reasons for the overall percentage increase.

Nevermind eh, at least the club works under a stringent wage cap. I wonder where the money comes from.  :idiot2:

What a piss take.

My ST at Villa is £510 next year, and that is the most expensive ticket in the house (other than the corporate nonsense), up only 35 quid on last year.

We've capped ST numbers at 26,000 apparently, which seems a bit low, but Lerner doesn't want to exclude those who can't afford to pay for the whole season (although, on the other hand, selling tickets for individual games makes you more money per match than STs do).

Two years on, and I can't fault Lerner for a single thing. He's been the absolute best he could have been.