Euro 2008 Starts 7th June...

kirkwdavis2001

Same box for only £166, no control though but can't imagine the remote being expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Thomson-DSI8215-Sky-HD-Box-Satellite-Receiver-300gb_W0QQitemZ150252013062QQihZ005QQcategoryZ96971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've been thinking of getting a HD box as well.  That way I can watch the free HD channels like the BBC/ITV HD ect while I wait for Sky One/Sky Sports and Movies HD to become free (no way am I paying the £10 subscription for them..).

Same box for only £166, no control though but can't imagine the remote being expensive.

Megalink

I've been thinking of getting a HD box as well.  That way I can watch the free HD channels like the BBC/ITV HD ect while I wait for Sky One/Sky Sports and Movies HD to become free (no way am I paying the £10 subscription for them..).

Can get them much cheaper than that I'd imagine if you're willing to go with a used one. Unfortunately I'm not. :undecided:

But yeah, that's what I'd be doing, just watching the free HD channels for now with a view to the future on the premium channels. Fancy it for Euro 2008, Wimbledon and the Olympics highlights this summer.

Guest Stephen927

Will be following Croatia during the tournament.

Will be strange watching it without England in it. :(

Guest Guinness

Going to lay a few bets down to try and make it interesting. I usually get well up for these tournaments, but with no England I'm not really feeling it. Having said that at least I don't have to go through the depression of getting knocked out, or put up with our frustrating brand of football.

I think Russia and Croatia will be dark horses.  Hard to pick who will win, but I think Portugal and Spain won't really show up and I think Italy may miss out from the group of death.

Anyone interested in getting a Fantasy league going?

Guest neesy111

Don't need installation, cheapest I've seen is £230-£250.

Get FreeSat m8, it's just come out £160 for the box and u can plug it into your existing satelite

gonna be 200 channels on by the end of the year and all the HD is free unlike sky

Don't need installation, cheapest I've seen is £230-£250.

Get FreeSat m8, it's just come out £160 for the box and u can plug it into your existing satelite

gonna be 200 channels on by the end of the year and all the HD is free unlike sky

I've ruled Freesat out. I have normal Sky and a communal dish so I want to keep my Sky feed but can't mess with the dish. Meaning I'd have to split the feed which isn't ideal at all.

In any case, those 200 channels (of mostly shit) are already on Sky, and the Freesat HD ones are free on Sky too. Plus the Freesat boxes don't have a PVR whereas a Sky HD box would be future-proofing myself for when I can use it.