Favourite ever goal? *Please don't post clips!*

Chris_R

carlos alberto V italy in the 1970 world cup final.

i've always preferred team goals as opposed to one off blasts. technically bernards v chelsea was as good but i've had about 30yrs more of wathing that brazil goal for it to sink into my soul.

i've always preferred team goals as opposed to one off blasts. technically bernards v chelsea was as good but i've had about 30yrs more of wathing that brazil goal for it to sink into my soul.

:thup:

Proper Brazilian goal. Also, it's always nice to see the Eyeties get bummed in the face.

Proper Brazilian goal.

i always like pausing the film just as pele hits that final pass and looking at how far away carlos is.

Proper Brazilian goal.

i always like pausing the film just as pele hits that final pass and looking at how far away carlos is.

Aye, it's like an invitation, "Go on, whack it!"

I must say I almost creamed myself when Rooney floated one over David James against Pompey in the cup last season at Old Trafford.

No, I'm not a Rooney fanboy, in fact I think the media have made him seem better than he really is. But WOW, what a goal.

I must say I almost creamed myself when Rooney floated one over David James against Pompey in the cup last season at Old Trafford.

No, I'm not a Rooney fanboy, in fact I think the media have made him seem better than he really is. But WOW, what a goal.

When he's on form, he's a brilliant player, tbh.

When he's on form, he's a brilliant player, tbh.

And when he's not on form, he's a very average player. Yet the media always say he's playing well when he isn't, often for months at a time.

Guest diddimz

John Aloisi, Australia v Uruguay, November 2005. The final penalty to put us through to the World Cup for the first time in my lifetime. Just... orgasmic! :D

Was gonna say that exact one, amazing it was.

Pedro V Brighton a good shout as well, loved that one. The slide to win the ball back, then to stand up with the ball, turn, and lob Corrigan (I think) all in one movement was glorious.

Also, Roberto Carlos against France in Le Tournoi. OK, I'm sure we can all find better free kicks, but it was something different. He just got so much swerve with the outside of the foot. Again it's one I like because I saw it live (Well, in a pub) with my mates.

At the time we were OK footballers ourselves and all played quite a bit, and a few days later we all assembled on the local pitch and spent a good few hours taking turns in trying to recreate it.

We failed. Most of the time we failed pretty spectacularly.

John Aloisi, Australia v Uruguay, November 2005. The final penalty to put us through to the World Cup for the first time in my lifetime. Just... orgasmic! :D

yup. was there and you just described it perfectly...orgasmic. No other word will suffice.

Besides that - Lars Ricken's goal in the 1997 Champions League. Was in high school and got up at 4.30 to watch it. I didn't like Juvetus and from memory everyone thought they would win. That first time chip over peruzzi...the spin and trajectory of the ball...the moment...I dunno if it was because I was half asleep...but it was the kind of goal I dreamt about when I haboured hopes of becoming a pro footballer. haha

I hate the little twat but Maradona's second against England in the 86 world cup in Mexico, if you can call his first a goal, that is.

Best Newcastle goal ever seen: f

For sheer importance, I cannot split Shearer's second against Spurs in the 99 cup semi from Maric's lay back or Supermac's run on to Hibbits through ball in the 74 semi againat Burnley.

Dabizas away to Mackems tbh. Never gone as mental in my life.

On a personal level, scored similar one to Henry vs Manure in that I was 25 yards out, took it on my knee, turned and hit a looping effort over the keeper, who probably should have saved it. Score a Gascoigne as well when i was about 13, but was on my left foot and went into top corner.  :smug:

Matt Le Tissier when he chipped a couple of your players and slotted it into the bottom corner was pretty special, however personally, it has to be Nick Wright's overhead kick against Bolton in the 98/99 play-off final. That was amazing.