Just to lighten the mood a little

Dave

I remember when we hired Sam and  the Bolton fan came on here warning us about the kind of football he would play as well as the kind of players he would bring in and prefer in the starting lineup ... we dismissed him as being a bitter fan who was angry because we had nicked their manager. We were all clinging on to the hope that things would be different now Allardyce had a chance with a richer club.

Those 76 will soon learn the hard way, just like we did.

Guest shearer_206

Absolute classic... More or less the same as I felt when we appointed him. Go for it Blackburn  :clap2:

Guest shearer_206

Some interesting calls for Big Al on there aswell. Not sure that would happen. But they can dream, bless 'em.  :idiot2:

Guest optimistic nit

i've got to say, i think its much better that we have a club that can have a season that we've had and still be talking about top 6 next season, and players like modric compared to that forum, where they've just had an excellent season and want a manager who will give them premiership stability.

they've got a very good squad, they should try to build on it, not be content with premiership survival.

Guest optimistic nit

by the way, why are blackburn on such a shoestring? the best thing for that club would have been to keep hughes, and i think that had they given hughes even 30million, he may well have stayed, and he would have earnt more for the club than anybody they could realistically hire.

i'm not sure if hughes will be given enough time to succeed with citeh tbh. he's never had money to spend before, and it can make a difference, as you need to buy well, even with megabucks. he's also never managed another club (i'm pretty sure, at least never a PL club) and hughes and blackburn had a very good partnership imo, and he'll need to adjust quickly when he goes to citeh after being in the blackburn job for so long.

Guest shearer_206

Big Sam's reign of terror here only has 1 highlight:

And no, unsurprisingly, it's not a football clip.

Classic, I hadn't seen that before now!  :smiley6600:

TBH and not being disrespectful to Blackburn. But they'll have done bloody well to get him. We all have our opinions on the job he done here but don't let that disguise the fact that he was incredibly successful in relative terms at Bolton.

Blackburn are a similar size of club to Bolton and expectations on the quality of football and results should be similar. For me this would be a great appointment for them.

TBH and not being disrespectful to Blackburn. But they'll have done bloody well to get him. We all have our opinions on the job he done here but don't let that disguise the fact that he was incredibly successful in relative terms at Bolton.

Blackburn are a similar size of club to Blackburn and expectations on the quality of football and results should be similar. For me this would be a great appointment for them.

Are you sure? ;)

Blackburn are a similar size of club to Blackburn and expectations on the quality of football and results should be similar. For me this would be a great appointment for them.

Are you sure? ;)

Hehe I changed it, even though it was about the most sense I've ever talked on here :)

Guest VegasToon

I have to admit, I did support the appointment of Big Sam at first.  But then going to Reading and Derby looking for a draw, he lost my support.  Blackburn fans should get used to shit football especially away against shit teams.

I remember when we hired Sam and  the Bolton fan came on here warning us about the kind of football he would play as well as the kind of players he would bring in and prefer in the starting lineup ... we dismissed him as being a bitter fan who was angry because we had nicked their manager. We were all clinging on to the hope that things would be different now Allardyce had a chance with a richer club.

Those 76 will soon learn the hard way, just like we did.

He was just being a whinging twat though, tbh.

Allardyce's team talk for Hull away next season

"Right lads, this is a massive game for us.  I know we're only 3 games into the season, but if we lose this, we're fucked.  Hull are gonna be a major force in this league.  I know they've drawn one and lost the other two so far, but they'll be up for this, and we're gonna have our backs to the wall straight from the kick off, however, if we can contain that nippy bastard Dean Windass, I think we can come away with a 0-0 and hold our heads high...."

You know the rest.

Am I the only one hoping for them to get Shearer? Would be good for them, us and him IMO.

thats the problem.  What if he was a success?  This is a team that were better than us last season, and we should be looking to get ahead of.

Suppose finishing 6th would be considered a success for them :)

Am I the only one hoping for them to get Shearer? Would be good for them, us and him IMO.

thats the problem.  What if he was a success?  This is a team that were better than us last season, and we should be looking to get ahead of.

Suppose finishing 6th would be considered a success for them :)

Implying we'll finish....?  :rolleyes: