Setanta price increase

Dave

0191 5013601 - now closed until Monday. WTF.

I rang them on Monday mate but they told me that I had to cancel in writing.  Might as well just write straight in by recorded delivery if you definitely want to cancel.

Address is:

Dept. 8544

Sunderland

Tyne and Wear

SR9 9XZ

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spudder

Phoned them today to cancel due to price increase to £12.99 and bloke said straight away i could have it for £7.50 for next 6 months with option to cancel at any time  :celb:  might try and get our sky down now as well  :rolleyes:

Guest spudder

i had mine on the letter they had sent me but they should be able to find your account from your name/address (every other company can). Tell them you sent a letter 3 - 4 weeks ago cancelling if they don't make you an offer, and that it was sent to the same address as per the increase letter(cancellations would never receive it as they are based elsewhere).......thats worked wonders for a couple of my mates :razz:

Hmmm, and i wonder how long it will be til their next £1 a month for first 3 months offer?!

Regardless of how everyone else slags setanta off, i only really use setanta/sky for the NUFC matches and golf. So personally i find Setanta better value than Sky (Setanta showed more NUFC matches last season than Sky did) with Setanta costing about £120 per year to Sky's £400+

EDIT: TVS in Newcastle will set u up with a satellite dish and box for about £200-£250 (one off cost) then its £180 a year for a card to pick up basically every NUFC match of season 08/09 http://www.satellitetvsolutions.co.uk/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=57

Hmmm, and i wonder how long it will be til their next £1 a month for first 3 months offer?!

Regardless of how everyone else slags setanta off, i only really use setanta/sky for the NUFC matches and golf. So personally i find Setanta better value than Sky (Setanta showed more NUFC matches last season than Sky did) with Setanta costing about £120 per year to Sky's £400+

EDIT: TVS in Newcastle will set u up with a satellite dish and box for about £200-£250 (one off cost) then its £180 a year for a card to pick up basically every NUFC match of season 08/09 http://www.satellitetvsolutions.co.uk/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=57

Could the sky dish not work, so one can just buy the box and the card and attach them to the current cables?

Not sure where you got this info from, but going from what digitalb showed last year you will be lucky to get more than 7 or 8 of our matches. Also, they very regulary advertised games to be shown, only for them to switch at last minute. They never had more than 3 games live at a time, mostly was only 2, even though they have 5 channels available

Just from going down my local which showed approx 30-32 toon games.

Absolutely hopeless company.  Rung up on the 24th march to cancel,  due to moving house and losing that Sky account.  Was told it would be done after 30 days (after trying to get me to stay on a deal).

Checked my bank account a couple of weeks back,  and was still being charged for it.  Made another phonecall to cancellations (But got throught to the sales dept. as the cancellations department was too busy:D) ...  Girl on the phone confirmed that I did cancel on the 24th of march according to their system,  but couldnt explain to me why it wasnt cancelled,  and i was still being charged.  Asked her to then cancel it for me,  and surprise surprise she couldnt,  but gave me an email address to email to make sure they do it.  Also gave me an address to send off for a refund (Obviously they cant do that over the phone either!)

Emailed,  never got a confirmation,  and a few days ago I got a letter stating that my DD had not gone through (I cancelled it after the 2nd phonecall),  and to send them my direct debit details in the post so they could recover the missed payment.  Cheeky fucking bastards.  It was only going to be a temporary stop for the summer,  but after this,  theres no chance in hell i'm giving them back my bank details.

They can send me as many letters and reminders as they like too - they're in the wrong,  which their own CS person confirmed,  and anyway,  i've moved address now :D

Jesus christ,  what a shambles of a company.  Found another couple of letters today requesting payment,  blah blah blah,  so I rung them up again.

This time,  the CS rep couldnt spot that I cancelled on the 24th of March like the previous one had,  and insisted I sent in a letter (3rd time i'd cancel) by recorded delivery.  After a bit of arguing,  she spoke to a supervisor,  who then somehow found out that my account was cancelled (completely randomly) on the 17th of June.  And once she confirmed that to me,  she basically said thanks and hung up on me.

Cheers,  what a superb company they are.  Also,  used that 0191 number and got through straight away this time,  so cheers for posting that number.

Just spent 15 mins with some twat trying to get me to stay - he offered a £5 a month for 6 months.  Its not about the money, its about the fact they are utter wankers. 

Definately cancelling as requested to do do via mail.  I questionned why there is NOTHING on the website about how to cancel (the word is mentioned once in FAQ) and why it took 15 mons to get this information - usual bullshit - site is being updated.

Their actions smell of a company that might be strapped up to the hilt and desperate for all the money they can get.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just rang the 0191 5013601 number to cancel mine and like Dave said they answered in seconds.

The lass asked why i was wanting to leave and i told her it was because of the price increase.  She then asked if i'd stay if she did me a deal.  She offered me a reduced rate of £7.50 per month so i said i'd stay.

Finally got around to it and did exactly this. :laugh:

She was a Newcastle fan too, good lass.

Got an email today, going up from £9.99 to £12.99 per month on Sky from the start of July for existing customers. It's already that price for new customers.

Twats. :dave:

Btw, we are aware of the database errors some may have got. We're working on it, apologies for any inconvenience.

12.99 on top of sky ?

Blimey Dave. I've never paid for a pay-per-view game yet, or setanta either. Don't think I ever will, just as a matter of principle. The more you pay, the more games will be switched. Thats my reason anyway and I'm sticking to it !!!!!!

Guest sappleton

if you cancel the direct debit and setanta try and take the money out your bank will charge them double the amount

so you could end up owing £19.98 instead of £9.99

Got an email today, going up from £9.99 to £12.99 per month on Sky from the start of July for existing customers. It's already that price for new customers.

Twats. :dave:

Btw, we are aware of the database errors some may have got. We're working on it, apologies for any inconvenience.

12.99 on top of sky ?

Blimey Dave. I've never paid for a pay-per-view game yet, or setanta either. Don't think I ever will, just as a matter of principle. The more you pay, the more games will be switched. Thats my reason anyway and I'm sticking to it !!!!!!

Aye, £57.99 a month (well, it would be before my Setanta offer) for TV I pay. :shifty:

Paying loads to Newcastle via Sky as well as my ST; proper superfan me. ;)