am depressed...

womblemaster

f*** me.  How much did Spurs spend last season? 

Where did Spurs finish? One place above us.  This tells its own story.

Who gives a f***, not me, thats for sure.  Who knows what KK's and the boards plans are.

Enough of that talk, you're upsetting afar.

Yes you are :p

To be fair to Dos Santos, he's only just turned 19, still can go on to be a very, very good player you would think.

He may not be at Messi or Bojan's level, but he's a very exciting prospect and I'd be delighted if it was us signing him, and I suspect many others here would too.

Quoted for truth.

To be fair to Dos Santos, he's only just turned 19, still can go on to be a very, very good player you would think.

He may not be at Messi or Bojan's level, but he's a very exciting prospect and I'd be delighted if it was us signing him, and I suspect many others here would too.

So why are Barca selling him for £4 million?  If he's got so much potential then why not develop him and sell for a massive fee, or even keep him and reap the rewards?

So why are Barca selling him for £4 million?  If he's got so much potential then why not develop him and sell for a massive fee, or even keep him and reap the rewards?

Last year of his contract and he wanted to leave

I'm not so much bothered about missing out on Dos Santos, something doesn't seem quite right there, seems too good of a deal. Barca probably know something that Spurs don't, perhaps that he's actually not all that good.

What I'm more concern with is the apparent lack of effort from our team to secure the much needed players ASAP. Still things may speed up when KK returns from his "well deserved break" in August or whenever that is.

We have to be patient, easier said than done, I know.

The reason for the worry and impatience is the fact that we have absolutely no idea what is going on, anywhere.

For a start this is Ashley's first full transfer window with his man in charge. We have no idea what sort of transfer budget we have, we don't know what sort of players we are planning on signing or what sort of players we are able to attract to the club after some poor recent seasons. We are being linked to heaps of players but nothing totally concrete is happening. All of the people involved in the running of the club seem to have added a heap of other variables - what sort of players are we signing (young, potential or established)? are there restrictions on the sort of players we are going to sign (age, wages etc)? We just don't know. And its the not knowing that leads to the worry.

It also doesn't help that having watched the team all season we can see the obvious deficiencies in the first team and rest of the squad. We know these need to be fixed before next season but when we see players being signed by rivals, some players of which could vastly improve our first team, we have no idea whether they are the sort of players being looked at. We also don't know if the same problems are being seen by those that matter.

Then there are contract negotiations, talk of disharmony behind the scenes etc that again creates further worry. The press is to blame for a lot of this, always seeming to want to have a dig wherever they can.

All the optimism that had developed since KK's winning run has gone since the Chelsea defeat and those now infamous post-match comments. All the uncertainty has stemmed from this. If only we could turn back time...

All that we can do is be patient. There is time left. But until anything of note happens, there will be worry...

Fuck me.  How much did Spurs spend last season? 

Who gives a fuck, not me, thats for sure.  Who knows what KK's and the boards plans are.

I won't be loosing any sleep

The reason for the worry and impatience is the fact that we have absolutely no idea what is going on, anywhere.

For a start this is Ashley's first full transfer window with his man in charge. We have no idea what sort of transfer budget we have, we don't know what sort of players we are planning on signing or what sort of players we are able to attract to the club after some poor recent seasons. We are being linked to heaps of players but nothing totally concrete is happening. All of the people involved in the running of the club seem to have added a heap of other variables - what sort of players are we signing (young, potential or established)? are there restrictions on the sort of players we are going to sign (age, wages etc)? We just don't know. And its the not knowing that leads to the worry.

It also doesn't help that having watched the team all season we can see the obvious deficiencies in the first team and rest of the squad. We know these need to be fixed before next season but when we see players being signed by rivals, some players of which could vastly improve our first team, we have no idea whether they are the sort of players being looked at. We also don't know if the same problems are being seen by those that matter.

Then there are contract negotiations, talk of disharmony behind the scenes etc that again creates further worry. The press is to blame for a lot of this, always seeming to want to have a dig wherever they can.

All the optimism that had developed since KK's winning run has gone since the Chelsea defeat and those now infamous post-match comments. All the uncertainty has stemmed from this. If only we could turn back time...

All that we can do is be patient. There is time left. But until anything of note happens, there will be worry...

I think a lot of people probably share those concerns even if they don't say it because it is still early. If the Modric deal had come off it probably would have settled everyone down a bit easier.

Who gives a f***, not me, thats for sure.  Who knows what KK's and the boards plans are.

I love you too.

Now that's a bloody good post.

I love you too.

I would have been happier with like :)

Last year of his contract and he wanted to leave

Also the fact that Bojan and Messi are vastly better prospects so Dos Santos likely won't see enough first team football to be worth keeping around.

...and the boredom finally sets in.

I mean I can really sympathies with you, after all the transfer window has been open A WHOLE FIVE DAYS! I mean come on mate strap on a pair, go for a walk, take a nice long shower, get a girlfriend, or if you have self esteem issues, I don't know go for a down town Leicester Brown and when we finally make that breakthrough we're dreaming about you'll enjoy it even more.

I mean come on now, there wasn't really going to be much action before the European cup, and even if there was the odds are it would be kept a big dirty secret, so stop worrying your little head, take your eyes of the computer screen and relax. You'll find the signings come thick and fast.

Not worried in the slightest.  We could have 5 signings lined up or all we know.  The media are either ignorant or liars most of the time, and when we do get someone in it will come out of the blue no doubt.

I'm confident that Keegan, Ashley, Wise & co. have enough sense to know that we need big changes and are planning accordingly.  And I'm also confident that they are grown men and not squabbling teenagers, and that any differences in transfer policy will be resolved amicably in the best interests of the club. 

I'm enjoying the European Championships, enjoying my summer and reserving all worry and angst until at least August.  Newcastle ruin enough weekends during the season, don't get wound up during the summer too. 

Guest Deep456

Didn't Fabregas also go on the cheap?

Guest Daishi

OK...  Newcastle transfers before the end of June, since 2000.

7 Jun 2007 Mark Viduka Free 
14 Jun 2007 Joey Barton £5.8M 
29 Jun 2007 David Rozenhal £2.9M
15 Jun 2005 Scott Parker  £6.5m 
23 Jun 2002 Hugo Viana £8.5m
25 Jun 2001 Craig Bellamy  £6m 
1 May 2000 Cristian Bassedas £4.13m 

We're not usually quick off the mark, and i'm sure, with a little rooting around t'internet, you'd find not a lot of teams are - especially prior to a major tournament.

Guest kingdawson

ermmmm thought Dos Santos has looked pretty rubbish wenever i've seen him play (except the murcia game where he was out of this world). Wasnt really happy about this signing but seeing the low price, im actually excited now. It definetly worth the gamble for £4.7 mill.

We still need defensive reinforcements though, so we'll see.

I'm not worried, all we know for sure is that we bid a lot for Modric and he turned us down for Spurs for whatever reason. That's fair enough, at least we tried. Sounds to me like Barca see no future in Dos Santos considering how young he is they could easily keep him without giving him first team football so he's probably pretty shite.