Enrique for Zigic?

Kaizero

Dawson would be a terrible signing we shouldnt even be thinking of signing him i would rather keep Cacapa

Dawson is blunder prone, but there is a good CD in there somewhere. Still young?

We already have Taylor though we need someone experienced in there with him or Faye

would have to pass on Dawson

i think i'll lose faith in life itself if we sign dawson - what fucken scouting team would recommend/approve him anyways?

Chris Hughton?

oh JESUS CHRIST aye...

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK FUCK

Dawson would be a terrible signing we shouldnt even be thinking of signing him i would rather keep Cacapa

Dawson is blunder prone, but there is a good CD in there somewhere. Still young?

We already have Taylor though we need someone experienced in there with him or Faye

i think i'll lose faith in life itself if we sign dawson - what fucken scouting team would recommend/approve him anyways?

Being overly harsh on Dawson imo.

Well based on the fact Dawson is absolutely fucking crap, I don't expect him to be on Keegan's wish list at all. So no idea where you've got it that he's a 'main target'. :)

Well based on the fact Dawson is absolutely fucking crap, I don't expect him to be on Keegan's wish list at all. So no idea where you've got it that he's a 'main target'. :)

I don't think he's on KK's list either. ;)

Dunne and Crouch look like names that would be on KK's list.

Even if you do rate Dawson, surely you can't really argue that he's the type of defender we need at all.

We need a more composed, organiser type CB to play alongside Faye/Taylor. Someone who reads the game well and will allow Taylor/Faye to be the more physical all-action CB.

Dawson certainly doesn't fit into that category, he'd be a dreadful signing tbh.

Being overly harsh on Dawson imo.

you think?  perhaps...white titus bramble IMO, minus a bit of fat

Even if you do rate Dawson, surely you can't really argue that he's the type of defender we need at all.

We need a more composed, organiser type CB to play alongside Faye/Taylor. Someone who reads the game well and will allow Taylor/Faye to be the more physical all-action CB.

Dawson certainly doesn't fit into that category, he'd be a dreadful signing tbh.

I imagine we were seriously looking at Dunne, but circumstances have changed somewhat. Agree Dawson is a strange one.

Think he'll have a nosebleed if he leaves Norf Lahndhan. (Backtrack in place*)  bluerazz.gif

Alexis?? Young CD.

Michael dawson from northallerton will have a nosebleed if he leaves london? Ok.

I meant he's continually said he wants to stay at Spurs while they run around trying to sign new CD's.

Guest optimistic nit

If that is our squad for next year it looks like its going to be another long hard season tbh

aye, Dave if we go into next season with Butt or Geremi as nailed on starters, i will be very dissapointed. you have to see that man.

carroll as a 4th striker is not desperately wrong, but he hasn't scored a goal yet, so relying on him if we have a couple of injuries is far from ideal. i'd like 2 new strikers signed here, weirdly now i'd probably just about accept diane as a 4th striker, if the fee was cheap and we're strapped for cash, which we hopefully are not.

what if feye or taylor get injured? edgar has proved nowt so far, except he's not ready to be a first choice centreback, so we NEED someone good to compete with these 2. i thought cacapa look pretty good pre pompey, but if keegan doesn't rate him, then we do, NEED somebody else in there.

btw you can't seriously be suggesting that we don't sign anyone to be a first teamer as a central midfielder. seriously man, i thought you meant just one of them starting. we need BOTH removed from the first 11, or i will be looking forward to another shit season. you even seem to be suggesting replacing milner, before these 2. i would like to see a better right winger brought in, but milner is good enough for now. he'd start for any side outside the top 10, and maybe a couple inside it (villa probably, and maybe liverpool :lol: ).

also why are we signing a new first teamer ahead of N' Zogbia? :lol:

Those are all pretty major, preferably i would sign a younger understudy to beye (like you said) and an experienced competitor to Enrique. if we think enrique is good enough to be our left back for the next 10 years, then there is no real point signing a younger understudy to him, but an experianced left back could be useful imo.

all the major points are desperately needed by the club, imo.

why did we bother getting rid of bramble. i did think he was older than 24, but seriously, we have taylor whose younger, better and slightly less injury prone. stay well clear.

Guest optimistic nit

If that is our squad for next year it looks like its going to be another long hard season tbh

Why, who else do you think we should replace? I don't think looking to replace a third of the outfield players is undercooking things, really. Seems realistic to me.

Just picking names out of the air, but if the new left-mid is Arda*, the new right-mid is Arshavin*, and the new striker is Bent, I can't see why Keegan can't make that squad look pretty good.

*No, I'm no expert on these players. ;)

tbh.

I just commented on what I think Keegan wants to do in relation to his comments all along, and that I don't think it's unreasonable. Still not what I'd want to do, is it?

I'm happy enough for Butt to be first choice next season, he's not world class but does his job quite well.

We absolutely need someone with a bit of craft on the ball in there somewhere though. If we go into next year with Barton, N'Zogbia and Milner as our primary attacking midfielders either side of Butt then we're goosed tbh. Really do rate Zoggy but he's at his best playing very direct so we need someone else in there who can slow it down a bit and dictate the tempo.

Ideally my 3 signings would be an experienced, cerebral CB who reads the game evry well, a ball playing midfielder and a big, physical CF type.

Go into next season with a team something like this

------------------ Given/Harper

Beye ---- Taylor/Faye --- New CB ------ Enrique

----------New CM ---- Butt ---- N'Zogbia

Owen

Martins ------------- New CF

If we can get a really good DM in to replace Butt then by all menas go for it, but these 3 other positions are the most important for me.

I would then expect there'll be a squad player or two brought in as the likes of Duff, Smith and Barton may be moved on.

I think that team would have a nice balance to it, with N'Zogbia playing much wider than the new CM, operating as more of winger when we do have possession. Martins could pull out to the right hand side to try and give us a bit of width out there, as the new man brought in will hopefully be a bit more of a ball player type.

Guest optimistic nit

well i think its very unreasonable.

its been a pretty poor end of season window so far (not saying we've been particulary slow, or that we've even done that much wrong) but i'm not going to lower my expectations, and if we replace milner and zog but not butt and geremi then keegan should be sacked held fully responsible for the shit season ahead, and marcelino would start looking a lot more attractive.

not that thats what i think we will do, and i see no evidence that keegan is not going to buy a cm, or is going to replace our wingers first, but if he did, it would be fucking stupid in my opinion.

FAO shak, butt will be a year older next season, he was never a brilliant defensive mid, and he's getting worse, so we really need to replace him.

FAO shak, butt will be a year older next season, he was never a brilliant defensive mid, and he's getting worse, so we really need to replace him.

I reckon a young understudy is the most likely thing, someone who can take over from Butt eventually. I'd be surprised if Butt isn't starting on the first day of the season tbh.

As we saw towards the end of the season, when Butt is asked to just sit in front of the back 4 and stop the opposition and not try anything too ambitious going forward he's a very solid player. It's when he's got wasters like Alan Smith and, previously, Scott Parker accompanying him in CM, floundering in their attempts to be the ball playing CM that Butt tends to get out of his depth as he then starts trying to do more than what he's suited to doing, namely sitting in front of the back 4.

With a better player than Geremi alongside him, I think he can be reliable next season. If we can afford to bring in a top replacement for him then I'm all for it, because he's not a world-beater by any means, but I don't see replacing him as being an absolute necessity, while the other 3 new starters are IMO.

Wouldn't be averse to seeing us try to get Huddlestone to play in the Butt role. Good passer and can dictate a game and is probably more suited to the 3 man midfield. Although he does have his drawbacks. We do need a player who can dictate the tempo from the DM position, something which Butt doesn't do.

Wouldn't be averse to seeing us try to get Huddlestone to play in the Butt role. Good passer and can dictate a game and is probably more suited to the 3 man midfield. Although he does have his drawbacks. We do need a player who can dictate the tempo from the DM position, something which Butt doesn't do.

'The Hudd' would be a good move seeing as the spuds are looking to offload him for around £6m.

Isn't flawless of course but i think a much better option than having Butt in mid for the full season.