Let this topic die

Dave

http://www.eufootball.biz/Clubs/1106084-Shepherd--bid-Real-Mallorca.html

Shepherd to place bid for Real Mallorca

Spain - 11 June, 2008

Freddy Shepherd, former English Newcastle United Chairman, has bid GBP 40 million to acquire Spanish Real Deportivo Mallorca.

Shepherd has recently gained GBP 37 million in the sale of his Newcastle stakes to Mike Ashley.

Ninety-three percent of the shareholding of the Spanish outfit has been opened for bidding, and a number of investors are expected to make offers.

Stakes in the club are desired by both Spanish and overseas investors.

Formal negotiations between Shepherd, along with his legal council and Mallorca President Vinenc Grande will open this week.

Mallorca finished seventh in La Liga last season - a point below the European slots.

Guest Jawesome

Fucking yes!  A chance for the entirety of Spain to witness what we witnessed first hand.  Absolute fat bastardary.

Hell No !! Having a father and family on the island and having lived there when I was a young whipper snapper. Naturally Mallorca are my Spanish team. Please no Freddie leave them alone.

Freddy to Mallorca manager "Hola likes. Do yee know....el Alberto Luqueo? He's el good! Buy him..o"

Why would you try to 'spanish up' a spanish name?  :laugh:

Have you seen who this thread is about? :lol:

I've always been in favour of English football's finest talent gaining experience abroad.

I think Fat Freddie had got into a bit of a rut, making the same mistakes over and over again, and just wasn't growing as a buffoon any more. I think he'll learn a lot from la Liga's unique brand of clownish club presidents, and will return a much more rounded twat for the experience.

• 2 weeks later...

LONDON, June 23 (Reuters) - Former Newcastle United Chairman Freddy Shepherd is in talks to buy Spanish soccer club RCD Mallorca, he told Reuters on Monday.

The club is up for sale for about 40 million euros ($62.1 million) after its parent company, Grupo Drac, filed for administration last week, a source close to the situation said.

"All I can say is that we're in discussions," Shepherd told Reuters. "We live in Mallorca most of the year. Mallorca has always been our second team."

Shepherd declined to give more details. Mallorca declined to comment.

Finished 7th didn't they?

Probably finish higher than us again (position to position in league) and he will own the lot this time round.

Bet he signs better players than us this summer as well.

Finished 7th didn't they?

Probably finish higher than us again (position to position in league) and he will own the lot this time round.

Bet he signs better players than us this summer as well.

How much?