Danny Guthrie signed from Liverpool on 4 year deal

Guest Redcar Mag

You have to wonder why Bolton didnt buy him for as little as £2m if he was as good as people say.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't think it's anything worth getting too concerned about. Bolton aren't loaded with money, especially since they'll have just blown the majority of whatever budget they've got signing Elmander. There's nothing to say Guthrie wanted to stay there anyway.

He was pretty keen tbf, said so on a few occasions, that was before our interest though.

You have to wonder why Bolton didnt buy him for as little as £2m if he was as good as people say.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't think it's anything worth getting too concerned about. Bolton aren't loaded with money, especially since they'll have just blown the majority of whatever budget they've got signing Elmander. There's nothing to say Guthrie wanted to stay there anyway.

He was pretty keen tbf, said so on a few occasions, that was before our interest though.

probably because it was close to Pool and in the prem.  May have been concerned about playing in the Panda Pop league.

He had 30 starts last season. He's an attacking midfield player. To my knowledge in 30 starts he scored 1 goal and made 0 assists.

He'll fit right in here.  :lol:

I can't recall seeing him play so I won't pass judgement but the lack of assists could be down to the fact that Bolton scored a pathetic amount of goals after Anelka left.

Guest Stephen927

Don't know what to say about it really, got to see the lad in action properly in the black and white before making any judgement. £2m is a decent price, I don't think he'll be a world beater by any stretch but he'll be eager to impress and must have something about him that Keegan likes.

Maybe Megson didnt want him because he doesn't really fit in with Bolton's style and is more of a player who likes the ball played on the floor and not over his head.

Guest Mcdonald36

I wouldn't be using Bolton rejecting him as any barometer of the lads ability. Megson is clueless.

I'll admit, I know pratically nothing about the lad, so can't comment on whether he's going to work out here or not. But at 2million and most probably relatively low wages, it's practically no risk. We need the heads in for sure, so from that point if this one comes off then it's good news.

Jesus fucking wept, what a bunch of moaning twats, the lad hasn't even kicked a ball for us.

How many players have we signed previously touted as being class that have been bitterly disappointing? Whats to say the opposite can't occur. The fact is Keegan is beginning to restore my confidence  in the club and if he sees something in the lad then who are we to argue.

If the lad turns out to be otter toss then so be it, but why cast doubts on him when he's yet to play for us.

Jesus fucking wept, what a bunch of moaning twats, the lad hasn't even kicked a ball for us.

How many players have we signed previously touted as being class that have been bitterly disappointing? Whats to say the opposite can't occur. The fact is Keegan is beginning to restore my confidence  in the club and if he sees something in the lad then who are we to argue.

If the lad turns out to be otter toss then so be it, but why cast doubts on him when he's yet to play for us.

:lol: Is this some sort of generic response? That comment has no fucking substance whatsoever.

The general concensus, to me is, "Not very exciting. No risk at £2m. I have faith in Keegan." No one has slated this signing.

Read the thread and get a grip.

Jesus f***ing wept, what a bunch of moaning twats, the lad hasn't even kicked a ball for us.

http://radio.weblogs.com/0101197/images/2002/11/25/Otter-2.jpg

It was mentioned ages ago (maybe a month or so ago) that Bolton were resigned to losing out on him to us. To qoute NUFC.com Nufc.com "Bolton officials have made it known that they expect to be unsuccessful in their attempts to sign midfielder Danny Guthrie - as the player is coming to SJP."

Er, that's where this thread came from in the first place.

Great to see us finally get the ball rolling, so to speak. Thats two in two weeks aint it?

I can only see him adding to the depth of our squad and holding promise for the future. However, we are in need of bodies with premiership experiance and young english talent is very welcome, especially at a low cost.

Obviously i'd like to see us going for a few players of bigger calibre but i don't mind seeing a couple of youngsters coming in, Barnes and Evans next please.

Oh and bravo to the confidentiality, very little press again. 

From youtube comments, good enough for me!  O0

danny guthrie is a sick player m8 .. he goes to my cuzions house cos he is friends wif ma cuzions boyfriend m8 he is safe as fuck

He'll never pass the medical!

It was mentioned ages ago (maybe a month or so ago) that Bolton were resigned to losing out on him to us. To qoute NUFC.com Nufc.com "Bolton officials have made it known that they expect to be unsuccessful in their attempts to sign midfielder Danny Guthrie - as the player is coming to SJP."

Er, that's where this thread came from in the first place.

I know. I'm referring back to it in reference to the guy who questioned why Bolton didn't try and buy him if he was so good.

Ah right, apologies.

Guest kingdawson

Eagles will be joining Watford as far as I know. When I went looking for a job in the club store earlier, the fella reckoned we'd made a bid. He's a local lad. Not even that great. Not good enough for you.

Guthrie will be reliable and decent for you with potential to improve. :)

A bit O/t but this guy i know went to school with Eagles and said he's (or was) a total nut job. Amongst other things, he told me about the time he had a wank in class then rubbed the substance in one girls hair.

Just spoke to one of my Liverpool mates on the phone, amongst other things he's quoted a figure of £2.2 million.

Like what? :D

- Most Liverpool supporters agree he will never be good enough to be a starting player in their team.

- He said that he thinks it would have been better to send him out on loan for another season, rather than sell him.

- Apparently, Guthrie wants to leave the club, rather than try and earn a first-team place and in May, wanted to join Bolton.