Danny Guthrie signed from Liverpool on 4 year deal

Guest Redcar Mag

Guest 22bnw

He will do no harm. We need squad players desperately so we aren't putting decent players like Rozehnal in midfield against their wishes and upsetting them.

Average player from what I saw at Bolton but I'd much rather fill out the squad with young, ambitious players with who will no doubt improve with age than overpaid journeymen.

Average player from what I saw at Bolton but I'd much rather fill out the squad with young, ambitious players with who will no doubt improve with age than overpaid journeymen.

And you know he isnt ambitious, how?

Huh?

And you know he isnt ambitious, how?

Huh?

Ooops!

Read it wrong!

We don't need squad players. We've just played a full season with squad standard players in midfield. We need first teamers.

We need both.

Larrson squad player - Yes

Guthrie - No

We do need both, we just don't need less than average shite like Guthrie.

We don't need squad players. We've just played a full season with squad standard players in midfield. We need first teamers.

We need both.

As far as i'm concerned Barton, Geremi, and Butt are all back up players. So 3 first team players is what we need.

We need both.

As far as i'm concerned Barton, Geremi, and Butt are all back up players. So 3 first team players is what we need.

And if we get this lad you think Keegan will just forget about all that?

Class player. That's from what I saw of him at Southampton, great potential tbh.

Nice to hear from someone who has actually seen him play.  So GG what kind of player is he and what do you recall him doing particularly well?

A little lightweight, but he's a good playmaker, from what I saw you could liken him to someone like Luka Modric, small but strings play together and has an eye for a through ball. Obviously not on that level but I reckon he's got the potential to play for a top 10 aspirationally top 6 side regularly and would be a good squad player for you.

Class player. That's from what I saw of him at Southampton, great potential tbh.

Nice to hear from someone who has actually seen him play.  So GG what kind of player is he and what do you recall him doing particularly well?

A little lightweight, but he's a good playmaker, from what I saw you could liken him to someone like Luka Modric, small but strings play together and has an eye for a through ball. Obviously not on that level but I reckon he's got the potential to play for a top 10 aspirationally top 6 side regularly and would be a good squad player for you.

Cool  :thup:

So he is at least a creative sort. Sounds alright to me. He is still very young too so will still have a chance to improve.

This is all well and good at Championship level.

This was over a year ago, since then he's been playing regular Premiership football. You do know that you have to build from somewhere if you're going to become a Champions League club, a reliable young English player, with potential to improve really wouldn't be a bad acquisition, providing you don't pay more then £2/£3M for him. Who knows, in a better side, with players providing more intelligent play he may become even better.

This was over a year ago, since then he's been playing regular Premiership football. You do know that you have to build from somewhere if you're going to become a Champions League club, a reliable young English player, with potential to improve really wouldn't be a bad acquisition, providing you don't pay more then £2/£3M for him. Who knows, in a better side, with players providing more intelligent play he may become even better.

Very true i suppose, but i still don't think he's got enough in him for what we need.

Don't be silly. He's a top four reject and everyone knows we're bigger than Barcelona. Should be in for Ronaldo not this shite tbh.

Something I'd like to add, another young English top 4 reject spent some time on loan at two different Premiership clubs, but was not really going to be in with a sniff of first team football when he was to return to his parent club, is now being touted as a player beyond your means, one David Bentley. You've got to speculate to accumulate...

Don't be silly. He's a top four reject and everyone knows we're bigger than Barcelona. Should be in for Ronaldo not this s**** tbh.

Fair enough. It just shows you how overpriced English players are when we're talking 2/3 million for a fairly promising 21 year old midfielder who hasn't shown much to suggest he can cut it at the top level but has some experience in the Premiership with a lower table club. That sort of money would buy you an awful lot more talent for your money on the continent. Van Persie and Van der Vaart went for that sort of money not long ago, and there's bargains to be had if you know where to look.