Danny Guthrie signed from Liverpool on 4 year deal

Guest Redcar Mag

Agree with Johnnypd to some extent, but if he's first choice next season i shan't be disappointed. Granted, that's more to do with the context, but i think he's a decent player who'll improve. Needs to stay fit though.

I've got more faith in this lad than i have the lionshare of CMs we've had in the last few years, for whatever reason.

I think we should keep him around and help him get better. I hope we dont make a mistake and sell him like we did with Milner.

Just to dig up old bones; selling Milner wasn't the mistake, 'replacing him' with Xisco and Gonzalez was. Imo anyway...

technically he is very, very good, but i just don't think he has the physical (or mental) attributes to ever be one of the first names on the teamsheet at an established premiership club.

He's only just turned 22, I don't think you stop growing until 23 and even then he's got a chance to bulk up.  As for mental attributes, they'll com with age as well

Yeah that's how it works in FM..

Exactly my frigging point! :lol:

I think we should keep him around and help him get better. I hope we dont make a mistake and sell him like we did with Milner.

Just to dig up old bones; selling Milner wasn't the mistake, 'replacing him' with Xisco and Gonzalez was. Imo anyway...

He was an alright player but £12m was far too good to turn down. That wasn't the mistake.

Exactly my frigging point! :lol:

He was an alright player but £12m was far too good to turn down. That wasn't the mistake.

£12 million in instalments though  :dowie:

:sadnod:

technically he is very, very good, but i just don't think he has the physical (or mental) attributes to ever be one of the first names on the teamsheet at an established premiership club.

He's only just turned 22, I don't think you stop growing until 23 and even then he's got a chance to bulk up.  As for mental attributes, they'll com with age as well

And real life, unless you don't think maturity comes with age.

Neither do I, but he's better than what we've got. Sad but true.

Anyone talking about it being a mistake to sell Milner for £12m is being wise after the event, which makes the opinion worthless.

And real life, unless you don't think maturity comes with age.

Tbh I think overall it would be a much fairer comment that whatever the player is like at age 20 he's gonna be the same at age 30 in terms of attitude, awareness, leadership and so on - barring serious mismanagement ofc.

Selling Milner wasn't the mistake, failing to have a suitable replacement lined up was. There were rumours of that Bastian Schweinsteiger had been sounded out but that's not really good enough is it.

Failing to secure a replacement before selling a very useful player on his day, given the state of our squad at the time, is just criminal.