Danny Guthrie signed from Liverpool on 4 year deal

Guest Redcar Mag

Guest DazzaNufc1892

are people seriously rating this lad off his performances for bolton? ITS BOLTON FOR FUKS SAKE

you could put lampard in that team and he would only look mediocre, give the boy a chance, it wouldnt be the first time liverpool have let a lad go whos "not up to it" according to the fans, and yet hes turned out to be a real quality player ala warnock at blackburn

For me this is a positive move. I personally believe we have got a talented core of players in the squad, it needs a few more but it also needs some promising youngsters to bring some bite and drive back into the squad.

are people seriously rating this lad off his performances for bolton? ITS BOLTON FOR FUKS SAKE

you could put lampard in that team and he would only look mediocre, give the boy a chance, it wouldnt be the first time liverpool have let a lad go whos "not up to it" according to the fans, and yet hes turned out to be a real quality player ala warnock at blackburn

So he can't look good at Bolton but you expect him to look good for us?? :D

Guest neesy111

erm the liverpool fans r saying that he is up to it ffs

To be fair mate, apparently he was major factor in their survival last season and the Liverpool fans sound like they rate him quite highley.

There are always those who will put a downer on things. Dread to think what DvD matheiS will have watched.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

So he can't look good at Bolton but you expect him to look good for us?? :D

completely the opposite, if you stick a player in an unexpressive team and squad, that are content parking the bus and making sure that everyone does their 'jobs' then you are going to look poor. Personally though while im defending the lad, id prefer us to move for eagles, good guy, great player

To be fair mate, apparently he was major factor in their survival last season and the Liverpool fans sound like they rate him quite highley.

There are always those who will put a downer on things. Dread to think what DvD matheiS will have watched.

By the sound of his game and having watched him play he isn't really a Bolton style player, seems to prefer to get it down on the floor not the hit and hope.

Sounds like you need to get a grip FOR FUKS SAKE.

I honestly haven't found one genuinely, completely negative comment about the lad since the news came out this morning. 'Unexciting' is about as bad as it has got having had a quick scan through the last couple of pages.

Guest toonlass

Thinking about it, I reckon a good buy. Came through the Liverpool youth system, did a spell out on loan, knows what the premiership standard is. I would be happy enough to have him in our squad and give him a chance. Why not?

This could be similar to David Bentley, in that a young English player with plenty to prove can't get a look in at a top 4 side, takes the decision to step down a little bit and establish himself. Given the potential fee, we have a lot to gain, and not much to lose.

Tell you you who I would love at the club, and who might want to leave his.

Your namesake.

I would drive him here from Spain if he was to join us! Sadly, he has really struggled with injury for two seasons, and doubts remain as to whether we see him at anywhere near his best or the form he was showing prior to those injuries. Perhaps a new club might be just what he needs, although he remains a very popular figure amongst the fans.

Decent acquisition. Personally happy with this, as its better to give a decent young player a chance in the squad rather than buying expensive big-name squad fillers like Duff.

Hope he has the same impact as Gillespie in terms of an "average" youngster given to us as part of a swap deal.

Decent acquisition. Personally happy with this, as its better to give a decent young player a chance in the squad rather than buying expensive big-name squad fillers like Duff.

Hope he has the same impact as Gillespie in terms of an "average" youngster given to us as part of a swap deal.

Doubt Milner has anything to do with it TBH. Won't be too gutted if he does mind.

A fair number of Bolton fans wouldnt take the lad back at 1.5million figure.  Said he is too lightweight and no real end product.  His age is taken into consideration too.  Whenever i saw him however - admittedly only one or two games, looked like their best player.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

im sure we will raid united to be honest, evans has already been mentioned and that one is happening behind the scenes, eagles is in talks with 2 prem clubs, i no one of them is west ham. I could genuinly see us looking at somebody liek frase campbell though. Did well at Hull, dont think he would cut it here, but i think we could see a triple bid in that area