2008/2009 Fixtures - PLEASE ALL READ OPENING POST

Dave

So we can't even say "Stoke at home first"? or "Mackems on 16th November"?

As I understand it, you could get away with something like "I'm looking forward to playing Blackburn on the opening day, but I can't believe that we are away on Boxing Day again. Why can't Chelsea come to us, they always get their own way with the fixtures?"

You just musn't post lists, and you musn't post too many games in one post regardless of how you write it.

What about that "code" thingy someone used in the Chat section which hid the answer of an joke.

Then you pushed it with the pointy thingy with the mouse and then the answer appeared in an "roll-window" thing?

What is the worst thing in the world?

They would never work that one out :lol:

What happened to that rule where you could post up to 4 fixtures or whatever it was? Or has that been scrapped on the basis that many people don't know how to stop at 4?

Scrapped ages ago on the basis that it wasn't actually correct.

What about that "code" thingy someone used in the Chat section which hid the answer of an joke.

Then you pushed it with the pointy thingy with the mouse and then the answer appeared in an "roll-window" thing?

They would never work that one out :lol:

:lol:

Okay guys, I have

Like this:

Dave smells

Guaranteed a ban.

You could just.....you know......link to the BBC website?

Don't be silly, that's far too much effort. I prefer to scream and shout and stamp my feet like a little girl. :lol:

You could just.....you know......link to the BBC website?

Don't be silly, that's far too much effort. I prefer to scream and shout and stamp my feet like a little girl. :lol:

Someone will inevitably post the following whatever:

West Ham (Win)

Manchester United (Lose)

Arsenal (Lose)

Chelsea (Draw)

Blackburn (Win)

etc.

Do people know how fixtures are compiled by the way?

Basically, the PL get lists from the police as to when they don't want games, and lists from clubs on away games they want to avoid on certain dates.

This year, there is a possibility that thepolice might request Newcastle play away one weekend in September due to the proximity of the Tour of Britain stage finishing there.

Meanwhile, several clubs specifically ask not to play away at Newcastle on Boxing Day and get their own way.

As most will know, tomorrow (Monday 16th June at 10am) sees the release of next season's fixtures.

As most will also already know, this list is strictly copyrighted. The Premier League enforce this copyright by chasing webhosts and closing down websites where fixtures are published illegally by threatening legal action.

The fixtures cost £435 to buy for one club (thousands of pounds for all clubs), so paying for them for this forum is unfortunately out of the question. We therefore have no alternative but to enforce our own rules, which mean that no fixture lists may be reproduced on this forum, in any way. This means no workarounds, such as fake names, partial lists; nothing.

This is the one rule that is enforced by nearly every website on the internet, so we hope you don't see it as a reason to complain. If you know of a forum where fixtures are allowed, please feel free to go there.

To summarise:

Not Allowed

• Any fixtures in list format.
  • No specific dates or locations of any match.

Allowed

• General discussion. 'I think we will win our first match' is obviously okay. 'I think we'll beat Boro and Sunderland and finish the season well' is just about okay.
  • Links to other websites where the fixtures have been paid for, such as NUFC.com, the BBC etc.

As an example of what can happen if fixtures are posted illegally, please read this: http://www.bsad.org/0506/reports/fixtures_letter.html. A previous incarnation of this website/forum has also been closed down in the past.

Anyone found to be deliberately or repeatedly breaking the rules on posting fixtures will be banned for 14 days as per this rule: http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=19161.0

Any questions, add them in this thread. What we can and can't post is a pretty grey area, but we're trying to avoid all possibility of the forum being closed down. Better safe than sorry is our policy.

Thanks,

Admin.

Just to clarify, in the not allowed bit you mention we can't discuss locations of any match. How does this affect talking about travel, for instance, a new thread along the lines of 'anyone want to share a lift to Old Trafford next weekend?'

Just to clarify, in the not allowed bit you mention we can't discuss locations of any match. How does this affect talking about travel, for instance, a new thread along the lines of 'anyone want to share a lift to Old Trafford next weekend?'

Eh? This thread applies specifically to lists of fixtures, and the dates and locations of those fixtures. Not the next match, or travel arrangements for one game.

We seem to manage nearly all season with this rule, why do people find it so difficult to hold back around this time? There's nothing new here. Confusing.

Guest Mantis

Does the Premier League get £400 odd quid for allowing someone to print the fixture list? The greedy ****s.  They are getting as bad FIFA.  Who enforces it as well?  There are thousands of sites and forums where fans could list the fixtures.  I would love to see someone up before the judge.  'You are charged with typing a fixture list on your computer, how do you plead'?  

Welcome to 2008 in GREAT Britain.

This forum just isn't good enough to post fixtures, we have to face facts we will never be a big forum on the net :(

I can't believe you would come out and say that Jon!

How can you expect any new posters to come here now!

Does the Premier League get £400 odd quid for allowing someone to print the fixture list? The greedy ****s.  They are getting as bad FIFA.  Who enforces it as well?  There are thousands of sites and forums where fans could list the fixtures.  I would love to see someone up before the judge.  'You are charged with typing a fixture list on your computer, how do you plead'? 

Welcome to 2008 in GREAT Britain.

It's been around for years. Nobody has challenged it. Unfortunately we are not in a position to change that...

This forum just isn't good enough to post fixtures, we have to face facts we will never be a big forum on the net :(

Sorry mate but we can't expect to beat the likes of GG and Bluekipper for members these days, especially with the admin fannying about soo much to register them and not offering as much as these other forums will these days.

Sorry mate but we can't expect to beat the likes of GG and Bluekipper for members these days, especially with the admin fannying about soo much to register them and not offering as much as these other forums will these days.

Closet Glory-Glory member. Arsehole. :dave:

Meanwhile, several clubs specifically ask not to play away at Newcastle on Boxing Day and get their own way.

:celb:

Should be better than Wigan at least, this year mate. :D

Well tbh I have heard you, Dave and Midds have a criteria for new members which Rich, Catmag and Andy don't agree with which is affecting any new members signing up.

If you lot sorted it out maybe we could progress.