Anyone else kinda enjoying it?

Dave

I'm actually getting to the point where it's quite liberating for the club to be letting nothing slip to the tabloids.

Its a refreshing change for them to be keeping their business to themselves as the media get increasingly desperate for rag-selling tales. How many times has Lennon been linked now and it's STILL the best they can come up with. :lol:

Sure, I'd like them to make some moves soon and bring some players in before 7th July (when the players report back for training btw), but I remain reasonably confident we'll do what we need to. And the fact I probably won't have read about it beforehand only makes it more exciting.

its catch 22 for me I love the thought of sticking 2 fingers up to the press and telling them nothing they have raped us enough to the point where we are "tokenly" added to nearly every article you can think of.

However I also wish we knew more about the plans of the board/the backing the manager has/ how much money we have to spend of a lil peek at the type of players we have already thought about.

Guest gbolem

It's great. Makes any signings we do make all the more exciting as we haven't had months of the club talking about it

its catch 22 for me I love the thought of sticking 2 fingers up to the press and telling them nothing they have raped us enough to the point where we are "tokenly" added to nearly every article you can think of.

However I also wish we knew more about the plans of the board/the backing the manager has/ how much money we have to spend of a lil peek at the type of players we have already thought about.

Fair enough mate, I can't deny I'd love to know who we're after and who we're going to get. I've been going mental on Newsnow the last week or so, but I think I'm just coming to accept the fact that when we sign someone it'll probably be a surprise.

Guest Geordiesned

It's a tricky one. I like the fact business is being done behind the scenes and not in the media but until we actually see some quality signings coming in we don't actually know for sure that there is any incoming transfer activity going on behind the scenes.

It's a tricky one. I like the fact business is being done behind the scenes and not in the media but until we actually see some quality signings coming in we don't actually know for sure that there is any incoming transfer activity going on behind the scenes.

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

just hope that we are making any progress with the transfers because its starting to be a little bit worrying...

alot of players left the club and still no new signings.

tottenham bought couple of players already

i just wish if we had signed Arshavin before the Euro 2008.

I knew that his price would be 10 times more after the championship...

Now is far more difficult to sign him and he is really good player...

just hope that we are making any progress with the transfers because its starting to be a little bit worrying...

alot of players left the club and still no new signings.

tottenham bought couple of players already

i just wish if we had signed Arshavin before the Euro 2008.

I knew that his price would be 10 times more after the championship...

Now is far more difficult to sign him and he is really good player...

username of the year

Complete silence could mean that the board are completely 100% to fault for the following:

Server php_bb error

Boards didn't crash when we signed £3m strikers on the old board.

Fair enough mate, I can't deny I'd love to know who we're after and who we're going to get. I've been going mental on Newsnow the last week or so, but I think I'm just coming to accept the fact that when we sign someone it'll probably be a surprise.

Newsnow is my friend I love it although sometimes the bastard can get my hopes up seen as the sources are shite at times. I am affraid of the unknown and excited about it at the same time abit like a kid at xmas wanting to know if he/she got their big present.

I don't mind the silence at all, just as long as there is some indication from the club that we are willing to show some ambition and put the money up for good players who are capable of doing a job in the team now, not in 5 years or so. There is no time like the present etc. It does seem that we are willing to do that though when you look at our bids for Woodgate and Modric.

The logical side of me is happy that we are taking what appears to be a professional approach; but the irrational side of me is getting extremely restless as no one has a clue what calibre of player Keegan and the board are setting as the standard this summer.

The logical side of me is happy that we are taking what appears to be a professional approach; but the irrational side of me is getting extremely restless as no one has a clue what calibre of player Keegan and the board are setting as the standard this summer.

The only ones we know for certain are Woodgate and Modric.

Good point, I guess that is a fairly decent standard. We'll have to wait and see whether it is a realistic standard or not.

both of them would have cost around 25m as well and would only have covered 2 of the 3/4 signings keegan said he wanted so jumping to conclusions here there seems to be the funding to get the players they want lets hope they have decent back up targets who turn us down/go else where/stay put. I would hate to think we put all our eggs into one basket target wise and signed no one as Keegan can only do so much with what he has.

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

the worrying thing is that both of them rejected us to go to tottenham.

hope this doesnt happen again with the players we want to sign now

Fairly decent :lol:

I probably would have had someone make a similar comment had I put "Bloody brilliant", so went for the modest answer!

Probably :D

Still would settle for 5 fairly decent players if thats what they are classed as.