Anyone else kinda enjoying it?

Dave

We have already put in a bid for a player who would have broken our transfer record but no the board are stingy and aren't prepared to spend any money.

We have no idea what is going on in the background. The players we have been linked with the most have been playing an international tournament.

I will worry when there seems to be reason to worry but at the moment apart from media bullshit I don't see any major problems. Ok we missed out on a very talented young player but fact is we were in for him and its a promising sign of our intentions this window.

mien got!!  replay your whole post and the transfer is wayne rooney

i'll be NE5 - BA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

Yep it was EXACTLY the same as the Rooney transfer.

:jesuswept:

Aye, Keegan not having a holiday is a great idea. It's obviously in our interests for him to be totally knackered next season, and just because the beginning of the close season is the best time to have a vacation, particularly when there's little transfer activity because much of the footballing world is preoccupied with an international tournament, that's no excuse for someone who loves the club. He should be ashamed of himself.

Apparently he's been on the phone a lot even when on holiday so it's not as if everything has come to a complete standstill just because the manager has gone away for a few weeks.

Of course he'll do a more effective job when he's at his desk at SJP or whatever but to be perfectly honest a lot of clubs in this league haven't bought anyone in yet either. And some of the ones that have aren't that significant (Ramsey, Little etc).

I'm actually getting to the point where it's quite liberating for the club to be letting nothing slip to the tabloids.

Its a refreshing change for them to be keeping their business to themselves as the media get increasingly desperate for rag-selling tales. How many times has Lennon been linked now and it's STILL the best they can come up with. :lol:

Sure, I'd like them to make some moves soon and bring some players in before 7th July (when the players report back for training btw), but I remain reasonably confident we'll do what we need to. And the fact I probably won't have read about it beforehand only makes it more exciting.

dave, you strike me as a top dude but you're pushing this blind faith thing a bit far IMO

you might well end the summer looking like an utter t*** with NE5 smoking cheroots over your rotting corpse

{hope no one takes the corpse thing too seriously, if you do then ram it}

If I do then so be it, fair enough. Do you feel the same?

I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt for now; if we end the window without the players we need I'll be complaining as loud as anyone. I just don't see the point doing it now.

so you'll complain when the thing you're sure is gonna happen doesn't happen?  is that what you're saying?

i hate to say it but NE5 is the ONLY person on this site with a balanced view of the new owners and that's a fact - they've shown and proven nothing at all -  to have faith we're going to end this window well is blind faith, and that's all there is to it

I'll complain when what needs doing is not done, not before. Is it so hard to comprehend?

To say NE5 has a balanced view on the new board is laughable. He's got a grudge against them, and won't let it lie until they've done things that are at least years away.

Of course they've proven nothing yet, what did you expect of them by now like?

dave man, surely you can see we all only disagree over time right?

i personally think stuff should have happened yesterday 'cause we need it to, like when we signed ferdinand or shearer 'cause WE wanted it to happen...

you apparently are happy for the clock to keep ticking regardless, fine

NE5 wants the clock to explode and poke mort in the eye when it does, even though he's a lawyer again

question then; when do YOU start getting concerned

We have already put in a bid for a player who would have broken our transfer record but no the board are stingy and aren't prepared to spend any money.

We have no idea what is going on in the background. The players we have been linked with the most have been playing an international tournament.

I will worry when there seems to be reason to worry but at the moment apart from media bullshit I don't see any major problems. Ok we missed out on a very talented young player but fact is we were in for him and its a promising sign of our intentions this window.

oh dear

I'm actually getting to the point where it's quite liberating for the club to be letting nothing slip to the tabloids.

Its a refreshing change for them to be keeping their business to themselves as the media get increasingly desperate for rag-selling tales. How many times has Lennon been linked now and it's STILL the best they can come up with. :lol:

Sure, I'd like them to make some moves soon and bring some players in before 7th July (when the players report back for training btw), but I remain reasonably confident we'll do what we need to. And the fact I probably won't have read about it beforehand only makes it more exciting.

dave, you strike me as a top dude but you're pushing this blind faith thing a bit far IMO

you might well end the summer looking like an utter t*** with NE5 smoking cheroots over your rotting corpse

{hope no one takes the corpse thing too seriously, if you do then ram it}

If I do then so be it, fair enough. Do you feel the same?

I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt for now; if we end the window without the players we need I'll be complaining as loud as anyone. I just don't see the point doing it now.

so you'll complain when the thing you're sure is gonna happen doesn't happen?  is that what you're saying?

i hate to say it but NE5 is the ONLY person on this site with a balanced view of the new owners and that's a fact - they've shown and proven nothing at all -  to have faith we're going to end this window well is blind faith, and that's all there is to it

I'll complain when what needs doing is not done, not before. Is it so hard to comprehend?

To say NE5 has a balanced view on the new board is laughable. He's got a grudge against them, and won't let it lie until they've done things that are at least years away.

Of course they've proven nothing yet, what did you expect of them by now like?

He probably thinks Ince has done a shite job at Blackburn & hasn't matched what Hughes achieved.

The reason we dont find out anything from Anal Oliver is he gets told fuck all at the club anymore as its pretty obvious his Mole or insider as he likes to call him was fat fred .

oh dear

Aye.

oh dear

Aye.

hm

I'll start getting concerned in about a month from now if nothing's happened.

Are you going to answer my question?

Guest Phil K
I can't deny I'd love to know who we're after and who we're going to get. I've been going mental on Newsnow the last week or so, but I think I'm just coming to accept the fact that when we sign someone it'll probably be a surprise.

Newsnow - yeah, me too (and my son on HIS comp)

As for not knowing until the inks still wet on the contract - correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt that how Joe Harvey did it all those years ago ?

I'll start getting concerned in about a month from now if nothing's happened.

Are you going to answer my question?

you've asked a couple, but i'll answer the what did you expect of them one...

i expected proactivity, expect proactivity still dave...said it a thouasand times but the buyer makes the deal happen and we've been evidence of that in the past

sitting around and pissing about makes nothing happen

KK and the scouting team had 5-6 months to identify targets and do the scouting, are the euros REALLY necessary in that case?  is a month holiday REALLY necessary?  you think yes i think no, not rocket science

How do you know what they are doing then?

lordy, again?  i don't and neither do you...might be something OR nothing

bin said but other teams seem to be able to make deals happen, do they not?  maybe not the majority of teams in the EPL but some of them and we are in need of something pretty fucking special dave...don't let the last 10 games of the season fool you, we are and continue to be shite

THAT realisation leads to impatience

You honestly believe they're doing NOTHING? Fucking hell. :lol:

Other confirmed transfers so far:

Arsenal Aaron Ramsey

Birmingham Lee Carsley

Bolton Fabrice Muamba

Chelsea Jose Bosingwa

Fulham Mark Schwarzer, David Stockdale, Zoltan Gera , Andranik Teymourian

Spuds Luka Modric, Giovani Dos Santos

WBA Luke Moore, Kim Do-Heon, Roman Bednar

Wow, we've really missed out there.

If you think we need a complete overhaul then your beef should be with Kevin Keegan, because he's said all along that he doesn't agree.

You honestly believe they're doing NOTHING? f***ing hell. :lol:

Arsenal Aaron Ramsey

Birmingham Lee Carsley

Bolton Fabrice Muamba

Chelsea Jose Bosingwa

If you think we need a complete overhaul then your beef should be with Kevin Keegan, because he's said all along that he doesn't agree.

NE5 levels of not reading replies now dave

doesn't matter two fucks what everyone else does or doesn't do, WE need a big summer and so far it's looking like we might not get it

lets see what the script is in august, i just don't know where you're getting your faith from

EDIT: last bit - when do people in football actually talk reality publicly?  when has a manager EVER said he needs to ship his whole squad 'cause they're shit?  jesus dave

You honestly believe they're doing NOTHING? Fucking hell. :lol:

Arsenal Aaron Ramsey

Birmingham Lee Carsley

Bolton Fabrice Muamba

Chelsea Jose Bosingwa

And really is a tit for thinking so; but i reckon he just doesn't want the club being raped getting rid of the crap.

We need the biggest overhaul the footballing world has ever seen, i'm sure deep down KK knows this, in fact i'm banking on it and i get very excited everytime one of our pieces of shit gets floated out of the club because that is the beginning of the overhaul.

Arsenal Aaron Ramsey

Birmingham Lee Carsley

Bolton Fabrice Muamba

Chelsea Jose Bosingwa

doesn't matter two fucks what everyone else does or doesn't do, WE need a big summer and so far it's looking like we might not get it

lets see what the script is in august, i just don't know where you're getting your faith from

EDIT: last bit - when do people in football actually talk reality publicly?  when has a manager EVER said he needs to ship his whole squad 'cause they're shit?  jesus dave

Its a combination of actually giving them a chance & basic common sense I believe.

Arsenal Aaron Ramsey

Birmingham Lee Carsley

Bolton Fabrice Muamba

Chelsea Jose Bosingwa

EDIT: last bit - when do people in football actually talk reality publicly?  when has a manager EVER said he needs to ship his whole squad 'cause they're s***?  jesus dave

Its a combination of actually giving them a chance & basic common sense I believe.

howay man don't be daft

it's because we actually only need 3-4 players, couldn't be anything else

Arsenal Aaron Ramsey

Birmingham Lee Carsley

Bolton Fabrice Muamba

Chelsea Jose Bosingwa

Spot on.

Worrying like a bunch of women about transfer gossip beats worrying about relegation.  I wouldn't say I'm enjoying it, but it doesn't bother me.  At least not yet.  Plenty of time and not much action from the rest of the league, except Spurs who are having a bit of a splurge this summer. 

I can't imagine Keegan can look at our midfield, 15-odd competent players and think we just need a little fine tuning, but he knows more than I do and if he can make Butt & Geremi role back the years, get top 6 performances out of Milner & Zoggy then fair enough.  His head is on the line and I'm prepared to be proven wrong.  I still think, however, that he knows we need 5-6 first teamers and that is what we will end up with.  Those will likely be the Ligue 1 bargains rather than Arshavin & Arda Turan, but I assume he and the rest of the scouts/DoF know something that YouTube, Wikipedia and the whiners on this board do not.