Chris Waddle

Tooj

I've just been having this discussion with someone else, there's all this talk right now Bentley going for the ridiculous amount of £15 million pound, and he couldn't lace someone like Chris Waddle's boots who was a genuine World Class winger, I wonder what Waddle's market value would be today when you see someone like Bentley being touted for a ridiculous amount.

Thought he'd died there.

Not sure how i feel.

???

Obviously not relieved. ;)

A bit, because i'd be torn whether or not his death belonged in General Chat or in here, and it would play on my mind a bit like it has now.

I've just been having this discussion with someone else, there's all this talk right now Bentley going for the ridiculous amount of £15 million pound, and he couldn't lace someone like Chris Waddle's boots who was a genuine World Class winger, I wonder what Waddle's market value would be today when you see someone like Bentley being touted for a ridiculous amount.

The mackem cunt couldn't even say pelanty never mind take a one.

I don't think Bentley is a RW, he can't consistently beat a defender, more of a RM with an ability to cross the ball.  SWP went to Chelsea for £21m and the Waddler was better than SWP.  One of my favourite players, along with Gazza and Ginola, always entertained.

He was outstanding when he left us and we were absolutely robbed blind with the £590,000 we received for him. He improved at Spurs but was genuinely world class at Marseille in the early 90's.

If Bentley is worth £15m, he's got to be worth at least double that IMHO.

Guest BigAl2

Waddle was a great player, Gascoigne is remembered for his performances in Italia 90 and rightly so but Waddle was equally as good but is remembered for the penalty miss and not his great displays.

Guest BigAl2

I can remember seeing Waddle against Exeter City in the FA cup yes the one we lost! my uncle was raving about him and how good he was well that particular night he was absolutely crap and if you had gone on that performance alone you would of labelled him a Sunday morning pub team player.

Waddle got better with age and was at his peak around 28 - 32 he was great for Marseille and when he played for Sheffield Wednesday he was out of this world at times, the game against West Ham springs to mind.

The mackem cunt couldn't even say pelanty never mind take a one.

:lol:

Guest gbolem

Got this irrational dislike of Waddle - maybe cos he's a horrible Mackem cunt, maybe because he has an utterly disgusting fake-posh Geordie/Mackem accent, or maybe because he spoilt the greatest console football game ever (World Cup '98) with his "E can be grayit on e's deya this fella" commentary.  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Guest Mucky01

Waddle wasn’t that good when he played for NUFC but was world class by the time he played for Marseille.

Guest Jawesome

Thought he'd died there.

Not sure how i feel.

???

You thought he'd paid the ultimate pelanty?  :boomboom:

;D ;D ;D

The U21 champs when he was commentating on Englands 'pelanty' shootout which ended like 12-11 or summit was fucking cringeworthy like.

He was outstanding when he left us and we were absolutely robbed blind with the £590,000 we received for him. He improved at Spurs but was genuinely world class at Marseille in the early 90's.

When Spurs sold him for £4.5m in 1989 it was Spurs' biggest profit on a transfer deal for a player who had been bought in.  It was only bettered when Carrick was sold to Man Utd.

Got this irrational dislike of Waddle - maybe cos he's a horrible Mackem c***, maybe because he has an utterly disgusting fake-posh Geordie/Mackem accent, or maybe because he spoilt the greatest console football game ever (World Cup '98) with his "E can be grayit on e's deya this fella" commentary.  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Funny that Waddle the "mackem" actually wanted to stay at Newcastle and moved very reluctantly to Spurs while those good "Geordie"  lads Beardsley and Gazza (great players none the less) couldn't wait to get away from Tyneside.

When Spurs sold him for £4.5m in 1989 it was Spurs' biggest profit on a transfer deal for a player who had been bought in.  It was only bettered when Carrick was sold to Man Utd.

What a truly useless piece of information. :lol:

Guest nameless

most famous pupil of my old school. leagues ahead of bentley, but as you say couldn't take or pronounce pelanties.

Heworth Grange? Legend had it that Mr Crass got him thrown off the school team.

He let his mam live in a little council bungalow while he was a world famous footballer. Despicable.