Oba And Out

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Guest shearer_united

I value Martins alot and to me is one of the few players that the club should do whatever it can to keep.

He can be very effective if put in a well-though-out formation.

All the time, if its a live interview, how does that work? are they waiting for him to ring, or is he sat waiting for them to ring him.

Pisses me off though, been no more mention of it now for about 20 mins.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fkn idiot interviewer tried his best to get him to say he would love to play for Arsenal, you could see Oba's hamster going like a rocket on its wheel before he answered :lol: he loves the club, loves the fans, has three years left on his contract, blah blah blah. when asked but what if Arsenal come in with a sold bid would he be interested, he just said that would be upto the club. :D

He aint going anywhere!!

Fkn idiot interviewer tried his best to get him to say he would love to play for Arsenal, you could see Oba's hamster going like a rocket on its wheel before he answered :lol: he loves the club, loves the fans, has three years left on his contract, blah blah blah. when asked but what if Arsenal come in with a sold bid would he be interested, he just said that would be upto the club. :D

He aint going anywhere!!

Yeah and then something like. "You obviously want to get into the champions league THIS SEASON right? I mean you played there with Inter, so you DEFINITELY DO, right? You think Newcastle can get into the champions league THIS SEASON don't you?"

Bit of an exaggeration, but what a biased question ffs, he can't exactly say no and saying yes makes him sound delusional...

Guest geordienorway

Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins has dismissed speculation linking him with a move to Arsenal.

The Nigerian has impressed in the Premier League since arriving at St James' Park from Inter Milan in 2006.

His performances have not gone unnoticed and there has been talk of him joining one of the Premier League's top four clubs this summer.

Martins has been touted as a possible replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor if the Togolese striker leaves the Emirates Stadium.

However, he is not paying attention to the speculation and insists he is ready to stay at Newcastle for the duration of his contract.

"It is good to know where I am going to be because I am still a Newcastle player and I really want to play for Newcastle," Martins told Sky Sports News.

Under contract

"I really love the fans as well and I have three years contract so for now I really don't know what is going on.

"There is talk about Arsenal, which is a good thing because they play in the UEFA Champions League, but for now I am a Newcastle player and I will stay here for three years.

"I am happy, very happy."

Asked if he would be interested in a move to Arsenal, Martins again underlined that he wanted to remain in the North East for as long as Newcastle were happy with him.

Martins was encouraged by the way Newcastle finished last season and believes they could challenge for a Uefa Cup spot this term.

He explained: "It is up to Newcastle. I still have three more years left and I really want to play for Newcastle. I want to my best to help them into Europe."