Oba And Out

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Guest Heneage

course bigger club simple as. but I think the fact papers assume with little or no evidence is what annoys.

Guest Jawesome

Would anyone on here honestly take £15m for him? I know I wouldn't

Well then you're stupid.

Its a difficult one, I don't think he is worth £15m but when you see some prices these days then I am not confident we could replace him with better for that.

If we got someone in better for that amount then maybe but its the same problem with selling any of our players, we don't have enough as it is so the last thing we need to do is replace the good/quality players we already have aswell.

Guest Jawesome

The bloke hasn't got a brain.  He's the stupidest player I've ever seen play for us.  Some of the things he does on the field make me fucking weep.

The bloke hasn't got a brain.  He's the stupidest player I've ever seen play for us.  Some of the things he does on the field make me fucking weep.

Have a word ffs.

For someone so stupid he hasn't done too badly. Suppose you would snap up someone like Baros to replace him though?

Guest Jawesome

For someone so stupid he hasn't done too badly. Suppose you would snap up someone like Baros to replace him though?

Nah, I'd sign someone who's half decent.  Hey, I'm not saying Oba's shite, just that he's annoying as fuck to watch.

Nah, I'd sign someone who's half decent.  Hey, I'm not saying Oba's shite, just that he's annoying as fuck to watch.

So was Robert at times but I would walk over broken glass to get someone of his quality back into midfield.

Frustrating as he is Martins has proven to be a good player in this league and is still young, nowadays that costs a lot of money.

Guest Jawesome

Who would you replace him with using the money we got? Genuine question.

Roque Santa Cruz.

I love how people seem to think that finding a better (and, crucially, more effective) player than Martins would be so easy. Even Ferguson and Wenger have spent massive money on strikers and ended up with a few duck eggs. Those two are no matches for the sages on here though.

The bloke hasn't got a brain.  He's the stupidest player I've ever seen play for us.  Some of the things he does on the field make me f***ing weep.

Roque Santa Cruz.

Could be a one season wonder after his average record previosuly. Has no pace and is just like Owen, don't need 2 of him. He's not getting any younger either.

Edit: Also, he had a bloody good midfield behind him and Bently to supply his ammo. He only ever really finished off easy chances a la Owen and can't change a game like Martins.

Roque Santa Cruz.

Because that'd be easy.

Although I think we should have spent the Martins money on a different type of striker at the time, now he is here, and others are here, he is a good player to have in the squad.

I'd imagine next season there is going to be a bit of a battle to get that regular berth next to Owen. Martins could lose out, and that could see him leaving in the long run.

Roque Santa Cruz.

You'd replace Martins with someone with limited pace?  He'd be a decent shout if we were losing Owen.

Guest midget

just OT a bit but i see his nigerian team mate joseph yobo has had his brother kidnapped. ransom demands being sent Evertons direction soon i suppose.

PORT HARCOURT, Nigeria —  Gunmen kidnapped the younger brother of Nigerian soccer star Joseph Yobo on Saturday, police said.

The unidentified men seized Norum Yobo at gunpoint before dawn as he was returning from a party, Rivers State police spokeswoman Rita Inoma-Abbey said. No group claimed has responsibility for the kidnapping and no ransom demand had been made, she said.

Joseph Yobo played for Everton soccer club in the British Premier League last season and is a regular fixture on Nigeria's national team, the Super Eagles.

Kidnappings are common in the West African country's oil-producing Niger river delta region where militants are agitating for more of the petroleum funds to be spent developing the impoverished region. Attacks on oil industry infrastructure in the past two years have slashed Nigeria's oil output by almost a quarter, helping push worldwide crude prices to historic highs.

Kidnappings have mostly ended peacefully after ransom payments, although deaths and injuries have occurred when security forces battle the kidnappers.

Nigeria is Africa's top oil producer and is routinely ranked as one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

Would anyone on here honestly take £15m for him? I know I wouldn't

Well then you're stupid.

;D

The bloke hasn't got a brain.  He's the stupidest player I've ever seen play for us.  Some of the things he does on the field make me f***ing weep.

so stupid he transformed our side from a bunch of aimless donkeys into a genuinely threatening team at the end of last season. So stupid that despite playing for and alongside talentless, gutless nobodies he's managed better than a goal every 3 games since coming to this country.

He's 23, you can't expect him to have the nous of Teddy Sheringham ffs. And to be honest he looks like einstein compared to some in our squad