Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

The only significant thing about the summer transfer window is when it closes.

Nothing else matters.

Exactly.

So why are you quoting the the July 1st crap then, I'm honestly confused ??

Nothing else matters.

Exactly.

I think all this arguing over nothing points with NE5 has finally fried his melon.

O0

The July 1st crap is more significant to those that panic far too early, were you a one of them?

Nothing else matters.

Exactly.

I think all this arguing over nothing points with NE5 has finally fried his melon.

O0

Now NE5 would say that, he's just like FS, even when he's not posting he's being blamed for everything :)

Is this a Keegan or a Jimenez/Vetere organised transfer?

It's got Jimenez/Vetere written all over it. Good knowledge of the Spanish League.

The fee will be about £5m, I read somewhere they were ready to settle for $10m dollars. Can't for the life of me remember where.

The July 1st crap is more significant to those that panic far too early, were you a one of them?

I'm sorry but I'm still at a loss to get your meaning. But to answer your question, I was and remain concerned, that concern will not be removed until we have a squad that can cope with a full season of PL football and perform to a level we should expect. We are a long way off being there and since you are keen on dates pre-season starts in 5 days !

Two footed, played a brilliant cross for Tevez with his left vs Australia. Can see why he can't get into Argentina team regularly though, what with him not being as good as Messi.

However, casual jogging style reminds me of Luque, and when he isn't involved in wing play, it looks like he prefers to hold quite a deep position, which means he isn't much of a goal threat compared to other wingers.

Seen him play a lot then?

I'm sorry but I'm still at a loss to get your meaning. But to answer your question, I was and remain concerned, that concern will not be removed until we have a squad that can cope with a full season of PL football and perform to a level we should expect. We are a long way off being there and since you are keen on dates pre-season starts in 5 days !

The season is 6 weeks away, what happens in 5 days makes no difference to a lot of players.  Some players have been playing internationals up until the last few days and will not be back in training.

Gutierrez won't be joining up with them for a few weeks anyway.

Very few of the international players will be joining up for training too early as they'll not have lost fitness levels yet, if anything they'll need a rest.

Somehow get the feeling if we paid $16m (thats supposed to be pounds, no pound sign) for this lad some people would be a little more excited.

Obviously I am cautious but I am also excited and am hopeful we will sign some very good players.

We still have a lot of time and there aren't many teams who will have their entire building done by now (if any). I also expect some will be dissapointed as its going to be very hard to fill all the gaps in this team over a summer.

Somehow get the feeling if we paid $16m (thats supposed to be pounds, no pound sign) for this lad some people would be a little more excited.

Obviously I am cautious but I am also excited and am hopeful we will sign some very good players.

We still have a lot of time and there aren't many teams who will have their entire building done by now (if any). I also expect some will be dissapointed as its going to be very hard to fill all the gaps in this team over a summer.

We should be stronger for this signing as we haven't lost any players who could be expected to play too many games.

There is a rule in the Webster Law that a player has to give notice of his intentions days after the last league fixture of the season. As such, this was a done deal for well over a month.

Nothing else matters.

Exactly.

If the only thing that's important about the window is when it closes, then why the hell have you been complaining all this time? Just wait until the transfer window actually closes, and then you can properly evaluate the board and KK on the players that they've signed and whether they've addressed our wants and needs. Complaining now is not only futile, but it's fucking painful to read because a little patience, much like many people suggested earlier, will be rewarded. The board and KK aren't stupid, so they know players must be signed and the team must be improved. This signing is a start, and I'm sure there'll be more to come. Just be patient and wait until it closes before claiming the end of the world is near.

If James is right and we have signed him for £1m, then it's f***ing awesome that we've added some pace to the team for such a small fee.

mackems.gif

Guest MaetihS

Is he any good? La liga fans, care to input?at least we sign someobe. we should have signed that dutch defender though...was quit shocked West Brom signe him.

Spanish league season finished May 18th.

Jonas then has days (not sure how many exactly, lets say one week) to hand in his notice. To do this, he needed to be pretty sure that he had a destination in mind.

During his notice period, you'd imagine that Mallorca may have tried to persuade him to stay, and that if he needed to speak with more than one club, he'd thrash out the best possible personal terms.

He then confirmed his departure yesterday, leading to Mallorca announcing the news and threatening to sue him.

Today he joined NUFC.

--------------------------------------------------

That is all quite protracted, and it is very very very impressive that we kept this so quiet, although perhaps we needed too.

If James is right and we have signed him for £1m, then it's f***ing awesome that we've added some pace to the team for such a small fee.

mackems.gif

Go away Elaine.