Mariano Andújar

Coxaux

Guest JamesD

I wasn't around during the first Keegan era, but it's great to see that he's not one for complacency within the squad. GK is arguably the teams strongest position, but it looks like he's being ruthless and upgrading whenever possible.

Guest Heneage

Is it yours?

Well its building from the back really, We've not got 5 Really good to decent keepers, breeds competition and a better players.

Guest Heneage

Another keeper? Hmmm I dunno I like Krul.

blatantly going out on loan

Aye but i'm wondering how its all gonna work, how old is this guy?

Harper planning to play outfield again?

Would make sense to get Krul, Soderberg and Foster out on loan. I doubt many people at the club expected Foster to do so well last season, or even still be around for the next.

Seems like an excessive move though and a slap in the face for Harper, maybe they dont trust Given is over his injuries?

Hardly an area of the squad that needs attention in comparison to the rest of the field.

He must have something about him given that he made a name at Palermo when they were lingering around the top of Serie A. Also helped Estudiantes maintain the best defensive record in what is, afaik, a pretty attacking Argentinian league. What's £1.5m in this market anyway?

Scouts are certainly getting about. Spain, France, Italy... then Bulgaria, Sweden, Hungary, Argentina, etc. Nice to see.

I can also see the logic in it aswell really; it's not that strange as first thought. Krul and Forster probably won't be around the club next season, either out on loan or just not being retained (is Forster actually up to it, anyone?). It's far too early for Soderberg aswell so i don't think we can count those three in any way shape or form tbh (ideally).

Keegan was probably getting tired of only having one senior keeper and Forster (frequently on the bench) to pick from, what with Given's respective injuries. Was looking a bit threadbare.

And like i say, what's £1.5m in today's market? Sounds a promising keeper too so he might actually be good, and not simply another number.

Think Yorkie has the logic, should this move actually be truthful.

Whilst Krul looked great in one match and has a year at Falkirk under his belt he is nowhere near the pressures of the newcastle first team and he is miles ahead of Foster and Soderberg in terms of development.

Will be interesting to see the landscape of the squad come september.

I scouted Andujar earlier this week on youtube.

Only one video he really appeared in with any significance, and seemed a bit butter fingered.

Only about 20 seconds worth though, so I can't really comment :lol:

When has that ever stopped you before? :lol:

Guest Guinness

If we do sign another keeper I think either one of Given or Harper are off. This guy seems to have a bit about him and I can't see him coming here to be 3rd choice.

If we do sign another keeper I think either one of Given or Harper are off. This guy seems to have a bit about him and I can't see him coming here to be 3rd choice.

This.

Ah! Forgot Harpers contract was almost up. He might well be the one leaving then.

Andujar is a younger keeper with more experience who could take over from Given either this season or the next as Given is getting up there in age and his injuries are piling up.

Krul and the others won't quite be ready for a little while as they are all quite inexperienced.

• 9 months later...

I can't see that our past transfer targets will carry through now the club have basically admitted they're going back to the traditional setup. Still, he might be recommended to Shearer/the manager.