Another transfer done and dusted in a few hours...

Dave

...with virtually no hint of it in the press beforehand. In fact if the Echo had not broken the story I don't think either club would have confirmed it, meaning it would have been completed and announced completely out of the blue like Jonas. Alright, we had a rumour from .com but that was about it IIRC.

Whilst some prefer to go on the newspaper gossip, and some think we're not doing much behind the scenes, I like it this way. O0

Aside of the fact that it simply isn't true that we have never done it this way before, its still the quality that counts.

from someone who sits and watches this forum from afar

Ashley regime > Shepherd fuck face

eh ?

Can we avoid turning this thread into yet another argument about the board please?

It certainly wasn't my intention, and it's just the usual suspect looking for a bite.

TBF I don't know what you expected, I'm no Shepherd apologist, far from it, but the whole thrust of your post comes over as you telling us how much better the new board do business than the old board did.  I ask again, what the hell did you expect ?

the insinuation is that we haven't, not just by you. Correct or not ?

No, you're just obsessing as usual. Ridiculously defensive.

no I'm not.

Look at the quotes "more professional". More professional than what ?

Its not me thats obsessed man, I'm not making anything up !!!!!

I only hope its a quality player, thats all.

Tbf you quoted Dave's initial post as you set off on your rant.

the insinuation is that we haven't, not just by you. Correct or not ?

No, you're just obsessing as usual. Ridiculously defensive.

no I'm not.

Look at the quotes "more professional". More professional than what ?

Its not me thats obsessed man, I'm not making anything up !!!!!

I only hope its a quality player, thats all.

Yes, that's you obsessing. :thup:

Straight on the defensive at the mere suggestion that someone is referring to the old board. :rolleyes:

Let's leave it here, eh?

The purpose of this thread was to drive home the fact that the media don't know anywhere near as much about who we're getting as they pretend to. Nothing else.

...with virtually no hint of it in the press beforehand. In fact if the Echo had not broken the story I don't think either club would have confirmed it, meaning it would have been completed and announced completely out of the blue like Jonas. Alright, we had a rumour from .com but that was about it IIRC.

Whilst some prefer to go on the newspaper gossip, and some think we're not doing much behind the scenes, I like it this way. O0

Aside of the fact that it simply isn't true that we have never done it this way before, its still the quality that counts.

Ashley regime > Shepherd f*** face

eh ?

I assure you elliotman you are not watching this forum perched on my head ;)

Can we avoid turning this thread into yet another argument about the board please?

It certainly wasn't my intention, and it's just the usual suspect looking for a bite.

TBF I don't know what you expected, I'm no Shepherd apologist, far from it, but the whole thrust of your post comes over as you telling us how much better the new board do business than the old board did.  I ask again, what the hell did you expect ?

See above. I was referring to the hundreds of mongs who proclaim the tabloids as the fountain of all transfer knowledge. I thought it was pretty obvious, tbh.

Ashley regime > Shepherd f*** face

eh ?

I assure you elliotman you are not watching this forum perched on my head ;)

ha ha, basically i meant, someone who doesnt get involved in arguments...

(i didnt realise there was someone called afar!")

See above. I was referring to the hundreds of mongs who proclaim the tabloids as the fountain of all transfer knowledge. I thought it was pretty obvious, tbh.

As a follow up to this then

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=53748.0

what he says is right though, obviously you disagree so its wrong. You didn't respond to my question, but you've clarified that it doesn't really matter so long as its a good player. OK.

I hope so too. It would be pretty worrying if the reason its not in the papers is because nobody has heard of these guys ? Now if the club can sign someone like Bentley or Arshavin without the press getting wind of it, I'll take my hat off to them.

Then you obviously thought wrong. You know very well how NE5 and UV and alike will respond to something like that. If you don't like how things will invariably turn out then don't feed the fish.

Then you obviously thought wrong. You know very well how NE5 and UV and alike will respond to something like that. If you don't like how things will invariably turn out then don't feed the fish.

Right, next time I will spell out exactly what I mean in big letters to avoid any confusion.

Considering I've now started recent three threads along these lines I assumed people would know what I was on about. Guess not.

I am not sure anyone proclaims that, people just have a chat about whats in the papers.

Seriously now. While its nice to keep things quiet, where possible, due to the knock on and obvious repercussions if things do leak, sometimes its just impossible.

I also think that NUFC fans, and the city of Newcastle, feeds on publicity. One of the virtues of being a football mad city is that people want to read about the club, and people want to read about what is happening at the club, and as such buy the paper to read about the club. Just because Oliver is an arse doesn't mean we should dismiss everything about press reports !!!!!

Swings and roundabouts.

Right, next time I will spell out exactly what I mean in big letters to avoid any confusion.

Considering I've now started recent three threads along these lines I assumed people would know what I was on about. Guess not.

Thread duplication tbh. :razz:

I am not sure anyone proclaims that, people just have a chat about whats in the papers.

..and whinge that we're not doing anything behind the scenes. You can't tell me you've not noticed* the thousands of posts since the end of the season about how we're not going to sign anyone good, and that we're too slow? That's because there's not much concrete in the papers. The two signings so far pretty much prove they've not got a clue about what we're planning.

*You've not been back long, might let you off. ;D

I don't what to upset you any further but you have made a number pro Ashley type posts recently. You are kind of the pied piper for the 'Ashleyites', while NE5 at the other end of the scale. So you two are gonna clash from time to time and surely you can see from his point of view this was a provoking thread.

Anyway it's all good fun, nice lively debate, no offence intended.

I don't what to upset you any further but you have made a number pro Ashley type posts recently. You are kind of the pied piper for the 'Ashleyites', while NE5 at the other end of the scale. So you two are gonna clash from time to time and surely you can see from his point of view this was a provoking thread.

:lol:

Utter bullshit, but never mind. :laugh:

Guest robertbobo

Just cannot wait for the new season.

King Kev has authorised / approved two signings so far.

That is enough to have me full of expectation.

Young, eager, talented.

Put the pride and passion back in the black and white jersey.

If we go down fighting that is enough for me.

Far far better than being level with ten minutes to go, Emre is subbed and just strolls off.

Couldn't give a shit attitude.

Come on Toon, King Kev, love ya.

:lol:

Utter bullshit, but never mind. :laugh:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks ;)