Nigel De Jong

Nicky

I don't know if we are really going for him, but his response is in no way negative. He's saying exactly what he should as nothing has gone through yet and so he is focused on his Hamburg career.

Guest kingdawson

Martin Jol was desperate to sign De Jong for us when he was at Ajax. Fee was agreed but De Jong chose Hamburg. Doubt Jol would be willing to let him leave for as little as £3 million.

Martin Jol was desperate to sign De Jong for us when he was at Ajax. Fee was agreed but De Jong chose Hamburg. Doubt Jol would be willing to let him leave for as little as £3 million.

Interesting.

Could we have a link for this Jol interest? Don't remember it at all.

:weep:

??? Why?

Cos i got told off.  :whatdidido:

I didn't mean to scold you. :blush:

I was trying (failing though, clearly) to get you to "accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative".  :snod:

??? Why?

I was trying (failing though, clearly) to get you to "accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative".  :snod:

You have to remember that Yorkie's a bit of a 'Mister In-Between' though, so don't mess with him.

I think his interview is more about that he is just thinking about playing for Hamberg and thats what his club would want him to be saying, its the kind of interview all clubs would want to see their players doing when linked with moves to other clubs.

I still say try to agree a fee and see if we can lure him here..

I think his interview is more about that he is just thinking about playing for Hamberg and thats what his club would want him to be saying, its the kind of interview all clubs would want to see their players doing when linked with moves to other clubs.

Its funny that some people on here see an interview like that where he says "its up to the club" and thinks he's stuck on to sign for us but when Oba does nearly an identical interview and its like "he's going no where!"

??? Why?

You have to remember that Yorkie's a bit of a 'Mister In-Between' though, so don't mess with him.

:lol: Class. Sorry I missed this earlier!

Guest elbee909

He's just an older or younger version of some other player that's more expensive or cheaper.  Typical of this board to be aiming this low, or high.

He's just an older or younger version of some other player that's more expensive or cheaper.  Typical of this board to be aiming this low, or high.

Could be worse. Then again, could be better.

Guest elbee909

Could be worse. Then again, could be better.

Or both.

Or all three.

Dutch midfielder Nigel De Jong has rejected talk linking him with a move to Newcastle, saying he is focusing on the new season at Hamburg.

Wednesday's Sun reported the Magpies were lining up a move for the 23-year-old after being impressed by his performances during Euro 2008.

"I am in HSV now and I am concentrating on the new season," De Jong told Spox. "Everything else, whether there are other offers, does not interest me.

"Sure, if you have a good European Championship then it's easy to get one or the other offer but, for me, this is not so important.

"I am just focused on HSV."

Its funny that some people on here see an interview like that where he says "its up to the club" and thinks he's stuck on to sign for us but when Oba does nearly an identical interview and its like "he's going no where!"

It was the Oba interview that made me think that, sure Oba would go to the Gooners if they made an offer and we chose to acept it but he aint gonna go on TV andd say he wants to leave, Barry did not do that to Villa until Liverpool had made an offer.

If we do make an offer that gets accepted for Nigel De Jong then I am sure he would talk to us.

• 2 weeks later...

Nee progress on this like? He wouldn't be a bad choice for DM. Naturally Alan's headline would be along the lines of making plans for Nigel.....

Progress on something that was in all likelihood completely fabricated is doubtful.