Nigel De Jong

Nicky

Guest neesy111

Why is Keegan signing my FM team?

How are you doing on FM with the team that he's copying? :lol:

And will Keegan do the old CTRL+ALT+DEL while losing mid-match and restart from his previous save position?

if he was a Time Lord he could

Why is Keegan signing my FM team?

How are you doing on FM with the team that he's copying? :lol:

And will Keegan do the old CTRL+ALT+DEL while losing mid-match and restart from his previous save position?

I fucking do.  Seems the game wants to be too random at times or figures you need a humbling once in a while so Wrexham score 5 against you in the first 20 minutes and injure both of your strikers.  Fuck that. 

:blush: ahem

Hope we sign de jong like. 

No news here at the moment. My main worry is that the fee looks small.

Aye he must be crap if he's only 3m.

Nah just kidding, does look a bit low for him,  I'd be thinking 7-10 in all honesty.

Agree it has to be at least over £5m imo.

Nah just kidding, does look a bit low for him,  I'd be thinking 7-10 in all honesty.

How many years left on his contract?

Guest Stephen927

He's been at HSV since January 2006, so if you assume the average contract is 3 years, his will be due to run out next summer.

Could be on a 4 year deal due to his age though and potential.

Agreed. Even if they only want £3m, I think we should be offering at least £5m.

Guest shearer_206

Agreed. Even if they only want £3m, I think we should be offering at least £5m.

Shepherd's back in the hotseat is he  :angry:

I like how the story says the selling club are 'keen' to do a deal. At the £3m they reckon, Hamburg must be pretty hard up.

Especially as their director of football stated directly after the Euros that they are desperate to offer him a new deal even though he his still tied to them until 2010...

I like how the story says the selling club are 'keen' to do a deal. At the £3m they reckon, Hamburg must be pretty hard up.

Especially as their director of football stated directly after the Euros that they are desperate to offer him a new deal even though he his still tied to them until 2010...

Interesting. Maybe they haven't been able to come to an agreement then?

Still with two years left it would still be more than £3 million you would imagine. Unless we are throwing in Duff. Joll likes Duff right?

However, Big Martin Jol might just want to do his old assistant Houghton a favour too by helping the Toon!

It was rather a statement of intention to start talks. I don't think this has happened with the player just having come back from his extended holidays.

Sorry, but I reckon the S*n story is just pure rubbish.

It was rather a statement of intention to start talks. I don't think this has happened with the player just having come back from his extended holidays.

Sorry, but I reckon the S*n story is just pure rubbish.

Oh I see. Oh well ... would be nice but we'll see how it goes I guess.

HSV are in Europe?

If they are I can't see him leaving them for us.

They might be in Europe, but we are a decent club in the premier league man!

What you might not notice if you don't live in Germany is that Bundesliga is huge there. They have same coverage as the Premier League in England if not even more, and the average attendance is a bit above the one in Premier League and has been for a couple of years. There is a reason why you don't see that many transfers from Bundesliga to for example Premier League and that top players there say they only want to move abroad for Champions League football.

So I guess players who lives and plays in Germany doesn't see Premier League (except for the top 4 teams) as any greater then Bundesliga.

Guest elbee909

HSV are in Europe?

If they are I can't see him leaving them for us.

They might be in Europe, but we are a decent club in the premier league man!

What you might not notice if you don't live in Germany is that Bundesliga is huge there. They have same coverage as the Premier League in England if not even more, and the average attendance is a bit above the one in Premier League and has been for a couple of years. There is a reason why you don't see that many transfers from Bundesliga to for example Premier League and that top players there say they only want to move abroad for Champions League football.

So I guess players who lives and plays in Germany doesn't see Premier League (except for the top 4 teams) as any greater then Bundesliga.

Ticket prices in the Bundesliga are a fraction of what they are in the Premier League - hence attendances remaining relatively high.

Guest loonietoonie

De Jong ignores Toon talk

Nigel De Jong claims he is only focusing on Hamburg after being linked with a move to Newcastle United in the English press.

The Sun claimed Kevin Keegan is already in talks for the Holland international but the midfielder is only looking forward to working under Martin Jol next term.

"I am in HSV now and I am concentrating on the new season," he told Spox. "Everything else, whether there are other offers, does not interest me.

"Sure, if you have a good European Championship then it's easy to get one or the other offer but, for me, this is not so important.

"I am just focused on HSV."

The 23-year-old joined Hamburg from Ajax in 1996 and is a versatile performer who would be well suited to The Premier League.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/16/Bundesliga-De-Jong-on-Newcastle/

Guest elbee909

De Jong ignores Toon talk

Nigel De Jong claims he is only focusing on Hamburg after being linked with a move to Newcastle United in the English press.

The Sun claimed Kevin Keegan is already in talks for the Holland international but the midfielder is only looking forward to working under Martin Jol next term.

"I am in HSV now and I am concentrating on the new season," he told Spox. "Everything else, whether there are other offers, does not interest me.

"Sure, if you have a good European Championship then it's easy to get one or the other offer but, for me, this is not so important.

"I am just focused on HSV."

The 23-year-old joined Hamburg from Ajax in 1996 and is a versatile performer who would be well suited to The Premier League.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/16/Bundesliga-De-Jong-on-Newcastle/

Joined Hamburg from Ajax in 1996?  When he was eleven years old?  Shite, they move early these days.

Ah well.

"Ah well" nothing, man. It's still possible. So what if HSV are in European competition. That's not the be-all and end-all of things for footballers. They're no different to anybody else, and you could be working for a "top company" in whatever your chosen field of work may be, and be thoroughly bored/miserable/wanting away. Even if signing for NUFC does seem a "sideways move" for some players - one which we may struggle to comprehend - it still remains possible. So away with all this self-deprecating talk about how NUFC can't attract the top players. Anything's possible.