Long Term Strategy

Guest neesy111

It's pretty simple.

In short, NE5 portrayed himself as a 'paying customer'. However, I beg to differ. He should be a 'voluntarily willed supporter' instead. No one force or coerce him to support Newcastle United or pay for Newcastle United merchandise or tickets. It is all based on his own free will.

Even if he is indeed a paying customer, legally, the law of contract (offer, acceptance, consideration) states that NE5's money has bought him either the merchandise, or the opportunity to watch a match. From that, again legally, the contract is already considered legally fulfilled. Newcastle United does not own NE5 any other obligation and NE5 either got an opportunity to watch a match or obtain his rightful share of merchandise.

Again, it is all up to NE5's own free will. Nobody can force him or coerce him if he did not want to do so.

Like I aforementioned, NE5 did mention that winning trophies is the way to separate victors from losers, effective management from non-effective management. That is indeed a realistic and pragmatic point of view. However, by the same realistic and pragmatic point of view, football is now a business today. It is very much the truth regardless how much people are being deluded or continue to live in their fantasize world.

NE5's contribution over the years, dare I put forth to NE5 bluntly, is insignificant compared to the wages and transfer fees of the players. Again, Newcastle United, realistically and legally speaking, has no obligations towards NE5 at all. Also, NE5 is not the one paying for the exorbitant wages and transfer fees of the players. NE5 of course may argue that collectively, the supporters are paying for the exorbitant wages and transfer fees, however, it can be argued in two ways:

( 1 ) Is NE5's intention common with the rest of the supporters?

( 2 ) Legally, there is no legally binding contract that Newcastle United must obtain trophies. Also, NE5's contract has been legally fulfilled when NE5 paid for the merchandise/season ticket and in return he obtained the merchandise and season ticket. The same goes for the other supporters.

Well, of course, I do understand that NE5 and his supporters will say that Newcastle United owns them a moral obligation and also, it is the responsibility of a football club to repay the faithful fans' faith over the years. However it is merely a moral obligation that one can put it, is not legally binding in today's world. Perhaps, there may be repercussions, perhaps there may not be.

What I offer is another perspective. It may be sad. However, it is the world we live in today, a capitalist market. Additionally, the law is definitely not about morality.

This post, and the anticipated reply from NE5, reminded me very much of a section of a film, in which Ericz plays the part of Ray Stantz, NE5 is Gozer, and lets say, Dave is Venkman.

STANTZ

Gozer the Gozerian? Good evening.

As a duly-constituted representative of the

City of New York, and on behalf of the

County and State of New York, the United

States of America, the Planet Earth and all

its inhabitants, I hereby order you to cease

and desist any and all supernatural activity

and return at once to your place of origin

or next parallel dimension.

VENKMAN

Well, that ought to do it, thankyou ray.

GOZER

Are you a god?

STANTZ

No.

GOZER

Then, die!

It's pretty simple.

In short, NE5 portrayed himself as a 'paying customer'. However, I beg to differ. He should be a 'voluntarily willed supporter' instead. No one force or coerce him to support Newcastle United or pay for Newcastle United merchandise or tickets. It is all based on his own free will.

Even if he is indeed a paying customer, legally, the law of contract (offer, acceptance, consideration) states that NE5's money has bought him either the merchandise, or the opportunity to watch a match. From that, again legally, the contract is already considered legally fulfilled. Newcastle United does not own NE5 any other obligation and NE5 either got an opportunity to watch a match or obtain his rightful share of merchandise.

Again, it is all up to NE5's own free will. Nobody can force him or coerce him if he did not want to do so.

Like I aforementioned, NE5 did mention that winning trophies is the way to separate victors from losers, effective management from non-effective management. That is indeed a realistic and pragmatic point of view. However, by the same realistic and pragmatic point of view, football is now a business today. It is very much the truth regardless how much people are being deluded or continue to live in their fantasize world.

NE5's contribution over the years, dare I put forth to NE5 bluntly, is insignificant compared to the wages and transfer fees of the players. Again, Newcastle United, realistically and legally speaking, has no obligations towards NE5 at all. Also, NE5 is not the one paying for the exorbitant wages and transfer fees of the players. NE5 of course may argue that collectively, the supporters are paying for the exorbitant wages and transfer fees, however, it can be argued in two ways:

( 2 ) Legally, there is no legally binding contract that Newcastle United must obtain trophies. Also, NE5's contract has been legally fulfilled when NE5 paid for the merchandise/season ticket and in return he obtained the merchandise and season ticket. The same goes for the other supporters.

Well, of course, I do understand that NE5 and his supporters will say that Newcastle United owns them a moral obligation and also, it is the responsibility of a football club to repay the faithful fans' faith over the years. However it is merely a moral obligation that one can put it, is not legally binding in today's world. Perhaps, there may be repercussions, perhaps there may not be.

What I offer is another perspective. It may be sad. However, it is the world we live in today, a capitalist market. Additionally, the law is definitely not about morality.

:lol: classic.

It's pretty simple.

This post, and the anticipated reply from NE5, reminded me very much of a section of a film, in which Ericz plays the part of Ray Stantz, NE5 is Gozer, and lets say, Dave is Venkman.

STANTZ

Gozer the Gozerian? Good evening.

As a duly-constituted representative of the

City of New York, and on behalf of the

County and State of New York, the United

States of America, the Planet Earth and all

its inhabitants, I hereby order you to cease

and desist any and all supernatural activity

and return at once to your place of origin

or next parallel dimension.

VENKMAN

Well, that ought to do it, thankyou ray.

GOZER

Are you a god?

STANTZ

No.

GOZER

Then, die!

what's my anticipated response then  ;D

It's pretty simple.

where do you want me to start  :cheesy:

Toon can’t sign top stars on the cheap

Jul 20 2008 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

THE week started with circumstantial evidence that Newcastle United were wriggling free of Mike Ashley’s big pinch.

United, we were told, were seriously interested in Lens striker Kevin Monnet- Paquet. No matter what his wage demands, apparently.

But then what’s in a name?

For a few days later came depressingly persuasive proof that the Magpies’ bean-counting billionaire has a tight hold on the purse strings at St James’s Park.

Newcastle’s pursuit of Pablo Aimar should have been one in the eye for the doubters of the Ashley regime.

Here, surely, was proof that Kevin Keegan — not messrs Wise or Vetere — has the casting vote on transfer matters.

After all, if Aimar — a high-profile flair player fallen on slightly harder times (David Ginola, anyone?) — wasn’t a Keegan would-be signing, my nickname at school wasn’t Herman Munster.

Sadly, having lost his man in what appears to have been a wage battle with the fourth-best team in Portugal, KK’s input on transfers is a moot debate.

The question now is not whether Keegan is picking Newcastle’s targets, but whether he is being given the tools to go get them.

Word that Aimar was unhappy with the personal terms on offer from United does not sit comfortably with the news that he signed a deal worth just £18,000-a-week at Benfica.

A similar story emerged from those close to Newcastle’s wage negotiations with Luka Modric in April.

Don’t get me wrong, nobody should mourn the days when the Magpies paid nonsensical sums to complete non-entities.

But there’s a balance to be struck between insane indulgence and bottom- dollar bartering.

And trying to land “seen it, done it” merchants like Aimar on the cheap ain’t good business, it’s a false economy.

Especially when your competitors are dispatching Rui Costa on a private jet to woo him.

It’s strange too, given that Alan Smith was signed by Ashley and Co on far, far more than 18k a week; and that Charles N’Zogbia was awarded a contract early last season worth at least twice as much.

Playing hardball will have served Ashley, pictured left, well in other walks of life. But in an industry where some are prepared to pay over the odds, it pays to at least offer the going rate.

Anyone with any affection for Keegan must hope that Ashley’s policy, which appears to have made a dog’s dinner of the Aimar pursuit, proves to be a moveable feast.

For while the shortage of comment from the club invites speculation, it is indisputable that Newcastle need to add significant weight to a squad looking dangerously light.

Says who? Says Keegan himself, never mind knowing veterans like Shay Given and Steve Harper.

And they won’t do it on the cheap.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/columnists/neil-farrington/2008/07/20/toon-can-t-sign-top-stars-on-the-cheap-79310-21370957/

Just say all the stuff you usually say.

still yapping around Ozzie lad

By the way, you still didn't answer the question about whether you imagined Shepherd was likely to get us back into the Champions League.

A simple yes or no would do the trick.

Toon can’t sign top stars on the cheap

Jul 20 2008 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

THE week started with circumstantial evidence that Newcastle United were wriggling free of Mike Ashley’s big pinch.

United, we were told, were seriously interested in Lens striker Kevin Monnet- Paquet. No matter what his wage demands, apparently.

But then what’s in a name?

For a few days later came depressingly persuasive proof that the Magpies’ bean-counting billionaire has a tight hold on the purse strings at St James’s Park.

Newcastle’s pursuit of Pablo Aimar should have been one in the eye for the doubters of the Ashley regime.

Here, surely, was proof that Kevin Keegan — not messrs Wise or Vetere — has the casting vote on transfer matters.

After all, if Aimar — a high-profile flair player fallen on slightly harder times (David Ginola, anyone?) — wasn’t a Keegan would-be signing, my nickname at school wasn’t Herman Munster.

Sadly, having lost his man in what appears to have been a wage battle with the fourth-best team in Portugal, KK’s input on transfers is a moot debate.

The question now is not whether Keegan is picking Newcastle’s targets, but whether he is being given the tools to go get them.

Word that Aimar was unhappy with the personal terms on offer from United does not sit comfortably with the news that he signed a deal worth just £18,000-a-week at Benfica.

A similar story emerged from those close to Newcastle’s wage negotiations with Luka Modric in April.

Don’t get me wrong, nobody should mourn the days when the Magpies paid nonsensical sums to complete non-entities.

But there’s a balance to be struck between insane indulgence and bottom- dollar bartering.

And trying to land “seen it, done it” merchants like Aimar on the cheap ain’t good business, it’s a false economy.

Especially when your competitors are dispatching Rui Costa on a private jet to woo him.

It’s strange too, given that Alan Smith was signed by Ashley and Co on far, far more than 18k a week; and that Charles N’Zogbia was awarded a contract early last season worth at least twice as much.

Playing hardball will have served Ashley, pictured left, well in other walks of life. But in an industry where some are prepared to pay over the odds, it pays to at least offer the going rate.

Anyone with any affection for Keegan must hope that Ashley’s policy, which appears to have made a dog’s dinner of the Aimar pursuit, proves to be a moveable feast.

For while the shortage of comment from the club invites speculation, it is indisputable that Newcastle need to add significant weight to a squad looking dangerously light.

Says who? Says Keegan himself, never mind knowing veterans like Shay Given and Steve Harper.

And they won’t do it on the cheap.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/columnists/neil-farrington/2008/07/20/toon-can-t-sign-top-stars-on-the-cheap-79310-21370957/

About sums it up really.