Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Guest neesy111

Heard a little bit of info that we've offered him absolutely stupid wages, which kinda goes against what people are claiming re cutting costs.

well, it depends for what players you want

coloccini is top CB and would instantly be our first choice defender, but offering stupid wages for squad players, thats something different

Well let's just say it's more than what we're "reportedly" offering Owen.

well that is stupid, but as you say is alledegly, i heard he was on £25k a week a depo, we will double his wages £50k.  Thats still less than viduka, own, martins, duff, barton, smith.

"reportedly" is in quotes, because that amount is bollocks too. ;)

Your quacking up if you believe he will be on more than Owen

for ducks sake

It's still not funny by the way.

Read what I'm saying. He's NOT being offered more than Owen. He's being offered more than people are CLAIMING Owen is being offered.

Heard a little bit of info that we've offered him absolutely stupid wages, which kinda goes against what people are claiming re cutting costs.

well, it depends for what players you want

coloccini is top CB and would instantly be our first choice defender, but offering stupid wages for squad players, thats something different

Well let's just say it's more than what we're "reportedly" offering Owen.

well that is stupid, but as you say is alledegly, i heard he was on £25k a week a depo, we will double his wages £50k.  Thats still less than viduka, own, martins, duff, barton, smith.

apart from riise ;D i have absolutly no idea what footballers earn....i wonder how you lot get to find these things out ?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Coloccini desperate for Magpies move

by Laurent Picard, 29 July 2008 setanta

Fabricio Coloccini’s agent has urged Deportivo La Coruna to accept a £12 million bid from Newcastle, as he does not want his client to miss ‘the contract of his life’.

Marcelo Lombilla, who represents the Argentinian defender, has slammed his Spanish employers for having snubbed a big-money offer from Kevin Keegan’s Magpies.

The agent has even warned Depor he could use the Webster Clause in order to force them to liberate the centre back from his engagement.

“It’s about a €15 million deal. €12m for Deportivo and the rest are education expenses, commissions and other things for them,” Lombilla told Marca.

“I don’t want to do it,” he added about the Webster Clause, “but I have the right to. I represent footballers, not presidents neither clubs.

“At the end of a player’s career, the only thing that counts is their checking account, they don’t feed themselves with cups neither with medals, and I fear he could miss the contract of his life.

“The money that could make Coloccini leave the club is being dictated by Fifa, but it would be approximately what is remaining on his contract.

“No doubt the economic prejudice would be massive.

“He (Coloccini) just wants to say he’s no traitor and doesn’t want to be. We don’t want to do this, but when they bring you to the edge of the precipice, it’s better to find a solution before you fall over.

“I don’t know if this will happen on August 31st (the last day of the transfer market), I don’t know.”

Lombilla does not hide that financial reasons are fuelling his player’s intention to move to St James’ Park and wants Depor to offer a new deal.

“The pay rise is very important for Fabricio,” he added. “Here (in Spain) you have a better life, but a player’s career is very short and if you turn down €12 million it’s because the club are in a very good financial situation.

“As a consequence I hope they will have the sense to call us to sign a new deal and to offer Fabricio what he has lost, it would be right.”

Lombilla understands Depor coach Miguel Angel Lotina would not be happy to see a key player embark on a new challenge, but his client’s interests come first.

“I understand Lotina, it’s a problem for him, but it’s as well for Fabricio because he loses the contract of his life. I hope everything will be sorted.”

Guest neesy111

Sounds like the deal is pretty close. Deportivo are probably stalling in the hope some other team comes in like Spurs (as usual). If Coloccini is sold on the idea of coming here now - and he might well be with Spidey recently signing - this should go through IMO.

i like your confidence, i'm still waiting for official confirmation, but i'm glad he wants to join.

Top Defender, be the best we've had since woodgate by a mile

Guest neesy111

Fabricio Coloccini’s agent has urged Deportivo La Coruna to accept a £12 million bid from Newcastle, as he does not want his client to miss ‘the contract of his life’.

Marcelo Lombilla, who represents the Argentinian defender, has slammed his Spanish employers for having snubbed a big-money offer from Kevin Keegan’s Magpies.

The agent has even warned Depor he could use the Webster Clause in order to force them to liberate the centre back from his engagement.

“It’s about a €15 million deal. €12m for Deportivo and the rest are education expenses, commissions and other things for them,” Lombilla told Marca.

“I don’t want to do it,” he added about the Webster Clause, “but I have the right to. I represent footballers, not presidents neither clubs.

“At the end of a player’s career, the only thing that counts is their checking account, they don’t feed themselves with cups neither with medals, and I fear he could miss the contract of his life.

“The money that could make Coloccini leave the club is being dictated by Fifa, but it would be approximately what is remaining on his contract.

“He (Coloccini) just wants to say he’s no traitor and doesn’t want to be. We don’t want to do this, but when they bring you to the edge of the precipice, it’s better to find a solution before you fall over.

“I don’t know if this will happen on August 31st (the last day of the transfer market), I don’t know.”

Lombilla does not hide that financial reasons are fuelling his player’s intention to move to St James’ Park and wants Depor to offer a new deal.

“The pay rise is very important for Fabricio,” he added. “Here (in Spain) you have a better life, but a player’s career is very short and if you turn down €12 million it’s because the club are in a very good financial situation.

“As a consequence I hope they will have the sense to call us to sign a new deal and to offer Fabricio what he has lost, it would be right.”

Lombilla understands Depor coach Miguel Angel Lotina would not be happy to see a key player embark on a new challenge, but his client’s interests come first.

“I understand Lotina, it’s a problem for him, but it’s as well for Fabricio because he loses the contract of his life. I hope everything will be sorted.”

depo, must not be paying him as much as we think?

that'll open up the "just coming for the money" frenzy

Guest sicko2ndbest

I dont like the last bit, about offering him a new contract!

The date august 31st is no good for us.

I think we will move on if it isnt sorted by Friday

Guest neesy111

Yeah I'm not impressed by the last paragraph about getting him a new contract if he can't move. I can see this dragging on like.

depo are not in a good financial position though, thats why they want to sell their biggest asset.  But they are holding us to ransom, it's whoever budges first on the deal, then it will be a formality.

Guest Mucky01

how many times will he be buggering off to South America for the World Cup qualifiers, Copa America and friendlies?

sounds to me like there no real intent to move,  just sabre ratling by agent to get financial package inspain.

Looks very bogus imo

Guest sicko2ndbest

how many times will he be buggering off to South America for the World Cup qualifiers, Copa America and friendlies?

Good point, however all the top clubs have the same problem, just that they have better replacements

Good point, however all the top clubs have the same problem, just that they have better replacements

very true they actually have replacements and the squad's not as threadbare so ours is at the min

Guest sicko2ndbest

Lendoiro tensa la cuerda

El presidente blanquiazul le pide al Newcastle 15 millones por Coloccini, tres más de lo ofrecido. "Sigue tirando de la cuerda, y ya no da para más", afirma el agente del central.

Marcelo Lombilla, agente de Coloccini, en el aeropuerto de Alvedro antes de viajar a Madrid.  víctor echave

MERCEDES CERNADAS. A CORUÑA. El representante de Fabricio Coloccini, Marcelo Lombilla, abandonó A Coruña en el mediodía de ayer dando por "terminadas, por lo menos en este instante de la negociación" las conversaciones con Lendoiro para que el central fiche por el Newcastle, después de que el presidente blanquiazul rechazase la oferta inglesa de once millones más uno por objetivos. "Me pide prácticamente tres millones de euros más y el pago de otra manera?sigue tirando de la cuerda y no entiende que ya no da para más", asegura Lombilla. "Tiene que creer que no hay más, y nos va a creer el día que se caiga la operación", añade.

Lombilla recordó que el club inglés subió su oferta de ocho a once millones en tres meses, y desveló que el domingo por la mañana "soltó prácticamente un millón más en objetivos y acortó la forma de pago, inicialmente acordada en cuatro plazos, de manera muy importante", de acuerdo con lo que Lendoiro pretendía.

"La oferta seguirá en pie hasta que se canse el Newcastle. En quince días empieza la liga y si esto no se resuelve ya, saldrá en busca de la segunda opción, que sé que la tienen y la conozco", apuntó Lombilla, refiriéndose probablemente al defensa Senderos, del Arsenal. "Es un gran negociador y pretende que siempre haya algo más. A mí alguien me definió una vez a Lendoiro como uno de esos personajes al que le regalas un millón de dólares y no lo acepta porque piensa que hay uno y medio, ¡y se lo estás regalando!", insistió.

Lombilla razonó además irónicamente que "si el club desestima esa oferta es porque económicamente estará muy bien", por lo que espera que "el club tenga la delicadeza de llamar a Coloccini para renovarle el contrato acorde con lo que está perdiendo de ganar". La vinculación con el Newcastle sería por cinco temporadas y cobraría "más del doble" que ahora. "Fabricio está feliz en A Coruña y si se queda no tiene problema. Aquí se vive mejor, se come mejor, pero la carrera del jugador es corta. No represento presidentes ni clubes. Por el jugador, mato, y mi trabajo es defenderlo. Al final de la carrera de un futbolista, lo único que sirve es la cuenta corriente. No se come con Copas ni medallas. Entonces si el jugador se va a perder el contrato de su vida, me preocupa", dijo.

Coloccini se entrenó ayer en Abegondo y no quiso hacer declaraciones. A pesar de que el domingo declaraba que el jugador no viajó a Venezuela porque "no tiene ganas y espera que alguien dé la cara", Lombilla rectificó ayer. "No es una medida de fuerza; es una decisión del club y el técnico, para que si esto se resuelve, no se haga con él en Venezuela. Se querrán tomar unos días para pensar más la oferta", declaró Lombilla que, como ya aseguraba ayer en LA OPINIÓN, se plantea la posibilidad de recurrir al artículo 17 de la FIFA, que podría permitirle al central salir por menos dinero con un precio estipulado por el organismo internacional. "No lo quiero hacer, pero tengo todo el derecho", recordó.

Lotina: "Parece que la venta va adelante; buscamos un central"

Mientras de las palabras de Marcelo Lombilla se desprende que la negociación por la salida de Coloccini está estancada, el técnico deportivista, Miguel Ángel Lotina, daba casi por hecha la marcha del argentino ayer por la mañana, antes de que el equipo partiese hacia Venezuela. "Parece que va hacia adelante y eso significa que tenemos que buscar un central de las características de Coloccini. No digo del nivel, pero hay cosas interesantes y nos llevamos material para estudiar en el avión posibles recambios", reconoció el entrenador.

Lotina aseguró que las negociaciones comenzarán "cuando se confirme" su marcha. "Hasta ahora no me lo han comunicado", matizó el vasco, que dio algunas pistas sobre el perfil de jugador que le interesaría al Deportivo si se realiza la operación con el Newcastle.

"Tenemos algunos que nos gustan y pueden adaptarse al fútbol español, y los que más nos gustan no juegan en España. Hay uno que es zurdo, y otro es un diestro que ya ha jugado por la izquierda alguna vez en una defensa de tres centrales", comentó el entrenador.

"El sábado, cuando supimos que había una oferta, ya empezamos a mirar centrales. Tenemos una idea clara y estamos esperando a que se confirme para ponerle el nombre encima de la mesa al presidente", reconoció Lotina. El recambio de Coloccini tiene que tener pasaporte comunitario, y los técnicos barajan nombres de la liga argentina y francesa.

?

Lendoiro tensa la cuerda

El presidente blanquiazul le pide al Newcastle 15 millones por Coloccini, tres más de lo ofrecido. "Sigue tirando de la cuerda, y ya no da para más", afirma el agente del central.

Marcelo Lombilla, agente de Coloccini, en el aeropuerto de Alvedro antes de viajar a Madrid.  víctor echave

MERCEDES CERNADAS. A CORUÑA. El representante de Fabricio Coloccini, Marcelo Lombilla, abandonó A Coruña en el mediodía de ayer dando por "terminadas, por lo menos en este instante de la negociación" las conversaciones con Lendoiro para que el central fiche por el Newcastle, después de que el presidente blanquiazul rechazase la oferta inglesa de once millones más uno por objetivos. "Me pide prácticamente tres millones de euros más y el pago de otra manera?sigue tirando de la cuerda y no entiende que ya no da para más", asegura Lombilla. "Tiene que creer que no hay más, y nos va a creer el día que se caiga la operación", añade.

Lombilla recordó que el club inglés subió su oferta de ocho a once millones en tres meses, y desveló que el domingo por la mañana "soltó prácticamente un millón más en objetivos y acortó la forma de pago, inicialmente acordada en cuatro plazos, de manera muy importante", de acuerdo con lo que Lendoiro pretendía.

"La oferta seguirá en pie hasta que se canse el Newcastle. En quince días empieza la liga y si esto no se resuelve ya, saldrá en busca de la segunda opción, que sé que la tienen y la conozco", apuntó Lombilla, refiriéndose probablemente al defensa Senderos, del Arsenal. "Es un gran negociador y pretende que siempre haya algo más. A mí alguien me definió una vez a Lendoiro como uno de esos personajes al que le regalas un millón de dólares y no lo acepta porque piensa que hay uno y medio, ¡y se lo estás regalando!", insistió.

Lombilla razonó además irónicamente que "si el club desestima esa oferta es porque económicamente estará muy bien", por lo que espera que "el club tenga la delicadeza de llamar a Coloccini para renovarle el contrato acorde con lo que está perdiendo de ganar". La vinculación con el Newcastle sería por cinco temporadas y cobraría "más del doble" que ahora. "Fabricio está feliz en A Coruña y si se queda no tiene problema. Aquí se vive mejor, se come mejor, pero la carrera del jugador es corta. No represento presidentes ni clubes. Por el jugador, mato, y mi trabajo es defenderlo. Al final de la carrera de un futbolista, lo único que sirve es la cuenta corriente. No se come con Copas ni medallas. Entonces si el jugador se va a perder el contrato de su vida, me preocupa", dijo.

Coloccini se entrenó ayer en Abegondo y no quiso hacer declaraciones. A pesar de que el domingo declaraba que el jugador no viajó a Venezuela porque "no tiene ganas y espera que alguien dé la cara", Lombilla rectificó ayer. "No es una medida de fuerza; es una decisión del club y el técnico, para que si esto se resuelve, no se haga con él en Venezuela. Se querrán tomar unos días para pensar más la oferta", declaró Lombilla que, como ya aseguraba ayer en LA OPINIÓN, se plantea la posibilidad de recurrir al artículo 17 de la FIFA, que podría permitirle al central salir por menos dinero con un precio estipulado por el organismo internacional. "No lo quiero hacer, pero tengo todo el derecho", recordó.

Mientras de las palabras de Marcelo Lombilla se desprende que la negociación por la salida de Coloccini está estancada, el técnico deportivista, Miguel Ángel Lotina, daba casi por hecha la marcha del argentino ayer por la mañana, antes de que el equipo partiese hacia Venezuela. "Parece que va hacia adelante y eso significa que tenemos que buscar un central de las características de Coloccini. No digo del nivel, pero hay cosas interesantes y nos llevamos material para estudiar en el avión posibles recambios", reconoció el entrenador.

Lotina aseguró que las negociaciones comenzarán "cuando se confirme" su marcha. "Hasta ahora no me lo han comunicado", matizó el vasco, que dio algunas pistas sobre el perfil de jugador que le interesaría al Deportivo si se realiza la operación con el Newcastle.

"Tenemos algunos que nos gustan y pueden adaptarse al fútbol español, y los que más nos gustan no juegan en España. Hay uno que es zurdo, y otro es un diestro que ya ha jugado por la izquierda alguna vez en una defensa de tres centrales", comentó el entrenador.

"El sábado, cuando supimos que había una oferta, ya empezamos a mirar centrales. Tenemos una idea clara y estamos esperando a que se confirme para ponerle el nombre encima de la mesa al presidente", reconoció Lotina. El recambio de Coloccini tiene que tener pasaporte comunitario, y los técnicos barajan nombres de la liga argentina y francesa.

?

it's a recipe for enchiladas.

Guest Mucky01

Let's just get the bugger signed up first, eh? ;)

yep, but it looks unlikely now from where I’m sitting. We upped our offer after advice on agent to match the valuation, then we have to find more, we do this, now it’s not enough so there’s a stalemate, and worst of all it’s now been played out in the media which won’t help anyone who is seen to give in easily. – Sounds like El Presidento is a knob, and we’re probably looking at plan B.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Lendoiro tensa la cuerda

?

it's a recipe for enchiladas.

Fuck me, looks like beans on toast again tonight then

So basically up to three months ago we offered 8m euros, paid over four years and when Depor weren't happy we went to 11m euros paid much sooner. And they still aren't happy. :rant:

Guest elbee909

But buying quality players is easy.  You just keep throwing money at the problem, eh?  Otherwise where's the AMBITION? etc. etc. etc.

sounds to me like there no real intent to move,  just sabre ratling by agent to get financial package inspain.

Looks very bogus imo

Here we go, the first possible negative has been jumped on..

Seems to me he's calling the clubs bluff.  They're pretending they don't need to sell the player to get more money for him and his agent is basically saying "well if you don't need to sell you must have plenty of cash, so you'll have no problem offering what Newcastle have offered us".  He knows fine well they're fucked financially and can't afford to double the players wages..

So basically up to three months ago we offered 8m euros, paid over four years and when Depor weren't happy we went to 11m euros paid much sooner. And they still aren't happy. :rant:

if you believe the agent we agreed the price wanted by the chairman....then he raised it again

Seems to me he's calling the clubs bluff.  They're pretending they don't need to sell the player to get more money for him and his agent is basically saying "well if you don't need to sell you must have plenty of cash, so you'll have no problem offering what Newcastle have offered us".  He knows fine well they're fucked financially and can't afford to double the players wages..

Got to say, that's the way I read his comments too.

Guest neesy111

The article basically has nothing new, but the agent says if it's not sorted by the time the season starts Newcastle will look at other options which he knows we have. The article then speculates about Senderos.

god no, pay them the extra anything but senderos