Keegan on transfers

Guest hindu times

Keegan new world interview (4th August):

- Expects we'll get another 2 players of the quality of Jonas and Guthrie, but hopefully 3. Didn't mention younger players in this interview.

- Confident if everyone is fit, that 2 or 3 additions will give us a strong enough squad.

- Hopes to have close to a full team out by the time Valencia come over on Saturday.

- Highlights that (much like Dave's thread earlier), they haven't been ABLE to do much work with formations and shape and finishing, because there have been too many injuries.

- Says that James Milner and Alan Smith beating him and Terry Mac and golf has hit Terry Mac hard, because he's "nearly a pensioner"  :lol:

All in all, he looks fairly upbeat.

Kev! news flash you need about 6 Pal

Don't think we do tbh. Just need an attacking midfielder, striker and some fullback cover and were pretty much sorted.

You're forgetting us needing to boot Milner and Smith out the club! They are not even good enough for cover.

Keegan new world interview (4th August):

- Expects we'll get another 2 players of the quality of Jonas and Guthrie, but hopefully 3. Didn't mention younger players in this interview.

- Confident if everyone is fit, that 2 or 3 additions will give us a strong enough squad.

- Hopes to have close to a full team out by the time Valencia come over on Saturday.

- Highlights that (much like Dave's thread earlier), they haven't been ABLE to do much work with formations and shape and finishing, because there have been too many injuries.

- Says that James Milner and Alan Smith beating him and Terry Mac and golf has hit Terry Mac hard, because he's "nearly a pensioner"  :lol:

All in all, he looks fairly upbeat.

Kev! news flash you need about 6 Pal

Don't think we do tbh. Just need an attacking midfielder, striker and some fullback cover and were pretty much sorted.

You're forgetting us needing to boot Milner and Smith out the club! They are not even good enough for cover.

I think we should play Smith in front of the back 4,  I saw him play there once last season and it was easily his best game not that it takes much but he did have a good game I'd still sell him if someone would take him but no-one will and if we don't get a back up for Butt it would be useful.

I'd say Milner is good enough for cover he has his bad points but he's still a decent Premier League winger.

Anyway, when people say we need 5 or 6 first teamers they're talking nonsense in my opinion. Add Martins, Owen, Viduka, Barton, N'Zogbia, Faye, Beye, Butt, Jonas and Given to what we had last night and 2 or 3 additions is enough in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more. Dunno why everyone thinks we need a complete overhaul every transfer window. It's not required, nor is it going to happen anyway.

I think we should play Smith in front of the back 4,  I saw him play there once last season and it was easily his best game not that it takes much but he did have a good game I'd still sell him if someone would take him but no-one will and if we don't get a back up for Butt it would be useful.

No, no, no, no, no.

He's an absolute liability that close to our own goal.

Bontempi and Stozo, did you not read what I said. He said he hopes to get definitely 2, maybe 3 higher quality first teamers... but he mentioned the other day that the intention is still to get 3 or 4 good young players  (Bassong) in with those first teamers.

Anyway, when people say we need 5 or 6 first teamers they're talking nonsense in my opinion. Add Martins, Owen, Viduka, Barton, N'Zogbia, Faye, Beye, Butt, Jonas and Given to what we had last night and 2 or 3 additions is enough in my opinion.

Err yes!

And i'm saying sell Smith and Milner to the lowest bidder and get replacements for them which accounts for 2

Add another 4  to what he originally wanted and that makes 6.

No, no, no, no, no.

he is as well mind, he's like the venom to spiderman but for DM's (i'm not that big a nerd before anyone starts!!)

might as well put shola there ffs

No, no, no, no, no.

he is as well mind, he's like the venom to spiderman but for DM's (i'm not that big a nerd before anyone starts!!)

Aye you're probably right,  I was half asleep and pondering why he's the worst striker I've seen and tried to convince myself he'd have a use.

No, no, no, no, no.

Aye you're probably right,  I was half asleep and pondering why he's the worst striker I've seen and tried to convince myself he'd have a use.

Door stop?

I think most people agree that we need one creative cm most and also a striker. Those 2 positions are the most important. But i would also like to see a new DM to replace butt.

What kind of creative midfielders is there available out there who you would like to have playing for our club?

I think most people agree that we need one creative cm most and also a striker. Those 2 positions are the most important. But i would also like to see a new DM to replace butt.

What kind of creative midfielders is there available out there who you would like to have playing for our club?

Play Faye there

He was good for Bolton in that position and at least his headers wouldn't loop straight up in the air like butts

Play Faye there

He was good for Bolton in that position and at least his headers wouldn't loop straight up in the air like butts

Again, I agree, he looked good there when he did it last season for one or two games

Play Faye there

I dont think Faye is a good enough passer of the ball tbh...

Turan

Derdiyok

Warncok

Struggled to think of a creative playmaker

Turan is a creative midfielder I think. I'd rather swap the left back cover for a defensive midfielder, personally. We're desperate for some quality in the middle.

Turan

Derdiyok

Warncok

Struggled to think of a creative playmaker

Turan is a creative midfielder I think. I'd rather swap the left back cover for a defensive midfielder, personally. We're desperate for some quality in the middle.

I picked Turan as the creative player but dont know if realistic just couldnt think of anyone else

I don't think we'll buy a creative midfielder tbh. Don't know why but i get a hunch we'll be playing 4-4-2 and Keegan is happy with his midfield/wingers already. Be a striker and a LB we bring in.

I haven't seen Guthrie yet, so I can't comment on him, but the rest of our central midfielders need replacing tbh.

Butt, Geremi, Barton (whenever he's back), are all too slow, and too willing to pass sideways.

The midfield should have been the highest priority this summer.

I haven't seen Guthrie yet, so I can't comment on him, but the rest of our central midfielders need replacing tbh.

Butt, Geremi, Barton (whenever he's back), are all too slow, and too willing to pass sideways.

The midfield should have been the highest priority this summer.

Fully agree. Need a two new CM's with Guthrie, Barton & Butt in reserve