Ashley's recruitment men Wise, Jimenez, Vetere to blame for lack of signings?

Gallowgate End

Valid point, especially if Ashley makes a habit of it. Hasn't Collocini's agent brought up the possibility of invoking the Webster ruling if Leindro continues to play hard-ball?

IMO it's the reason as to why Jimenez was recruited. He is no Super Agent... blah blah

Coloccini's agent does not work for Mike Ashley.

Vetere is the one with encyclopedic knowledge and mega contacts. 

Jimenez, who also has some contacts in the footballing world, is more the "closer" for deals.

Which doesn't change the fact that this whole theory is a load.  How long, realistically, could a club get away with doing things like that?  2 transfers?  3?  Chairmen do talk to chairmen.  It might fly for one transfer window before we'd be either unofficially blacklisted by other clubs or officially arseraped by the FA/FIFA.    The idea that it wouldn't matter as Ashley would cut and run doesn't fly either because, again, no club would buy the players he got at a cut rate.  The plan simply wouldn't work and it's ludicrous to think that's what's in place.

However, I did like the attempt to lend credence to it with the whole "Ashley is renowned for upsetting the applecart" bit.  As though any daft theory is made immediately more probable because he doesn't mind bending the status quo. 

touchy touchy, was just thinking out loud about an idea that occurred to me

like they way you discredit it with no supporting evidence whatsoever though by saying it's "daft", as good as my "applecart" one that

Valid point, especially if Ashley makes a habit of it. Hasn't Collocini's agent brought up the possibility of invoking the Webster ruling if Leindro continues to play hard-ball?

IMO it's the reason as to why Jimenez was recruited. He is no Super Agent... blah blah

Coloccini's agent does not work for Mike Ashley.

sterling work captain fucking obvious

any more insights?

Jimenez, who also has some contacts in the footballing world, is more the "closer" for deals.

Which doesn't change the fact that this whole theory is a load.  How long, realistically, could a club get away with doing things like that?  2 transfers?  3?  Chairmen do talk to chairmen.  It might fly for one transfer window before we'd be either unofficially blacklisted by other clubs or officially arseraped by the FA/FIFA.    The idea that it wouldn't matter as Ashley would cut and run doesn't fly either because, again, no club would buy the players he got at a cut rate.  The plan simply wouldn't work and it's ludicrous to think that's what's in place.

However, I did like the attempt to lend credence to it with the whole "Ashley is renowned for upsetting the applecart" bit.  As though any daft theory is made immediately more probable because he doesn't mind bending the status quo. 

like they way you discredit it with no supporting evidence whatsoever though by saying it's "daft", as good as my "applecart" one that

What supporting evidence do I need other than to show that the idea is untenable, unworkable and unproductive? There's been no club to ever even try to employ a strategy like that and for good reason.  It just wouldn't work long term, it would cripple them financially and in the transfer market, the odds of success are roughly zero.

And that applecart bit is just more of the same I see on this board from people all too eager to accept any crackpot theory about Ashley as being equally as likely as any other just because hes a "maverick" in the business world. 

What supporting evidence do I need other than to show that the idea is untenable, unworkable and unproductive? There's been no club to ever even try to employ a strategy like that and for good reason.  It just wouldn't work long term, it would cripple them financially and in the transfer market, the odds of success are roughly zero.

And that applecart bit is just more of the same I see on this board from people all too eager to accept any crackpot theory about Ashley as being equally as likely as any other just because hes a "maverick" in the business world. 

hm, but i never suggested it would be tenable or workable did i?

"all legal issues aside we'll be hated, utterly HATED throughout the game & people would simply not do business with us"

alls i was saying trying to secure some signings in this manner might appeal to a businessman like ashley (think i said niche in the market right?) as it's cost effective, i don't need any evidence to support that as it may be true it may not be true, but you saying it's not true doesn't make it not true you know that right?

You didn't "show" anything actually, you just wrote what you think would happen, which if it were true would also apply to Bosmans.

Blacklisted? Dont make me fucking laugh.

If we have money to pay for a player that another club is willing to sell, the money talks.

If we have a player anothe club wants to buy, the money talks.

As if they'd give a shit about anything other than the priority of the club's playing staff. We've already been arse-raped by Depor and its not stopped us going back again for a player.

The point was clearly far from obvious to your friend Mr Mong.

any more insights?

Yeah, you're not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, are you?

mrmong?  how old are you?

for christs sake

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

seriously gonna be my new quote, cracking up here  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

any more insights?

for christs sake

Undoubtedly your senior.

The guy invented his own dumb handle, so why don't you suck on a lolly and calm down?

Guest elbee909

any more insights?

for christs sake

seriously gonna be my new quote, cracking up here  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

His name is Sicsfingeredmong.  Hardly disrespectful to refer to him as Mr Mong, surely?

any more insights?

for christs sake

His name is Sicsfingeredmong.  Hardly disrespectful to refer to him as Mr Mong, surely?

a once great man told me....

"to be old an wise, you have to be young and stupid"

you fit that description pretty well i might add :)

any more insights?

for christs sake

Undoubtedly your senior.

The guy invented his own dumb handle, so why don't you suck on a lolly and calm down?

complaint rescinded - i read it too fast and thought you were calling me mr mong you see?!  once i realised i thought i'd keep my head down and hoped it went away

it didn't :doh:

any more insights?

for christs sake

Undoubtedly your senior.

complaint rescinded - i read it too fast and thought you were calling me mr mong you see?!  once i realised i thought i'd keep my head down and hoped it went away

so glad you didn't mate, your response, especially the part involving christ was the funniest thing ive read on this board in months

any more insights?

for christs sake

Undoubtedly your senior.

so glad you didn't mate, your response, especially the part involving christ was the funniest thing ive read on this board in months

your so enraptured with it you've actually got me laughing at how much you're laughing at what i wrote now!!

and i still don't know whether you're taking the piss out of me or not!

fuck this is shaping up to be a bad day

any more insights?

for christs sake

Undoubtedly your senior.

What are you on about? Really don't see whats so funny...

any more insights?

for christs sake

Undoubtedly your senior.

your so enraptured with it you've actually got me laughing at how much you're laughing at what i wrote now!!

and i still don't know whether you're taking the piss out of me or not!

f*** this is shaping up to be a bad day

i'm not, geniunely one the funniest things ive ever read, Alan Partridge-esque

any more insights?

for christs sake

Undoubtedly your senior.

Well, hey, if you always charge in with all guns blazing, you're eventually going to catch a ricochet.

any more insights?

for christs sake

Undoubtedly your senior.

Well, hey, if you always charge in with all guns blazing, you're eventually going to catch a ricochet.

yeah, guess i'll not sleep tonight now

I was in discussion with one of my good friends on the subject of Newcastle United's disappointing failure on deals and lack of money spent on player recruitment thus far; my friend believes Mike Ashley will simply not put the big money into recruitment of players like Shepherd did as he believes Mike Ashley is looking for buyers to make a profit by selling the club at a much bigger price he brought it at; this came to surface after the event of a month ago when it was suggested in the media that Mike Ashley was was in negotiation with Inter-Media Partners and had set a selling price of £400 million making it a profit of £265 million more then what he had originally brought the club for while I strongly disagree with a lot of this and a lot of the flak that has been directed at Mike Ashley my concern lies with that of his three inexperienced directors Wise, Jimenez, Vetere who were appointed with player recruitment based roles.

The high financial bids for Modric and Woodgate that Chris Mort did confirm publicly suggests that Mike Ashley is willing to spend; the Modric saga in particular suggests a big financial deal was willing to be put in place but our recruitment men of Jimenez, Wise, Vetere lost the deal in agent negotiations lets not forget these three men have no background of successful recruitment of players, my fear is at the end of this transfer window could be the biggest example of that.

I was wondering with the growing disappointment on the lack of player recruitment so far what is the general consensus on the reasoning on this subject?

Going right back to the original post, I think it is hard to argue that there is enough experience to get deals done speedily.  Only Vetere imho has the knowledge to do his job satisfactorily.  Players are being identified but transfers are not getting completed.  There just doesn't seem to be the negotiating skills in place otherwise I feel certain Newcastle would have signed more players than they have currently.

I might be totally wrong but I honestly can't envisage things changing soon.

Guest SellSholaFor1M

I blame Keegan. Who would sign for a manager who publicly declared that he has no chance of breaking the top 4? No ambition whatsoever.

I blame Keegan. Who would sign for a manager who publicly declared that he has no chance of breaking the top 4? No ambition whatsoever.

You're clearly on the wind-up but I'd also say that the comments Keegan made after Chelsea (H) haven't helped us at all. :hmm:

I was in discussion with one of my good friends on the subject of Newcastle United's disappointing failure on deals and lack of money spent on player recruitment thus far; my friend believes Mike Ashley will simply not put the big money into recruitment of players like Shepherd did as he believes Mike Ashley is looking for buyers to make a profit by selling the club at a much bigger price he brought it at; this came to surface after the event of a month ago when it was suggested in the media that Mike Ashley was was in negotiation with Inter-Media Partners and had set a selling price of £400 million making it a profit of £265 million more then what he had originally brought the club for while I strongly disagree with a lot of this and a lot of the flak that has been directed at Mike Ashley my concern lies with that of his three inexperienced directors Wise, Jimenez, Vetere who were appointed with player recruitment based roles.

The high financial bids for Modric and Woodgate that Chris Mort did confirm publicly suggests that Mike Ashley is willing to spend; the Modric saga in particular suggests a big financial deal was willing to be put in place but our recruitment men of Jimenez, Wise, Vetere lost the deal in agent negotiations lets not forget these three men have no background of successful recruitment of players, my fear is at the end of this transfer window could be the biggest example of that.

I was wondering with the growing disappointment on the lack of player recruitment so far what is the general consensus on the reasoning on this subject?

Going right back to the original post, I think it is hard to argue that there is enough experience to get deals done speedily.  Only Vetere imho has the knowledge to do his job satisfactorily.  Players are being identified but transfers are not getting completed.  There just doesn't seem to be the negotiating skills in place otherwise I feel certain Newcastle would have signed more players than they have currently.

Horse-jism.

With respect to exchaning large amount of money to acquire the services of people or any type of resource, i think a retail organisation like Ashley's has amongst the best expertise in the business world since the purchasing department drives overall profitability.

He knows how to bargain and knows how to employ people who know how to bargain. When it comes to a chairman upping a bid by 2m at the 11th hour, it will be Ashley personally who makes the call. The problems in recruitment have fuck all to do with the right skillset internally but more to do with broader factors that are well documented at this club.

Horse-jism.

With respect to exchaning large amount of money to acquire the services of people or any type of resource, i think a retail organisation like Ashley's has amongst the best expertise in the business world since the purchasing department drives overall profitability.

He knows how to bargain and knows how to employ people who know how to bargain. When it comes to a chairman upping a bid by 2m at the 11th hour, it will be Ashley personally who makes the call. The problems in recruitment have f*** all to do with the right skillset internally but more to do with broader factors that are well documented at this club.

I'm not disputing that Ashley would undoubtedly have recruitment expertise in his particular field but I do question what qualities being a property developer would do to aid Jiminez in negotiating with a football agent/club about signing a player, especially as that player may well be wanted by another half a dozen clubs across Europe. 

Vetere seems more than capable of identifying the right players, Ashley has shown willing to pay £15m+ on the right player, it's the bit in the middle of a transaction that doesn't seem to be working.