The Best Performance You've Seen From Us?

Tooj

Just had a quick look at some of those results we had our first season up in the premier! Some proper hammerings in there (two 7-1 score lines and quite a few 4-0)

By and by, has that been our best ever season in the PL considering we played free flowing football, had a genius playing behind a dangerous predator, and 9 men behind them working to get the ball to them? also of course considering it was our first season back in the big time? Could probably say it's definitely one of the happiest seasons being a newcastle fan

Just had a quick look at some of those results we had our first season up in the premier! Some proper hammerings in there (two 7-1 score lines and quite a few 4-0)

By and by, has that been our best ever season in the PL considering we played free flowing football, had a genius playing behind a dangerous predator, and 9 men behind them working to get the ball to them? also of course considering it was our first season back in the big time? Could probably say it's definitely one of the happiest seasons being a newcastle fan

that season was the most entertaining football i have seen nufc play

Yeah, they put on a clinic vs my Knicks back in '99.

Speak English brother.

I did!

Seriously though, Spurs 4-1 was the first time I saw the team actually look like a team. Just about my entire time as a fan has been a shower of shit, but so far that result stands out.

Newcastle 3-0 Aston Villa 2001-2 season. That was the game where I first realised that team had something. Bellamy tore Villa to shreds, remember Robbie Elliott producing one of the most under-rated assists by a Newcastle player for his first goal, and Shearer's volley in the second-half. Think Villa were top at the time we played the match as well.

Newcastle 3-0 Aston Villa 2001-2 season. That was the game where I first realised that team had something. Bellamy tore Villa to shreds, remember Robbie Elliott producing one of the most under-rated assists by a Newcastle player for his first goal, and Shearer's volley in the second-half. Think Villa were top at the time we played the match as well.

I never knew that was Elliot who played that ball over the top, always thought it was Rob Lee.

I never knew that was Elliot who played that ball over the top, always thought it was Rob Lee.

Lee played the ball for Shearer's, Elliott set-up Bellamy's...even more impressive given it was with his right foot.

Lee played the ball for Shearer's, Elliott set-up Bellamy's...even more impressive given it was with his right foot.

That's why I always thought it was Lee due to it being with the right-foot. Loved how Bellamy megged Schmeichel as well. Shearer's goal that day man, absolutely unbelievable.

I know Lee setup Shearer's one man. ;)

Maybe the 4-0 against Ferencváros at SJP in 1996.

It all just seemed so stylish and effortless, some wonderful midfield movement, and a beautiful goal from Ginola as well as one from Sir Les and two from Tino.

Maybe it helped that, having been to some of their matches while working in Budapest, I really fucking hated Ferencváros. I also knew that this was a long way from their best side that we were running rings around. But I've seen us be mediocre so often against inferior sides, that it was a joy to see us dismantle a team so damn gracefully.

Didn't Beardo miss a penalty in that Ferencvaros one?

I too thought it was Rob Lee who played it to Bellers for that first goal vs Villa. Either way, all stunning goals, when we were at our fucking brilliant best.

Guest Heneage

The 6-2 against Everton was good.

But for sheer just pwnage rape delight to watch.

Its that day where "Fergies" boys were mugged by a big lad from Belgium with a moustache.

i'm gonna ask for NE5's help here.......1974-75 V liverpool (original postponed due to high winds) were we actually as good in that first half as my 7 year old eyes believed ?

there really are a few. no doubt they'll be listed.

Yes, I can also help you there - we WERE terrific against a side who had humbled us at Wembley only 6 months earlier ; Tommy Craig's left-foot passing absolutely opened them like a sardine can, and we had them thrashed long before the game had finished...

I would willingly have swapped the two games around, as the World would then have been able to see just what we WERE capable of on our day, but of course, Craig wasn't with us when we played them at Wembley in the FA Cup Final, and strangely enough, I think Terry Mac had left to join them by the November game.

Must also say that the game against Leicester when we had been presented with the 1st Div trophy on May 9, 1993 was unbelieveable - a wonderful fairytale way to finish a great season and a fitting farewell to David Kelly, who kept the Match-Ball after his hat-trick in the first half...fabulous stuff.