The Best Performance You've Seen From Us?

Tooj

Lee passed it to Elliot.  :thup:

it was Elliott

That was another performance too, Bellamy and Shearer were awesome. I thought we were going to do well but after that point really thought how good they were.

i'm gonna ask for NE5's help here.......1974-75 V liverpool (original postponed due to high winds) were we actually as good in that first half as my 7 year old eyes believed ?

there really are a few. no doubt they'll be listed.

Was that the game Super Mac got his hat-trick on his home debut? Bit before my time like. ;)

nah, that was 3-2 mate. In actual fact, Liverpool were probably the best side that day, they put a lot of pressure on us but it was Macs day.

I remember seeing him getting absolutely KO'd by Clemence I think it was in goal for them. Didn't KK score as well that day for Liverpool?

he scored to put Liverpool 1-0 up and gave away the penalty when MacDonald equalised

I saw us dismantle Man City 5-0 at home, during the promotion season of 83/84. Beardsley hattrick that day - he was superb. In recent times - got to be the Man United 5-0 at home. Simply memorable.

Beardsley was good that day but Waddle was outstanding. Perhaps best performance I have seen by any Newcastle player. Still the best was West Ham at home in 96. Nothing comes close to how good we were that night.

Rotherham away 82 , Keegan dropped from England scores 4 terry mac debut I think may be wrong , young lad 2nd away game life didn't get much better, motd next day tony gubba screaming Keegan, video was worn out played it that much

Leicester 7-1 I think I'm going to have to say of the games I've been fortunate enough to attend. We also stuffed Barnsley 6-0 a few weeks earlier which was a very good performance.

Guest neesy111

I saw us dismantle Man City 5-0 at home, during the promotion season of 83/84. Beardsley hattrick that day - he was superb. In recent times - got to be the Man United 5-0 at home. Simply memorable.

Beardsley was good that day but Waddle was outstanding. Perhaps best performance I have seen by any Newcastle player. Still the best was West Ham at home in 96. Nothing comes close to how good we were that night.

if we had won 25-0, it would of still flattered them that day (west ham)

7-1 Spurs, 6-1 Spurs or 4-1 Spurs.

Seriously though, I remember one of of my first games when we beat Arsenal 2-0 in a night game. Ginola and Ferdinand scored. Great performance.

Not particularly our best performance, but one of the most entertaining games, Newcastle 3-3 Spurs 1994-5 season. Think Peacock scored his first goal, Srnicek was sent-off and Hooper came on for his first appearance in ages, and saved a Klinsmann penalty.

villa 5-1 first season up and venison scored. even though they scored first we absolutly dominated. a time when home games just meant how many are we going to win by and with highly entertaining simple football.

villa 5-1 first season up and venison scored. even though they scored first we absolutly dominated. a time when home games just meant how many are we going to win by and with highly entertaining simple football.

Venison scored the following season. ;)

Bracewell however scored a belter.

aye thats right :blush:..bazza vennaz had moved into midfield by then.

the chelsea second half 5-0 back in the 70's. just typical newcastle all in one game. how we could be so poor then turn it on.

one i wasn't there fro but the away cup game at west brom 3-0.

Not particularly our best performance, but one of the most entertaining games, Newcastle 3-3 Spurs 1994-5 season. Think Peacock scored his first goal, Srnicek was sent-off and Hooper came on for his first appearance in ages, and saved a Klinsmann penalty.

Brilliant game, was just thinking bout that before when i was posting. I think Darren Anderton scored a screamer that night n all. I definitely remember one of their goals getting applause from our fans.

Guest optimistic nit

iirc we beat west ham 4-0 lua lua scoring two in the first game of one of bobby robsons seasons. im pretty sure we absolutely battered them then as well.

The 6-2 against Everton was good.

But for sheer just pwnage rape delight to watch.

I wanted to say that one just cos it sticks out; sensational counter-attacking football. We absolutely destroyed them... but i never actually saw it, just the highlights. It just sticks out for that period though.

I really can't think of any one that stands out in-particular for me, as i didn't see too many from the Bobby era. There was some decent performances prior to that, that i can just about remember: 4-1 against Everton in the cup where Kets got a brace, 2-0 vs Spurs at Old Trafford - again in the cup. 1-0 vs Juventus and 2-2 vs Inter in the Champions League were pretty damn good performances under Bobby (notice how i'm only saying terrestrial TV games). More recently, 4-1 against Alkmaar, 3-0 against Reading.

I haven't seen too many outstanding performances from start to finish unfortunately.

iirc we beat west ham 4-0 lua lua scoring two in the first game of one of bobby robsons seasons. im pretty sure we absolutely battered them then as well.

Ha, i was gonna say that one cos it was one of the first games i'd watched since my family got Sky - but didn't think anyone would know what i was on about. Class game, all the goals came in the last half an hour. Was a week before we brought it back to 2-2 at Anfield iirc.

I wanted to say that one just cos it sticks out; sensational counter-attacking football. We absolutely destroyed them... but i never actually saw it, just the highlights. It just sticks out for that period though.

I really can't think of any one that stands out in-particular for me, as i didn't see too many from the Bobby era. There was some decent performances prior to that, that i can just about remember: 4-1 against Everton in the cup where Kets got a brace, 2-0 vs Spurs at Old Trafford - again in the cup. 1-0 vs Juventus and 2-2 vs Inter in the Champions League were pretty damn good performances under Bobby (notice how i'm only saying terrestrial TV games). More recently, 4-1 against Alkmaar, 3-0 against Reading.

I haven't seen too many outstanding performances from start to finish unfortunately.

It was 4-2 against Alkmaar unfortunately. Bloody Taylor!

Never a penalty!

Oh aye it was wasn't it. We were fairly poor in the second half... but that wasn't a penalty at all man. The second leg certainly balanced out the 'performance scale' mind you.

The usual ones stand out - Barca game, Man U 5-0, whipping Spurs, but one that probably wasn't the best but I still remember well is beating West Ham 3-0 in 1996 when we were top of the league - Ginola was on fire that night and we should have beaten them by about 10 - still remember singing 'we are top of the league'!!!

Also the game in which Cole broke the single season goal scoring record iirc.

The usual ones stand out - Barca game, Man U 5-0, whipping Spurs, but one that probably wasn't the best but I still remember well is beating West Ham 3-0 in 1996 when we were top of the league - Ginola was on fire that night and we should have beaten them by about 10 - still remember singing 'we are top of the league'!!!

The Barca game really wasn't that great of a performance, we were really hanging on by the end and Barca were going through a pretty average phase by their standards at the time.

I honestly can't remember that West Ham game that you all keep referring too, I'm pretty sure I went to every home game that season but can't recall that one at all.