RCD Mallorca 1 - 0 Newcastle - 03/08/08 - post match reaction from page 16

Dave

Guest Jungle Barry

I know it's difficult not to but bear in mind pre-season games rarely have any bearing on the season.

For instance, we looked fairly decent in last summers run outs and we all know what happened after that

You'd rather win than lose though. It's not even the results, we've not had a shot to speak of in three games (one against Doncaster). Owen and Viduka will get injuries and a striker is absolutely critical in the next 28 days.

I agree totally, I want us to win every match we play no matter the status of the game. But with the state of the squad at present I didn't expect us to pull up many trees in these two games.

Hopefully we'll have a few new/familiar faces in time for the PSV & Valencia games

Know Keegan is probably working his ass off behind the scenes getting in new signings, but it just seems like he doesn't see the urgency...

I reckon he sees the urgency more than anyone else at the club.

If it means we're attempting to sign players of the quality of Coloccini then I'm prepared to wait.

I seem to remember you having the opposite stance a month ago :)

I was winding you up man.

Absolute pants again. No end product in the final third. Alan Smith can't hold an ice cream up properly. Milner can only hit he first man and Duff looks like he is doing Micheal Flatley on the ball (but Duff proably earns more per perfomance). Beaten off Doncaster ffs its gonna be a long season.

:lol:

What worries me is that some of our players who'll be back from injuries mightn't be fit enough when the real deal starts off. We are really depending on them, 'cause most of the ones playing now seems rather shite.

Know Keegan is probably working his ass off behind the scenes getting in new signings, but it just seems like he doesn't see the urgency...

I reckon he sees the urgency more than anyone else at the club.

If it means we're attempting to sign players of the quality of Coloccini then I'm prepared to wait.

If there's at least two attacking players to come of that quality, I'll be pretty happy. :thup:

I suppose it depends on what people believe, Keegan has said we're in for players that the other top clubs are looking at and I've got no reason not to believe him.

Wonder what Jonas was texting. Probably "Holy shit, what have I signed up for?"

Texting Blatter...

"Article 18 or the "Gutierrez": I changed my mind, I dont want to play with these fuckers."

Wonder what Jonas was texting. Probably "Holy s***, what have I signed up for?"

Texting Blatter...

"Article 18 or the "Gutierrez": I changed my mind, I dont want to play with these fuckers."

Ah article 18 with the escape clause to article 17 if the team that the player joins employs Alan Smith as a footballer.

Guest Anth.Nufc

Wonder what Jonas was texting. Probably "Holy s***, what have I signed up for?"

Texting Blatter...

Prob texting Collocini Don't Sign Don't Sign!!!