RCD Mallorca 1 - 0 Newcastle - 03/08/08 - post match reaction from page 16

Dave

I know they're pre-season friendlies but these last two and half games, dear me... :undecided:

Without at least a top class striker and a top class midfielder, it's going to be a long hard slog.

Guest Darth Toon

Guthrie looks like he considers his options before passing, unlike the others who seem to panic and hit it towards the first purple shirt they see.

Problem he's having is, every time he plays a half decent forward ball it gets fired right back at him....

I know they're pre-season friendlies but these last two and half games, dear me... :undecided:

Without at least a top class striker and a top class midfielder, it's going to be a long hard slog.

Got it spot on.

Guthrie looks like he considers his options before passing, unlike the others who seem to panic and hit it towards the first purple shirt they see.

Problem he's having is, every time he plays a half decent forward ball it gets fired right back at him....

"Fucking hell"

At least Edgar can cross the ball, even Smith made good ground to get there, was well defended in the end. We do look very poor mind but with all those players missing you cannot put us down to much, unlike the cunts commentating.

Guest Thomo

I have just counted, we have 13 players missing tonight and that does not include Colocinni, only Harper, Taylor, Milner, Enrique and possibly Guthrie actually have a chance of starting against Man Utd, I dont think we could consider the rest in the starting 11.

but come on look at is as how many of this team will be starting the season?

Hopefully no more than 3 or 4, but how many of this mob are going to be called into action over the course of a season, especially if we don't see Barton for months, who's been no great shakes himself in black and white anyway.

Guest Milburnthedog

Pre season has been a disaster so far. Lets hope we can get something like a first team on the pitch by next weekend, at least.

I wouldn't look into results or even performances so far.