Newcastle 2 - 2 PSV Eindhoven - 06/08/08 - post match reaction from page 23

Kev
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I really enjoyed the match, when I saw there were no strikers playing I feared the worst but, the lads on the pitch did fine.  Jonas was great, think he was blowing a bit by the end but, his fittness will continue to improve, Guthrie was solid and looks a fantastic prospect.

Was watching the lads in the South East Corner, in the second half there were about 3 times as many people in there as there was for the first half, obviously people went there for the atmosphere etc.  Thought the police got it completely wrong, the lads were having a great time cheering and making a decent atmosphere and the police who were obviously bored and looking for some easy targets waded in mob handed pulling random kids out and pushing them around like big men!!

There was about 10k people in the ground in total and if that is how the police react to a small crowd I am waiting to see how they cope with a full stadium in a few weeks time!!  Pathetic to be honest.

Glad Smith wasn't playing, long may that continue!!  When we have our strikers back and some of these new, exciting signings that are just around the corner we will be ok.

Guest newcastle4life

Shame the defence conceded the two goals but still a big improvement on the last three games.

Their second goal was a joke, don't think you would see such lax defending in a game that mattered.  Think the score was irrelevant last night, it was good to see some effort and something approaching a perfomance.

Will probably get slated for this but thought the "Ultras" showed themselves up tonight. They'll no doubt say the police were over the top but the fact there was about 20 policemen just in that one corner, booing them if they threatened to kick anyone out, etc....seriously need to have a look at themselves. It's all very well creating an atmosphere but if the majority (and I bet you any money kane2005 will crawl out of the woodwork trying to defend them saying it was only one or two idiots) are going to act like tits, then we're better off without them.

1. Toon Ultras caused no hassle at all last night = FACT

2. Toon Ultras HELPED create a decent little atmosphere last night = FACT

3. Toon Ultras Misbehaving = NOT A FACT

4. Everyone within the corner including TU booing the police officer who threw a young lad out for asking for his ball back = FACT

My opinion on it all was that the police and stewards did get a bit heavy handed due to the sheer amount of  numbers which congregated within the corner.

We delibratley never went to our seats until just before kick off and it was totally EMPTY. Not even the first block was full , there was about 30 Toon Ultras. Once we began singing etc people started leaving their seats to join in , suddenyl 30 turned into 530. Then once it began to rain , people in the front of the Gallowgate began to move up.

Try and get your facts right before talking lots of shite ON.

Will probably get slated for this but thought the "Ultras" showed themselves up tonight. They'll no doubt say the police were over the top but the fact there was about 20 policemen just in that one corner, booing them if they threatened to kick anyone out, etc....seriously need to have a look at themselves. It's all very well creating an atmosphere but if the majority (and I bet you any money kane2005 will crawl out of the woodwork trying to defend them saying it was only one or two idiots) are going to act like tits, then we're better off without them.

4. Everyone within the corner including TU booing the police officer who threw a young lad out for asking for his ball back = FACT

My opinion on it all was that the police and stewards did get a bit heavy handed due to the sheer amount of  numbers which congregated within the corner.

We delibratley never went to our seats until just before kick off and it was totally EMPTY. Not even the first block was full , there was about 30 Toon Ultras. Once we began singing etc people started leaving their seats to join in , suddenyl 30 turned into 530. Then once it began to rain , people in the front of the Gallowgate began to move up.

Try and get your facts right before talking lots of shite ON.

"ON" made a mistake, which is fair enough, but you know - if you didn't come on here to simply flounce around like a big, angry juvenile - you and the Ultras would get a lot more respect. Why won't that simply embed in that thick skull of yours? Christ sake.

For what it is worth I think Kane has a point, made in a slightly overly aggressive manner of course.

Thought the police created the situation in that corner because they were simply looking for some trouble and some smaller people that they could push around, imagine going to court and they read the charge out:  Arrested on Wed 6th August for having possession of a football at a football match.............

For what it is worth I think Kane has a point, made in a slightly overly aggressive manner of course.

Thought the police created the situation in that corner because they were simply looking for some trouble and some smaller people that they could push around, imagine going to court and they read the charge out:  Arrested on Wed 6th August for having possession of a football at a football match.............

That's what will no doubt cast doubt on his version of events though.

That and the whole "its never anything to do with us" mentality.

I'd be genuinely surprised if they threw someone out for asking for their ball back as well :rolleyes:

Try and get your facts right before talking lots of s**** ON.

I heard the Toon Ultras did cause hassle = FACT

Toon Ultras create an atmosphere but there's always the risk factor = FACT

Most of the Toon Ultras behaved perfectly fine, but some use the name to start acting like twats = FACT

Your only the second person I spoke to at the game and both had biased opinions. Thing is no matter how much you deny it there's always going to be a small faction of the Toon Ultras that cause trouble as they feel that's what it's all about. Perhaps a change of name might help but it could run deeper than that.

Is there's a membership to become one of the "Toon Ultras" or something? Because the sad thing is kane, as long as people stick to you's, you WILL be tarred with the same brush. And of course, the 30-40 policemen went to that side of the ground because you were all behaving impecably and there was no bother whatsoever...

"ON" made a mistake, which is fair enough, but you know - if you didn't come on here to simply flounce around like a big, angry juvenile - you and the Ultras would get a lot more respect. Why won't that simply embed in that thick skull of yours? Christ sake.

ON = Optimistic Nut  - THICK SKULL !!

I wasnt replying to anyone other than him as he is the person who brought his untrue comments up.

I heard the Toon Ultras did cause hassle = FACT

Toon Ultras create an atmosphere but there's always the risk factor = FACT

Most of the Toon Ultras behaved perfectly fine, but some use the name to start acting like twats = FACT

Your only the second person I spoke to at the game and both had biased opinions. Thing is no matter how much you deny it there's always going to be a small faction of the Toon Ultras that cause trouble as they feel that's what it's all about. Perhaps a change of name might help but it could run deeper than that.

Yeah , Like the rest of them , you heard !!

Your comment is actually FACT if someone did say that to you , but what is NOT A FACT is that Toon Ultras caused hassle.

Put it bluntly , there was 3 or 4 people thrown out for whatever reasons , at no point in that game , did any member WHO I KNOW OF , get spoken to by the police or stewards , so therefore in my opinion , Toon Ultras behaved themselves as always. Enjoyed the  game , backed their team non stop , deal with it.

You lot want TU / Singing Section  etc etc to fail , the sooner you get it into your heads that whatever you's say , however positive or negative , we will keep on trying .

Is there's a membership to become one of the "Toon Ultras" or something? Because the sad thing is kane, as long as people stick to you's, you WILL be tarred with the same brush. And of course, the 30-40 policemen went to that side of the ground because you were all behaving impecably and there was no bother whatsoever...

Singing , will always attract some idiots as they think it's just like the school disco. We know that. Im afraid we cannot effect who sits with us during games , in cup games it wont be so bad as we are all going to order our tickets together.

30-40 might just be OTT aswell , try 10-15.

KEVIN Keegan has called on the Toon Army to recreate the atmosphere during Wednesday night's friendly with PSV when Spanish cup winners Valencia come to St.James' Park this weekend.

The Magpies boss was quick to acknowledge the vocal contribution of the Geordie fans located in the South East corner of the stadium after the 2-2 draw with the Dutch champions.

And, with La Liga outfit Valencia set to provide the opposition for the final warm-up match of the summer, KK has urged the black and white fans to turn out in number and lend their support to his side.

"The stadium was far from full on Wednesday but there was still a great atmosphere and the fans in that far corner made a lot of noise," Keegan told nufcTV.

"I think there will be quite a few more fans on Saturday and hopefully we'll have the same atmosphere.

"Valencia will present a different challenge to PSV and it's another good test for the lads.

"We'll have one or two players back and we're getting closer to full strength now.

"We're looking for another good performance, like Wednesday, and of course it would be nice to finish the pre-season with a win ahead of next weekend's game at Manchester United."