Newcastle 2 - 2 PSV Eindhoven - 06/08/08 - post match reaction from page 23

Kev
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can someone tell me who was performing that version of Blaydon races before the game? Also, any idea where I could get a copy? It's not a big hit where I'm from.

They're a local band called The Longsands from Cramlington, there was talk of the club releasing the song at the end of last season,  if you check out the bands website www.thelongsands.co.uk there maybe some news on the release, think it is in the pipeline.

Just in, decent game for a friendly. Whoever is 26 for them went to the Roy Keane school of tackling, filthy fucker.

If it was butt you would be praising him for getting stuck in :)

Guest Heneage

Waited after for autographs missed him cos our bosses kept us back a coach said he wouldn't do it for me "because". guttedeidnt watch game was boring .

Just in, decent game for a friendly. Whoever is 26 for them went to the Roy Keane school of tackling, filthy fucker.

If it was butt you would be praising him for getting stuck in :)

If it was Butt I'd be asking why he was risking himself in a fucking friendly

Can someone tell me who was performing that version of Blaydon races before the game? Also, any idea where I could get a copy? It's not a big hit where I'm from.

They're a local band called The Longsands from Cramlington, there was talk of the club releasing the song at the end of last season,  if you check out the bands website www.thelongsands.co.uk there maybe some news on the release, think it is in the pipeline.

Thanks!

Guest bobbyshinton

Jonas - looks tidy, will only get better with more games

Guthrie - never wastes a pass but dissapeared in the second half when we barely kept the ball. Took his goal nicely

Milner - held the ball up better than Smith and was more of a goal threat than Smith. Played pretty well

Duff - was ok, missed a decent one on one on his right foot and also faded second half.

Geremi - put in a good corner for Taylor's goal (Taylor celebrated like it was the best thing EVER) and was ok

Beye - rusty

Cacapa - Solid I thought, should never shoot from 30 yards

Enrique - I like the kid but the more he makes silly errors it annoys me, failed to clear for the second goal. Also offers nothing going forward, which I think Keegan will hold against him.

Butt & Given - Usual stuff

Of the subs, Bassong wasn't really tested (although he absolutely screamed at Enrique at one point), Donaldson made us less of a threat up front if that was possible in the second half and Edgar didn't do much of note.

A f*** load of police went to the "singing section" following someone being thrown out, seemed very unnecessary tbh.

Steven Hawking can hold the ball up better than Smith.

Will probably get slated for this but thought the "Ultras" showed themselves up tonight. They'll no doubt say the police were over the top but the fact there was about 20 policemen just in that one corner, booing them if they threatened to kick anyone out, etc....seriously need to have a look at themselves. It's all very well creating an atmosphere but if the majority (and I bet you any money kane2005 will crawl out of the woodwork trying to defend them saying it was only one or two idiots) are going to act like tits, then we're better off without them.

Will probably get slated for this but thought the "Ultras" showed themselves up tonight. They'll no doubt say the police were over the top but the fact there was about 20 policemen just in that one corner, booing them if they threatened to kick anyone out, etc....seriously need to have a look at themselves. It's all very well creating an atmosphere but if the majority (and I bet you any money kane2005 will crawl out of the woodwork trying to defend them saying it was only one or two idiots) are going to act like tits, then we're better off without them.

I think you might find you won't get slated.  Was always going to be the problem with this singing section etc, it will give the arsehole element somewhere to congregate.

I think you might find you won't get slated.  Was always going to be the problem with this singing section etc, it will give the arsehole element somewhere to congregate.

If tonight was anything to go by when there weren't any away fans in the stadium, then the police are going to be in for a tough season when we start the season proper. Not only are they going to have to watch the away fans, but those lot as well.

Guest Heneage

Mate I was stewarding that it wasnt Ultras it was 10 lads who jsut got joined by more, the police showing up made it worse. Should have just let them be they werent causing trouble just making noise, its our boys man thick as two planks supposed to be trained in "Event management" but are they shite, wannabe army men that take it all too serious.

It got to the point where no one was watching the game at my end I certainly wasn't. No doubt i'll get a briefing Saturday about dispelling it, its so daft.

Mate I was stewarding that it wasnt Ultras it was 10 lads who jsut got joined by more, the police showing up made it worse. Should have just let them be they werent causing trouble just making noise, its our boys man thick as two planks supposed to be trained in "Event management" but are they shite, wannabe army men that take it all too serious.

It got to the point where no one was watching the game at my end I certainly wasn't. No doubt i'll get a briefing Saturday about dispelling it, its so daft.

Good point Heneage. I was in the singing section for the game and i know exactly who the toon ultras are and who arn't. I'd say it was half full of lunatics and charvers that don't go to any games that were causing the trouble. The police were taking people out for no reason, like when the kid hoyed the ball up when the copper asked for it and he dragged the kid out, no reason for that, it's just a bit fun. But it's the charvers shouting at police, and opening fire exit doors at half time to have a tab that were causing all the trouble and making the ultras look bad. Kane and the rest of his lads were near the front and the odd dew directly behind them at the back, and it was the other side where the bother was happening

Guest Heneage

Mate I was stewarding that it wasnt Ultras it was 10 lads who jsut got joined by more, the police showing up made it worse. Should have just let them be they werent causing trouble just making noise, its our boys man thick as two planks supposed to be trained in "Event management" but are they s****, wannabe army men that take it all too serious.

Good point Heneage. I was in the singing section for the game and i know exactly who the toon ultras are and who arn't. I'd say it was half full of lunatics and charvers that don't go to any games that were causing the trouble. The police were taking people out for no reason, like when the kid hoyed the ball up when the copper asked for it and he dragged the kid out, no reason for that, it's just a bit fun. But it's the charvers shouting at police, and opening fire exit doors at half time to have a tab that were causing all the trouble and making the ultras look bad. Kane and the rest of his lads were near the front and the odd dew directly behind them at the back, and it was the other side where the bother was happening

That wasnt Charvers Jamie that was lad on my section daft as brush, got a bollocking for doing it, ad piss ripped out at de-brief.:lol:

But aye just so daft from police I await Saturday.

So how do people feel about Guthrie now? 2 goals in 4 games (friendlies admitedly), and decent to good performances with tidy passing in every match I've seen him play in.. liked his finish against PSV too. Must admit that I doubt he'll be a Rob Lee world beater, but as of now I'd be happy to see him in our squad until proved otherwise. Nice little signing.

Gutierrez has been everything I've expected from what I saw of him in La Liga, although I didn't expect him to be so strong. Looking forward to see him in a competitive match, if this is how much he puts into friendlies.