Newcastle 2 - 2 PSV Eindhoven - 06/08/08 - post match reaction from page 23

Kev
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

So Duff played good then? Curious..

Nah, that would be stretching it. He was ok, missed some chances. Could have been better.

Guest Alex20

The new signings looked excellent. Job well done.

Overall pretty optimistic, 1-2 more signings and we should be good to go.

Well 2 goals in 7 mins, I should be on the highlights only me and me daughter behind the flag where Geremi took the corner from for the 1st.

All in all not tooo bad, we did treat the ball like a charity donation though, kept giving the fker away.

Guest Guinness

SSN: Keegan denies Smith speculation :(

did he say why he didnt play?

They just said Keegan's said he was injured and speculation linking him to Everton was rubbish, they haven't shown the interview yet although it's coming up.

Guest LucasUnger

Anyone got an update (probably not)  on the Gomis look-a-like in the stands?

WHAT!?!?!

missed that where is it like?

Anyone got an update (probably not)  on the Gomis look-a-like in the stands?

WHAT!?!?!

missed that where is it like?

the cameras zoomed in on him (someone who looked like him) before the match started ... i've just seen speculation is now in another thread

100% improvement from the Mallorca, H Berlin and Doncaster matches. Some great passing, good start and a decent match. Gutierrez looks decent and will only improve within the next couple of months, Milner was very good and Guthrie looked perfect. Not too sure about Nicky Butt, looks past it but hopefully he does some decent performances for us this season.

Smith  :smitten: love it if he leaves us, love it!

Given - 8. some good saves, good kicking and done nothing bad

Beye - 7. looked pretty comfortable

Taylor - 7. got m.o.t.m in the ground, didnt look the best player like but yina, good goal and looked steady

Cacapa - 6. was to blame for their second goal, he jumps far too early.

Enrique - 6. nothing much to do, average performance

Gutierrez - 8. played well, some good little runs and some excellent through balls/crosses, got stuck in aswell

Guthrie - 9. my m.o.t.m tbh, done everything right and took his goal well

Butt - 5. average and looks past it

Duff - 7. was excellent first half, good runs/passes. second half he was ok but he must be lacking fitness or something

Geremi - 6. didnt look too good, was a little bit slow

Milner - 8. considering he was playing like a centre forward-ish role for most of the match, he did very well. won a few headers and put himself about

bassong - 6. nothing to do

donaldson - 6. nothing much to do

edgar -5. looked poor

any more subs?  :razz:

happy with the performance tbh.

Guest neesy111

Any idea on the attendance?

Aboot 10000 I reckon..

i suspect there will be a few going just on back on the performance tonight for saturday

Just in, decent game for a friendly. Whoever is 26 for them went to the Roy Keane school of tackling, filthy fucker.

Jonas - looks tidy, will only get better with more games

Guthrie - never wastes a pass but dissapeared in the second half when we barely kept the ball. Took his goal nicely

Milner - held the ball up better than Smith and was more of a goal threat than Smith. Played pretty well

Duff - was ok, missed a decent one on one on his right foot and also faded second half.

Geremi - put in a good corner for Taylor's goal (Taylor celebrated like it was the best thing EVER) and was ok

Beye - rusty

Cacapa - Solid I thought, should never shoot from 30 yards

Enrique - I like the kid but the more he makes silly errors it annoys me, failed to clear for the second goal. Also offers nothing going forward, which I think Keegan will hold against him.

Butt & Given - Usual stuff

Of the subs, Bassong wasn't really tested (although he absolutely screamed at Enrique at one point), Donaldson made us less of a threat up front if that was possible in the second half and Edgar didn't do much of note.

A fuck load of police went to the "singing section" following someone being thrown out, seemed very unnecessary tbh.