Any one worried?

Guest stjamestoon

Guest stjamestoon

Is anyone slightly worried about the fact that we haven't scored in three pre season friendies..or even looked like it...i must say i watched the whole match lastnight and i could of quite easily turned it off... it was so f***ing boring...didn't ever look like scoring, and i know most people will blame smith, but he wasn't the only player on the pitch...the only one bright spark of the match was that Bassong looked half decent, but apart from that i really feel worried about this season, as i really can't see from that kind of performance how we are going to get anywhere this season.

We look not better now than when Big Sam was in charge, just really really awful.

And i am aware that it was only a friendly and we are missing alot of players, which is fair enough, but lets face it even last season with those players in we hardly did much better...

I just really don't see what we are missing...apart from the abvious for all you sarcastic bastards out there...a chelsea like spending spree...

Slightly. Don't see much difference between the pre season midfield and the midfield we'll put out during the season. Struggled to see where reliable delivery of the ball will come from other than possible Jonas.

Is anyone slightly worried about the fact that we haven't scored in three pre season friendies..or even looked like it...i must say i watched the whole match lastnight and i could of quite easily turned it off... it was so f***ing boring...didn't ever look like scoring, and i know most people will blame smith, but he wasn't the only player on the pitch...the only one bright spark of the match was that Bassong looked half decent, but apart from that i really feel worried about this season, as i really can't see from that kind of performance how we are going to get anywhere this season.

We look not better now than when Big Sam was in charge, just really really awful.

And i am aware that it was only a friendly and we are missing alot of players, which is fair enough, but lets face it even last season with those players in we hardly did much better...

I just really don't see what we are missing...apart from the abvious for all you sarcastic bastards out there...a chelsea like spending spree...

Not you again.

Great replies lads...honestly why do you bother coming onto a football discussion message board?

in fairness mate your starting a new thread on something where we already have two debating this subject.

Here they are...

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=54724.0

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=54733.0

and in answer to your question, I'm not worried, yet.  If we fail to sign someon in the next two weeks I will be a little bit concerned, but hopeful that the club will get players in before the deadline in the two weeks after that.

Guest stjamestoon

Great replies lads...honestly why do you bother coming onto a football discussion message board?

You're not aware that we've been discussing all this in other threads, I take it?

Can't really be arsed to trawl through pages and pages of sarcastic shite, no.

I think the problem is is lack of confidence in midfield no one seems to be making that last pass, and with Smithy not moving around its hard. I think Jonas will with his flair give our midfield with eiter Zoggy or Duff on the left the confidence to challenge defenders, Butt will be a good holding and i think Guthrie can do the job against lower teams but we really need a playmaker if we want to make it in the top half this season. Striker wise if we get a decent striker who has been proven in another league might it be the Polish, ukrainian or norwegian doesnt matter as long as when he gets a chance he makes it and dont look so shite like smithy or shola...

You're not aware that we've been discussing all this in other threads, I take it?

Can't really be arsed to trawl through pages and pages of sarcastic s****, no.

It's not all sarcasm, as soon as you read a post you think is worthless just move on to the next.

Guest stjamestoon

I think the problem is is lack of confidence in midfield no one seems to be making that last pass, and with Smithy not moving around its hard. I think Jonas will with his flair give our midfield with eiter Zoggy or Duff on the left the confidence to challenge defenders, Butt will be a good holding and i think Guthrie can do the job against lower teams but we really need a playmaker if we want to make it in the top half this season. Striker wise if we get a decent striker who has been proven in another league might it be the Polish, ukrainian or norwegian doesnt matter as long as when he gets a chance he makes it and dont look so s**** like smithy or shola...

Very true, i even think Duff is seriously struggling. I found he just runs, looses it, doesn't seem to have it in him to beat players, no direction in any of the midfield, dont really see how bringing in a young, fairly inexperience midfield like Guthrie will help to be honest.

I think the problem is is lack of confidence in midfield no one seems to be making that last pass, and with Smithy not moving around its hard. I think Jonas will with his flair give our midfield with eiter Zoggy or Duff on the left the confidence to challenge defenders, Butt will be a good holding and i think Guthrie can do the job against lower teams but we really need a playmaker if we want to make it in the top half this season. Striker wise if we get a decent striker who has been proven in another league might it be the Polish, ukrainian or norwegian doesnt matter as long as when he gets a chance he makes it and dont look so s**** like smithy or shola...

Very true, i even think Duff is seriously struggling. I found he just runs, looses it, doesn't seem to have it in him to beat players, no direction in any of the midfield, dont really see how bringing in a young, fairly inexperience midfield like Guthrie will help to be honest.

He beat two men the other night and scored a hat-trick before that, the most he's done (or shown) almost since he's been here. KK's going to give him a go and we have to try that.

Disagree with this, I think if anything he is trying to do too much in compensation for the others not supporting him enough.  Against Mallorca he was playing a tempo of football that the rest wasn't up to on the night.

Guest stjamestoon

He beat two men the other night and scored a hat-trick before that, the most he's done (or shown) almost since he's been here. KK's going to give him a go and we have to try that.

True, although thought he seemed a bit crap lastnight,

Fucking petrified if Duff and Smith are our best striking options going into the coming season. But i've just realised that we haven't sold Martins, Owen, Viduka and Carroll so my nerves are calmed a tad.

Fucking petrified if Duff and Smith are our best striking options going into the coming season. But i've just realised that we haven't sold Martins, Owen, Viduka and Carroll so my nerves are calmed a tad.

:lol: