Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Face fucking palm.

Ah well. Ranger could've been good for us, n'all - guess we'll never know. Pretty shit man-management if we're going to let a talent like that completely slip through our fingers. He's got the potential to be a good player.

Precisely. Why look at the situation negatively - which Pardew is clearly doing? Look at making the lad better ffs. No player is beyond salvage.

I would do the same if I know Ranger is extremely easy to get big-headed and complacency.  He is not lacking confidence but the other way round. 

Fail to mention his name in a quote = shit management?

He makes a list of his strikers and makes an effort not to include his name. It was clearly intentional and yeah, i think that's shit management. Kinnear-esque tbh.

I think Ranger deserves being reprimanded for not applying himself as much as he should do. But the guy has been contributing to the club on the pitch, positively, for 18 months now. He's clearly a talent if not having the potential to be a world-beater. To make an example of him already, at such a young age, and particularly in the press, is poor man-management imo.

??? He's specifically not mentioned his name in his list of strikers. The fact he's mentioned Airey is proof of that. He's basically just told the press and every fan that he's got absolutely no plans for one of the biggest young talents in the whole squad. Total garbage.

??? He's specifically not mentioned his name in his list of strikers. The fact he's mentioned Airey is proof of that. He's basically just told the press and every fan that he's got absolutely no plans for one of the biggest young talents in the whole squad. Total garbage.

Except he hasn't told them that. Implied it perhaps, it depends how you read it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Man, can't believe he didn't mention Andy Carroll, or Dan Taylor, or Aaron Spear, man, this guy is a joke. Not even mentioning pass legends like Alan Shearer, Peter Beardsley, Andy Cole and David Kelly. Oh this guy is terrible. BOO THIS MAN!

:lol:

All I'm saying is, all he did is not mention his name. People are just reading into it too much, it doesn't mean anything.

And it certainly isn't an indication of whether he has a future here or not.

I think Ranger deserves being reprimanded for not applying himself as much as he should do. But the guy has been contributing to the club on the pitch, positively, for 18 months now. He's clearly a talent if not having the potential to be a world-beater. To make an example of him already, at such a young age, and particularly in the press, is poor man-management imo.

1.  Other than against Liverpool, his contribution is very limited this season, and I can see a downward trend for his effort.

2.  Put it in an other way - Phil Airey may be training very well and Pardew want to give the lad some praise.  What's wrong with that then?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol:

All I'm saying is, all he did is not mention his name. People are just reading into it too much, it doesn't mean anything.

And it certainly isn't an indication of whether he has a future here or not.

:thup:

Man, can't believe he didn't mention Andy Carroll, or Dan Taylor, or Aaron Spear, man, this guy is a joke. Not even mentioning pass legends like Alan Shearer, Peter Beardsley, Andy Cole and David Kelly. Oh this guy is terrible. BOO THIS MAN!

:rolleyes: Shit post.

Hold my hands up entirely - i find it very difficult to like Pardew. To me it reads as if he wants nowt to do with Ranger. Apologies for harbouring this opinion.

:rolleyes: s*** post.

Hold my hands up entirely - i find it very difficult to like Pardew. To me it reads as if he wants nowt to do with Ranger. Apologies for harbouring this opinion.

Howay man, nobody's saying you aren't allowed an opinion.

But to say "Ah well. Ranger could've been good for us, n'all - guess we'll never know" is taking things a tad too far :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:rolleyes: Shit post.

I wouldn't have had to stoop to such lows if you hadn't knocked yourself stupid with your insane knee jerk. Ho'way Yorkie - MOST IMPROVED! MOST IMPROVED! He's already provided Ranger with the chances since taking over, its not as if he's frozen him out completely.

Good point there Obi  :nope:

Guest Heneage

:rolleyes: s*** post.

That's the problem right there. You are being ruled by prejudices you hold over Pardew.

IF and that's a sizable if, Pardew has intentionally left his name out, I would imagine it's him again trying to spark a reaction from Ranger due to his persistent poor time keeping etc.

I can only imagine that Pardew is trying to make it clear, in no uncertain terms that Ranger needs to seriously buck up his ideas. And i reckon he's come to that conclusion from seeing him day in and day out.

The bloke's got to want to become better before anyone at the club can help him improve.