Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Man, can't believe he didn't mention Andy Carroll, or Dan Taylor, or Aaron Spear, man, this guy is a joke. Not even mentioning pass legends like Alan Shearer, Peter Beardsley, Andy Cole and David Kelly. Oh this guy is terrible. BOO THIS MAN!

Good point there Obi  :nope:

You're a very confusing, or possibly disturbed individual.  :lol:

Man, can't believe he didn't mention Andy Carroll, or Dan Taylor, or Aaron Spear, man, this guy is a joke. Not even mentioning pass legends like Alan Shearer, Peter Beardsley, Andy Cole and David Kelly. Oh this guy is terrible. BOO THIS MAN!

:rolleyes: s*** post.

Hold my hands up entirely - i find it very difficult to like Pardew. To me it reads as if he wants nowt to do with Ranger. Apologies for harbouring this opinion.

That's the problem right there. You are being ruled by prejudices you hold over Pardew.

IF and that's a sizable if, Pardew has intentionally left his name out, I would imagine it's him again trying to spark a reaction from Ranger due to his persistent poor time keeping etc.

Can't see that sparking anything but anger/frustration tbh. I know I would get frustrated anyway.

And I don't think it's poor time keeping it's about btw. IIRC Pardew denied just that.

Good point there Obi  :nope:

You're a very confusing, or possibly disturbed individual.  :lol:

Or just sarcastic - possibly:)

Hold my hands up entirely - i find it very difficult to like Pardew. To me it reads as if he wants nowt to do with Ranger. Apologies for harbouring this opinion.

That's the problem right there. You are being ruled by prejudices you hold over Pardew.

IF and that's a sizable if, Pardew has intentionally left his name out, I would imagine it's him again trying to spark a reaction from Ranger due to his persistent poor time keeping etc.

Can't see that sparking anything but anger/frustration tbh. I know I would get frustrated anyway.

Frustrated that someone would think that lowly of you, thereby making you want to prove them wrong?

Guest Heneage

True but you also supported his behaviour in the first place. He needs to try and be a 'Professional' Footballer.

I can only imagine that Pardew is trying to make it clear, in no uncertain terms that Ranger needs to seriously buck up his ideas. And i reckon he's come to that conclusion from seeing him day in and day out.

The bloke's got to want to become better before anyone at the club can help him improve.

Exactly  :clap: Only thing is, is he aware of that himself? Might sound corny, but someone at the club should sit down with him and have a really long talk about his future and potential with him. He has the tools to become a good player no doubt, but to be a professional, you got to act like one.

Frustrated that someone would think that lowly of you, thereby making you want to prove them wrong?

Frustrated with not being acknowledged. Frustrated of hearing people who have a couple of minutes off the bench and proven nowt, being in front of you in the line.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Airey was missing from reserve game today, Nile played scored a hatrick.

Is Airey now with the 1st team and Nile back to the reserves or was it a case of it being a big game Nile got the nod ?

Possibly. I'd laugh if Airey grabbed this out of the blue chance and became a much better player I had previously gave him credit for. Pardew unintentional masterstroke!

Frustrated with not being acknowledged. Frustrated of hearing people who have a couple of minutes off the bench and proven nowt, being in front of you in the line.

Isn't that Nile Ranger? Glimpses of potential, but when its really mattered, shown very little.

Guest Heneage

He's not scored a league goal this season.

It's not like he hasn't had his chances. And Best did score a hattrick.

Is Airey now with the 1st team and Nile back to the reserves or was it a case of it being a big game Nile got the nod ?

Possibly. I'd laugh if Airey grabbed this out of the blue chance and became a much better player I had previously gave him credit for. Pardew unintentional masterstroke!

Isn't that Nile Ranger? Glimpses of potential, but when its really mattered, shown very little.

No, that's Airey. Ranger has shown he has the potential to make it in the top flight. The goals will come, as it did with Carroll.

True that, but he's young and will only get better (if Pardew manages to talk him some sense(not like his media quote's, no). Best did score a hattrick, but he was also given a chance from start.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

No, that's Airey. Ranger has shown he has the potential to make it in the top flight. The goals will come, as it did with Carroll.

By that logic no youngster EVER should be given a chance. How do you think Ranger got his chance? Likewise Carroll? For what its worth, Nile Ranger has shown time and time again this season that he can't finish in the top flight. Reserves? He's a superstar. Even the Championship he didn't look like he was lethal, a league where Ameobi and Lovenkrands looked like threats.

True that, but he's young and will only get better (if Pardew manages to talk him some sense(not like his media quote's, no). Best did score a hattrick, but he was also given a chance from start.

Tbf you don't know what Pardew is saying to him outside of the media.

True but you also supported his behaviour in the first place. He needs to try and be a 'Professional' Footballer.

Didn't Pardew say he was only late once ?