Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

As funny as it is, it just shows how much interest Ranger has in this club - zero, apart from his wages.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Kaizero/tumblr_lfrdr2ft581qf8yek.gif?t=1304758516

Guest Stephen927

As funny as it is, it just shows how much interest Ranger has in this club - zero, apart from his wages.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Kaizero/tumblr_lfrdr2ft581qf8yek.gif?t=1304758516

Is it not a fair point?

bit from an interview with lovenkrands in the mail but this made me laugh

‘We were playing Arsenal away and we were warming up in the corner. Nicklas Bendtner came running down and obviously we started talking to each other in Danish.

‘When he ran away again, Nile turned to me and said “do you talk Danish?” and I said “WHAT? What are you talking about?” Then he said “But aren’t you erm, erm...’ And I said “Scottish?” He said “yeah, that’s it”. I couldn’t believe it.

‘All the time I have been here and because of my Scottish accent, he just presumed that is where I was from. Never realised I was Danish. I told all the lads and they have been taking the mick out of him ever since.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1384404/Newcastles-Peter-Lovenkrands-talks-Sportsmail.html#ixzz1Lc0muP00

:lol:

What a tool.

Is it not a fair point?

No, as going by his post history on the subject all he's ever done is trashtalk Ranger so for him it's just another opportunity to link something bad to him. I think it's a case of Ranger being dim rather than not giving a shit about things. I dare say that it's quite certain that whilst he's not been good enough this season by far, he still wants his team to win when he's out there playing.

Guest Stephen927

Everything I have read about him lately suggests to me he doesn't care. Turning down extra sessions with Nolan after training, his punctuality problems...

The lad should be waking up every morning thankful such a big club came in for him after he was sacked. Who did he fail that trial with before signing for us? ....

To me it just feels like his ego is ten sizes too big rather than not caring about winning with his team. He thinks he's the finished product and acts that way, in no way does that imply he doesn't actively want his team to win, though.

Obviously neither a massive ego or not caring is a good thing, mind. And he really needs a reality check asap or I too think he's a lost cause. I just think it's a long stretch to go from massive ego to saying he gives absolutely no shit about the club while he's at it, i.e. implying he doesn't even care about his team winning/getting results. That said, I can imagine Ranger being the type of person that won't give a shit about his history after leaving a club due to his ego, mind.

Everything I have read about him lately suggests to me he doesn't care. Turning down extra sessions with Nolan after training, his punctuality problems...

The lad should be waking up every morning thankful such a big club came in for him after he was sacked. Who did he fail that trial with before signing for us? ....

I don't think he failed the trial, was sacked stealing I think.

Guest Stephen927

I don't think he failed the trial, was sacked stealing I think.

Was sacked from Southampton then had a trial with a League One club iirc but they decided against signing him. Then we stepped in.

Thing I find strange about the story.. Ranger did not know Lovenkrands. is Danish, so did he know Bendtner is Danish ? or are we saying that Nile recognized the Danish language ?

bit from an interview with lovenkrands in the mail but this made me laugh

‘We were playing Arsenal away and we were warming up in the corner. Nicklas Bendtner came running down and obviously we started talking to each other in Danish.

‘When he ran away again, Nile turned to me and said “do you talk Danish?” and I said “WHAT? What are you talking about?” Then he said “But aren’t you erm, erm...’ And I said “Scottish?” He said “yeah, that’s it”. I couldn’t believe it.

‘All the time I have been here and because of my Scottish accent, he just presumed that is where I was from. Never realised I was Danish. I told all the lads and they have been taking the mick out of him ever since.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1384404/Newcastles-Peter-Lovenkrands-talks-Sportsmail.html#ixzz1Lc0muP00

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Thing I find strange about the story.. Ranger did not know Lovenkrands. is Danish, so did he know Bendtner is Danish ? or are we saying that Nile recognized the Danish language ?

Imagine if he was some Linguist Genius and knew over 28 languages.  :lol:

I'd pay money just to watch Ranger try and spell Linguist.

Was probably paraphrasing.  Bet the actual question was "do you know foreign?"

I'd not, that'd be wasted money on a boring session with a predictable outcome.