Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest dogbeak

get him out on loan to a lower league club, preferably in a small town with one pub and a post office.

fella needs to get a taste for goals.

Guest Nikos34

The lad has only been given 1 Premier League start all season. He gets a lot of unfair 'footballing' criticism on here in my opinion. If he'd have had a good run of games he would have definitely scored a few, I'm sure of it.

The lad has only been given 1 Premier League start all season. He gets a lot of unfair 'footballing' criticism on here in my opinion. If he'd have had a good run of games he would have definitely scored a few, I'm sure of it.

Every time this argument is posted in the future, I shall quote this:

Honestly that miss against West Ham :lol: If I didn't laugh, I'd cry.

The more I see it, the worse it gets.

Imagine if it was 0-0 or we were getting beat at the time. :lol:

:lol:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dbw587.jpg

Honestly man :lol:

Regardless of how little he's played, his touch in front of goal has been woeful at times. Most criticism has been just IMO.

His shit finishing could be put down to nerves, breaking his duck could do him a world of good. His record for the reserves was class, and although it's differant competition all together it still shows that his accuracy ay not be as woeful as it seems, the rest of his game is spot on, still a bit raw like, but he'll iron out the creases in time.

oh, and :lol: at anyone wanting rid at this early point like

Guest Mantis

If he bothered getting to training on time and put the effort in, he might have had more starts.  It is not just Pardew who has chosen not to start with him.

Would give him 90 minutes on Sunday, needs all the pitch time he can get.

I guess that, logically, he should perform better at home (compared to his appearance against Villa). Logically.....

Any other footballer at this club, from any other upbringing, and this photo would not mean anything. I know the guy has made some questionable decisions (at at the age of 20, he should be more mature), but the media likes to perpetuate this sort of thing. The scrutiny will be increased because of who is involved.

As for his career, he clearly has the physical attributes to succeed, but he hasn't really been given a good shot so far. I would like to at least keep him contracted to the club (he can be on loan) a few more seasons to see what he can make of it. Until that point, we should accept some aspects of him and work on fixing others.

Guest johnson293
Cops set to probe gun pose Toon ace Nile Ranger

By ROBIN PERRIE

Published: Today

FOOTBALL ace Nile Ranger may be quizzed by cops - after The Sun revealed a picture of him holding a gun while posing like a gangster.

The 20-year-old Newcastle United striker handed the firearm - a gas- powered BB gun - to club bosses after we told them about the snap.

They passed the weapon straight to cops who could now investigate the Toon player.

Last night a source said: "Possession of a BB gun is not illegal, so Nile having it isn't a crime.

"But the use of guns like this can be criminal if used to threaten someone. Officers will want to check the gun's history."

A Northumbria Police spokesman said: "Inquiries will be conducted with the player about the exact circumstances of this incident.

"Any glorification of the use of guns is a concern to us.

"We look to the individual and club to ensure the matter is appropriately dealt with."

The Sun told yesterday how Ranger, from North London, is an ex-gang member who vowed to change his ways.

:rolleyes:

Any other footballer at this club, from any other upbringing, and this photo would not mean anything. I know the guy has made some questionable decisions (at at the age of 20, he should be more mature), but the media likes to perpetuate this sort of thing. The scrutiny will be increased because of who is involved.

As for his career, he clearly has the physical attributes to succeed, but he hasn't really been given a good shot so far. I would like to at least keep him contracted to the club (he can be on loan) a few more seasons to see what he can make of it. Until that point, we should accept some aspects of him and work on fixing others.

Excellent post IMO. Agree with all you say.

Cops set to probe gun pose Toon ace Nile Ranger

Last night a source said: "Possession of a BB gun is not illegal, so Nile having it isn't a crime.

:rolleyes:

Stopped reading there.

The Sun are really tring to drag this one out, how long did the uproar against Cole shooting someone last?

Excellent post IMO. Agree with all you say.

Same, and this gun thing seems like absolutely nothing to me anyway.

Guest Roger Kint

Would give him 90 minutes on Sunday, needs all the pitch time he can get.

He needs to earn it, if he actually applied himself in training then i am sure he would have started a fair few by now. His lack of gametime is largely his own fault imo reading Pardews quotes since he has been here.

I don't care who is involved.

I must be in the minority of people who thinks footballers shouldn't be posing for photos with a gun (whether it's real, plastic or BB). It was a stupid thing to do.

I must be in the minority of people who thinks footballers shouldn't be posing for photos with a gun (whether it's real, plastic or BB). It was a stupid thing to do.

Obviously it was a stupid thing to do, but it was in private, just a bit of fun and doesn't mean he goes around shooting people. It may also have been some time ago, no idea when the photo was from.

Anyway, it was unwise and he does have some attitude issues to work on, but I don't think we need to go too far over it.

Obviously it was a stupid thing to do, but it was in private, just a bit of fun and doesn't mean he goes around shooting people. It may also have been some time ago, no idea when the photo was from.

Anyway, it was unwise and he does have some attitude issues to work on, but I don't think we need to go too far over it.

Which is completely and utterly fine. He can do whatever he likes in his own home.

But when he poses for a photo and that photo gets out, that's when it becomes unacceptable. I wouldn't like my kids to see a young NUFC footballer doing something like that.

I agree, but it's not really his fault if something that was private is made public by the tabloids. Saying that, he obviously is a role model and needs to learn that any photo/video/recording can get out these days.

Hopefully he'll learn from this experience and not pose for any gangster photo shoots in future.