Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

I agree, but it's not really his fault if something that was private is made public by the tabloids. Saying that, he obviously is a role model and needs to learn that any photo/video/recording can get out these days.

Hopefully he'll learn from this experience and not pose for any gangster photo shoots in future.

Yup.

Guest Roger Kint

I don't care who is involved.

I must be in the minority of people who thinks footballers shouldn't be posing for photos with a gun (whether it's real, plastic or BB). It was a stupid thing to do.

To be honest who it is does matter in this case even if the whole thing is blown out of proportion. We are talking about a player who has a criminal record for his part in an armed robbery, he really should have learnt something through experience that told him how it might look. What this photo really says is this is a complete fucktard whose attitude will forever hold back his career until he does something about it. People can say he needs games/has potential etc but until he wants to work on it he wont get anywhere.

Guest michaelfoster

If he wants to pose with a gun then fine do it at home but don't let someone take a photo ffs, nobodys fault except himself.

Im not sure why people are suprised the police may look into this, if it is a bb gun then you need a licence to own one.

I can see Pardew losing patience with him very soon if he doesn't change his attitude

I don't care who is involved.

I must be in the minority of people who thinks footballers shouldn't be posing for photos with a gun (whether it's real, plastic or BB). It was a stupid thing to do.

Obviously it was a stupid thing to do, but it was in private, just a bit of fun and doesn't mean he goes around shooting people. It may also have been some time ago, no idea when the photo was from.

Anyway, it was unwise and he does have some attitude issues to work on, but I don't think we need to go too far over it.

Which is completely and utterly fine. He can do whatever he likes in his own home.

But when he poses for a photo and that photo gets out, that's when it becomes unacceptable. I wouldn't like my kids to see a young NUFC footballer doing something like that.

You have kids!? I always thought you were a jaffa.

If he wants to pose with a gun then fine do it at home but don't let someone take a photo ffs, nobodys fault except himself.

Im not sure why people are suprised the police may look into this, if it is a bb gun then you need a licence to own one.

I can see Pardew losing patience with him very soon if he doesn't change his attitude

Since when have you needed a licence for a BB Gun?  He's over 18 which makes it legal for him to own one.

Guest michaelfoster

Since when have you needed a licence for a BB Gun?  He's over 18 which makes it legal for him to own one.

sorry you are correct. he's still a complete tool for posing for a photo with a gun and can still see him being sold if he doesnt buck his ideas up

sorry you are correct. he's still a complete tool for posing for a photo with a gun and can still see him being sold if he doesnt buck his ideas up

I don't see a problem with the photo other than it seems a bit childish but I don't know in what context the photo was taken.

I don't see a problem with the photo other than it seems a bit childish but I don't know in what context the photo was taken.

This is the key point everyone is forgetting. He was a representin' 4 da Muswell Hill massive at the time of the photo then I don't see a problem with it.

Andy Carroll is also a massive tool and in fact caused real injury to more than one person. It didn't stop Liverpool form spending £35m on him or England calling him up. What sort of message does that send to young kids?

I played with toy guns for my entire childhood, and swords, bows and arrows and all that.

Didn't do me any harm - I've only killed a small number of people.

The difference is that you were probably 6 years old at the time.

I played with toy guns for my entire childhood, and swords, bows and arrows and all that.

Didn't do me any harm - I've only killed a small number of people.

The difference is that you were probably 6 years old at the time.

True, I was led down the wrong path early in life. My grandad even gave me a taste of his beer once!

Lets be honest, gun photo or no gun photo, the guy is a grade A prat who quite clearly needs bringing down a peg or two. Unsure why people are so quick to jump to his defence.

I tend to agree in a way, but I still don't know if the photo was taken 3 or 4 years ago.

Lets be honest, gun photo or no gun photo, the guy is a grade A prat who quite clearly needs bringing down a peg or two. Unsure why people are so quick to jump to his defence.

I, on the other hand, fail to understand why so many are quick to condemn him - like they never made mistakes in their lives?

I think he'll make the grade as a player, don't know about as a person but he has time on his side for both.

Because I still see some promise in there. Like I said earlier I'd rather get shot of a has been who behaves impeccably given the choice.

Exactly.

I, on the other hand, fail to understand why so many are quick to condemn him - like they never made mistakes in their lives?

I think he'll make the grade as a player, don't know about as a person but he has time on his side for both.

Exactly!

Don't get me wrong, some are far too quick to mount the proverbial high horse, it's simply a result of what happens when you give young lads such a ridiculous sum of money. On top of that, lot's of them have come from unsavoury backgrounds and resort to type. You don't have to read far into a paper to find an article about some young footballer who's been in bother with the law.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't expect better behaviour. Ranger has had a handful of decent cameo's but he's shown little in the way of natural footballing ability, it's something he'll have to work on. People dismiss claims he isn't good enough citing the development of Carroll, but that didn't happen by accident. Carroll was and still is a little s**** but there's no doubt he'll of grafted his balls of to become the player he is. Yet with Ranger all you get is strories of his lack of effort in training or picture of him him posing like a tit in some bar. It's down to him really, if he's happy to become a garden varity lower league striker he can carry on the way he is, if he wants to make something of himself the less we hear/see from him the better quite frankly.

He badly needs to be loaned out, but if a big enough bid came in I'd have no qualms about shipping him.

Would give him 90 minutes on Sunday, needs all the pitch time he can get.

He needs to earn it, if he actually applied himself in training then i am sure he would have started a fair few by now. His lack of gametime is largely his own fault imo reading Pardews quotes since he has been here.

Maybe, but sometimes with a character such as him, a show of faith tends to go further than it would for any other player. You can tell he's the type who needs to feel special and be told he is doing well etc.

All well and good saying he needs to earn it, he's probably never earned anything in his life, so feels victimised when he's told he has to work for something. Different techniques work for different types of people.