Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Guest Geordiesned

He apologised to me in Perdu last Wednesday. Genuine nice guy.

What time was that? Breaching his bail conditions again?

Guest neesy111

If Chelsea can sack 2 players for letting off a smoke bomb, then we can sack this waste of space.  Most clubs have similar code of conducts.

If Chelsea can sack 2 players for letting off a smoke bomb, then we can sack this waste of space.  Most clubs have similar code of conducts.

Just the one wasnt it? Other got fined. Difference is Chelsea are loaded and he was on a shorter cheaper contract to ranger and from all accounts isn't that much of a prospect either.

But would we sack him in the same situation? Not sure, it would be a thousand times easier for sure but I still think we'd bottle it.

Guest neesy111

he still retains some value as a footballer, potentially, ashley would never release

see barton, joseph

We'll save more on wages, (he's on 15k a week) than what we'll get for selling him.  (250k max imo), we tried getting rid in the summer & only Blackpool were interested.

Guest neesy111

what other reason is there for him still being at the club then?

They can't sack him until he is convicted (innocent until proven guilty in a democracy).

Annoyingly he's a good player.

Since when?

Well, let me rephrase, he's not bad for 20. Looked like he'd be better, mind.

He seems just to have a decent physical aspect of his game and lacking in every other department. Although it is only natural he's going to be fit and fast after all his time spent bumping Blueline Taxi drivers for £3 fares.

I really hope we get shot of the horrible cunt soon.

Guest SuperShola!

Apparently he set up both goals for the reserve team last night.... I think... He's still a bellend.

Has talent & ability but his horrific attitude over shadows all of the good stuff by a mile, he is a complete and utter cast iron prick. How many chances has he had to sort himself out and he still persists on being a fkn clown.

He played well until he got in the box last night,  his general play and hold up play was decent but he is terrible in front of goal.  Should have scored 3 yesterday but missed 3 pretty simple chances, two one on ones, the first was shocking ran clear with the keeper to beat, no defender anywhere near but just ended up running into the keeper when he eventually decided to try and go round him.

Newcastle ace Ranger has the ability to be a star

By MILES STARFORTH

Published on Wednesday 21 March 2012 12:02

NILE Ranger has the attributes to become “a hell of a player” if he can apply himself on and off the field, according to Willie Donachie.

The striker made his comeback from injury for Newcastle United’s reserves in last night’s 4-2 defeat to Chelsea in front of 400 fans at Whitley Park.

Ranger, who suffered an ankle problem playing for loan club Barnsley in January, had a hand in both Newcastle’s goals, scored by Ryan Donaldson and Jeff Henderson, and second string coach Donachie was impressed with his all-round performance.

The 20-year-old showed immense promise early in his career at the club.

However, his time on Tyneside has also been beset by off-the-field issues.

Ranger’s potential as a footballer isn’t in doubt, and Donachie just hopes he’s able to fulfil it.

“Nile could be a really good player if his attitude was good,” Donachie told the Gazette. “He has still got a lot of growing up to do.

“He has a lot going for him. Nile’s so privileged to be playing for Newcastle.

“Everybody in Newcastle would give their right arm to be doing what he’s doing.

Davide Santon has character to succeed at Newcastle

“He is gifted with a physique and speed that, if you weren’t born with it, you can’t give it to somebody.

“It can be very frustrating, because some of the other lads who are leaving have a spot-on attitude.

“Unfortunately, they haven’t got his gifts. If he gets a bit of their attitude, he could be a hell of a player.”

Chelsea included £18m striker Romelu Lukaku in their team, and he scored two goals, with Billy Clifford and Nathaniel Chalobah also on target for the visitors.

Donachie said: “We said to them before the game that Chelsea’s reserve team’s frontline cost £20m.

“I also said I hate losing, but I was proud of their efforts. The lads gave everything they had.

“There was just a little lack of quality, we gave the ball away, and they hit us on the break.”

NEWCASTLE UNITED: Alnwick; Airey, Henderson, Kitchen, Riley; Maddison (D Taylor, 46), Logan (Miele, 46), Richardson, Moyo (Hooper. 62); Donaldson; Ranger. Subs not used: Baird, Storey.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/newcastle-ace-ranger-has-the-ability-to-be-a-star-1-4368939#.T2nOPdNhFOc.twitter