Nile Ranger

stozo

People say he's got talent but has he? He hardly looked lethal in the games he's played missed a few sitters, scored one tap in and one that you'd hope a striker would score. If on top of that he's being a c*** and with the latest claims of bother with Simpson just get him a train ticket to his 'Endz' and let him be on his way.

He has shown good ability to hold the ball up and at times good vision even if he should have been more selfish. When he was last getting half a run in the team Carroll looked about as prolific as a rich tea biscuit the differrence is Carroll was given a good run started banging them in for fun. Should be a lesson in that.

Carroll's run of games were in the Premier League not the Championship.

They weren't like, up until January, Carroll was falling well short of what we needed even in the CCC.

People say he's got talent but has he? He hardly looked lethal in the games he's played missed a few sitters, scored one tap in and one that you'd hope a striker would score. If on top of that he's being a c*** and with the latest claims of bother with Simpson just get him a train ticket to his 'Endz' and let him be on his way.

He has shown good ability to hold the ball up and at times good vision even if he should have been more selfish. When he was last getting half a run in the team Carroll looked about as prolific as a rich tea biscuit the differrence is Carroll was given a good run started banging them in for fun. Should be a lesson in that.

They weren't like, up until January, Carroll was falling well short of what we needed even in the CCC.

True.

Then again, Ranger just doesn't look like a striker at all.

true but at least even in his worst times he looked a remote goal threat, ranger does not

Guest Heneage

I was assuming he was talking about the last 8 or so games towards back of last season. But as JDC said if you wanna go off the start of the championship, Carroll looked more of a threat than Ranger has.

true but at least even in his worst times he looked a remote goal threat, ranger does not

Opinion - I've seen Ranger miss a number of good chances and score twice. In my eyes "not being a goal threat" is someone like Leon Best who is so awful that he doesn't get chances. Ranger's only started 7 games and is 19 years old (today!) ffs. Talk about being written off.

Up until the end of January, Carroll had only four goals and was starting most games.

Guest dover

:clap:

Opinion - I've seen Ranger miss a number of good chances and score twice. In my eyes "not being a goal threat" is someone like Leon Best who is so awful that he doesn't get chances. Ranger's only started 7 games and is 19 years old (today!) ffs. Talk about being written off.

Up until the end of January, Carroll had only four goals and was starting most games.

Neither should be written off at the moment.  Obviously you'll still get idiots, saying get rid after a handful of games.

As for causing bother, can't we try and sort his head out ourselves?  Or just grin and bear it, like teams have done with the likes of Bellamy. 

well said. loan him out for the duration of next season then we can get a better picture of his potential. the people talking of selling him now need to calm the fuck down.

Guest Heneage

Right but Leon Best for about 10 for an ok Coventry side, could you see Ranger doing that? Also note Best isn't going round town making a complete twat of himself.

Right but Leon Best for about 10 for an ok Coventry side, could you see Ranger doing that? Also note Best isn't going round town making a complete twat of himself.

Given a run of games I can't see why not, Ranger in his cameos has looked more of a threat than Best has for us.

Guest Heneage

Right but Leon Best for about 10 for an ok Coventry side, could you see Ranger doing that? Also note Best isn't going round town making a complete t*** of himself.

Given a run of games I can't see why not, Ranger in his cameos has looked more of a threat than Best has for us.

I'd put them on par tbh.

The club bought Ranger knowing he was a worky ticket with a dodgy past. I don't see what's changed since then. The club should have him under control by now, as they should Carroll and rest of the squad who frequent town too much.

Its the clubs fault as much as anybody elses, imo.

Leon Best's 23 with at least three seasons of playing week-in, week-out in the Championship under his belt for Christ's sake. Can you honestly not see the difference?

If he's doing the business on the pitch, I couldn't give a flying fuck what he's doing in town tbh. If we're talking about being an arsehole in town, we'd have been in bother if we'd hoyed Carroll on the scrapheap this season.

Guest Heneage

Right but Leon Best for about 10 for an ok Coventry side, could you see Ranger doing that? Also note Best isn't going round town making a complete t*** of himself.

Leon Best's 23 with at least three seasons of playing week-in, week-out in the Championship under his belt for Christ's sake. Can you honestly not see the difference?

I'm failing to see where I said Best was a better striker than Ranger or 'more of a threat' I commented SOLELY on Ranger's performances. So 'for christ sake' can you not see the difference. Ranger is an average striker that will dip between L1 and CCC for the rest of his career partly due to his sheer lack of professionalism.

I'd put them on par tbh.

Makes me think you've not seen either of them play tbh.

I'm failing to see where I said Best was a better striker than Ranger or 'more of a threat' I commented SOLELY on Ranger's performances. So 'for christ sake' can you not see the difference. Ranger is an average striker that will dip between L1 and CCC for the rest of his career partly due to his sheer lack of professionalism.

You said "can you see Ranger doing that?"

Yes, because he's a miles better player than Best is.

Guest Heneage

You said "can you see Ranger doing that?"

Yes, because he's a miles better player than Best is.

25 games 2 goals scored. Miles better?  O0 :facepalm:

You're thinking of Andy Carroll.