Sunday Gossip

Thespence

Guest ObaStar

we are def not going in for xavi. If Keegan said we are gonna get 2 more this week plus Coloccini then those 2 deals must be almost done and that takes so long to do. There is no way the if Xavi was one of them it would have been this quiet. Not to mention if he wanted to come to the premier league he could play for any club and would most likely go to liverpool as they are looking for a cm and rafa is spanish. One of the other 2 is probably warnock and the third maybe that swiss striker i dunno.

I don't get the Warnock transfer.  Enrique is getting better and needs more games to keep improving.  Also isn't Bassong also an option for left back? with Taylor, Faye, Cacapa and Coloccini expected to be ahead of him I can't see how he would ever get a game at centre back.

What we really need is a decent young right back to cover Beye.

Guest Coubury

we are def not going in for xavi. If Keegan said we are gonna get 2 more this week plus Coloccini then those 2 deals must be almost done and that takes so long to do. There is no way the if Xavi was one of them it would have been this quiet. Not to mention if he wanted to come to the premier league he could play for any club and would most likely go to liverpool as they are looking for a cm and rafa is spanish. One of the other 2 is probably warnock and the third maybe that swiss striker i dunno.

will he start before Gerrard or Mascherano, doubt it

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

So Gareth Barry's going there to warm the bench?

SUNDAY PEOPLE

Barcelona midfield star Xavi could be on his way to Newcastle.

That's one way to replace Nicky Butt!   :cheesy:

The crack which the writers at the Sunday People smoke must be very strong, tbh...

Guest Coubury

Barry can play on the left

Barry can play on the left

And Gerrard can play down the right.

Guest Coubury

He would play in the centre, thats why torres got so many goals last season the have babel/kuyt for the right hand side

He would play in the centre, thats why torres got so many goals last season the have babel/kuyt for the right hand side

With Gerrard in the hole in front of Alonso and Mascherano.

If Liverpool go to a 4-4-2 and had the chance to sign Xavi then Gerrard would go to the right.

Babel plays down the left btw.

One of the interviews I've seen with Keegan implied that he needed other clubs to get deals done before we could move.

Any thoughts?

I don't think he meant anyone specific. Just said when it starts getting busier someone might become available and we'll be there sniffing around like everyone else.

One of the interviews I've seen with Keegan implied that he needed other clubs to get deals done before we could move.

Any thoughts?

Smith and Faye out before we move in for replacements?

I think you could be right about Faye being on his way.

Any thoughts?

Is that just a hunch?  ???

Any thoughts?

Is that just a hunch?  ???

Yeah. We have signed two chaps to play CB, given Taylor a new deal & we have Cacapa & Edgar to cover them 3. I also cant see Keegan putting him midfield. I like Faye I just think he is maybe one of them that will move on as there is nowhere for him to go & he will want to be a starter. He is also a player other clubs will bid for.