Corporate Meeting with Ashley (rumours)

Guest sicko2ndbest

This idea of the big-name signing which is being kept quiet has been doing the rounds. I'm prepared to dream. SWP or Berbatov, I wouldn't be fussy.

In a weird way I reckon it would be feasible to have done a deal for Berbatov on the quiet.

Spurs don't want to sell to Man U, so leaking any details to the press would be counter productive to them.

Its in our interest (and control) not to speak out.

The agent could be paid a 'professional fee' to keep schtum.

Can't see us signing Dimi however, just speculating on would we be able to keep it under wraps

If that was true i'd dance for 3 days solid without toilet breaks.

Why would Berbatov come to Newcastle?  The squad being assembled at Spuds is looking very impressive (prepares to be shot at from several directions) and if I were a player with any sort of ambition I would think that Spurs are moving in the right direction having spent close on £50m this window!

Thinking back wasn't he supposed he be a huge fan of Shearer when he was a kid and all that??

It's all flooding back, sorry gents had a read of Berbatov on Wikipedia and low and behold he dreams of becoming a Toon player one day!

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

Anyone want to Roll out the whole...Berba loves the toon picture and shpiel?

source?

Im bulgarian and i can tell you that Dimitar is a huge Newcastle fan and Shearer was his childhood idol.

So i think in that perspective he'll be interested in some way to join us.

Also playing alongside Owen will be honour for him.

Cant see it happening though.

I am not saying all or any of it is true.  However, you would have to be some bored mother fucker to sit and come up with that much detail.

Sure there is some truth in some of it, whether made up or not... it is plausible.

A Big signing I can see happening - hence the wall of silence.  I am sure it will not be a trophy signing but a class one to put us on the map and get the fans going in a big way [hopes]

Based on the season ticket sales they could do with hurrying up the big signing because I think there are plenty of unsold seats left this year.

I'm quite confident that if the club were aiming to shift ST's by making a couple of big signings, it would all be part of a planned out business and marketing plan, that would materialize at the right time. For this reason, and knowing Ashley's penchant for the sensational, I wouldn't be surprised if we were pleasantly surprised by events unfolding at tomorrow's open day.

Guest Magpie007

not sure if this has ben metioned yet but last year a story went around about A saying he already had a big name player that was going to shock the world of football who would sign for us this summer theres prob a link somewhere on this site about it.

not sure if this has ben metioned yet but last year a story went around about A saying he already had a big name player that was going to shock the world of football who would sign for us this summer theres prob a link somewhere on this site about it.

Yeah I remember but did it have a direct quote from him?

for me, introducing a signing "that was going to shock the world of football" at an open training session is hardly the biggest platform on which to do.

If they did however, hats off.  That would really show we are a CLUB and not the media dart board they would like to think we are.

That would make no sense given KK was not here.... unless of course he likes the said player!!

Guest ObaStar

“He even used to sleep in his Newcastle shirt! It’s that special to him.

“Dimitar told me it was his dream to play for Newcastle United one day and wear the same shirt as Alan Shearer, who is my son’s hero.

“Shearer was a major inspiration for him to work hard for himself and the team. He liked the fact that Alan Shearer scored goals but was not a selfish player.

“Dimitar thinks this shirt may even have been a sign he was meant to play in England.”

hey hey we are in business

“His old schoolmate Mario Bekov, who has known Berbatov for 20 years, said his admiration for the former Toon ace bordered on obsession. "Dimitar never missed a Newcastle game when it was on television. And Shearer was up there with Pele as a God for him.” Another pal, Stefan Damianov, recalled how Berbatov considered himself to be an honorary Geordie as he followed the Toon and grew up. He said: “People in this part of Bulgaria like the Newcastle team especially and identify themselves with the football-mad culture of the people there and loyalty to the team.”

Guest elbee909

Dimitar Berbatov will finally complete his move to Manchester United for £28m this week, according to reports.

The Evening Standard claims that the protracted switch will be concluded in time for the weekend's opening Premier League fixtures.

'The 27-year-old is believed to have upset people within the club for his attitude during pre-season and was substituted at half-time against Roma following a lacklustre display,' says the Standard, who claim that Spurs are closing in on a replacement.

Zenit St Petersburg forward Andrei Arshavin and Spartak Moscow's Roman Pavlyuchenko are in Tottenham's sights, with the latter suited to playing as the lone striker in a 4-5-1 formation likely to be favoured by Juande Ramos this season.