Corporate Meeting with Ashley (rumours)

Guest sicko2ndbest

I hope everyone realises that a playmaker can be the defensive midfielder, just look at Milan (Pirlo is usually the playmaker tere). They dictate the play and they controll the plays. Im not talking about every team but this might be the case with Coloccini.

I hope everyone realises that this thread needs locking.

why destroy such a beautiful thing?

Yeah I understand that playmaker can be a DM but why would he play Coloccini there? :laugh:

Because he's playing 4-3-3? It makes sense to play a playmaker in that role (although it should have been Carrick ;)) but Coloccini isn't good enough in that role. We need him at the back anyway.

I hope everyone realises that a playmaker can be the defensive midfielder, just look at Milan (Pirlo is usually the playmaker tere). They dictate the play and they controll the plays. Im not talking about every team but this might be the case with Coloccini.

I hope everyone realises that this thread needs locking.

why destroy such a beautiful thing?

:D

My mates, fathers friend...

Can you get a more tenuous link?  At least he didn't add "cleaner" on the end.

Total bollocks IMO anyway.  Why on earth would Ashley etc. tell a bunch of corporate nobody's stuff like internal conflict over Barton and Smith.  They don't talk to the press and yet they openly tell them all of this knowing fine well it will get into the public domain anyway.  Credit them with some common sense FFS.

To be fair, OP didn't mention anything about an internal conflict. People can have different opinions without there being a conflict.

I know someone that had a cooperate box for years, dunno if he has renewed or not, will be asking him about this, see if he was there..

If all that is true then its all good news, okay Smith and Barton may concern some people but if we are backing KK we have to do it all the way and be confident he knows what he is doing..

I personally thought Coccolini would end up playing in the holding role in CM, perhaps even dictating tempo which could be someone considered a 'playmaker.'

Probably bollocks though, but hey-ho, we're all having fun speculating.  :pow:

sorry mate....pedatnic i know.....but still!!! we've got a 150 page thread on him

Yeah I understand that playmaker can be a DM but why would he play Coloccini there? :laugh:

Because he's playing 4-3-3? It makes sense to play a playmaker in that role (although it should have been Carrick ;)) but Coloccini isn't good enough in that role. We need him at the back anyway.

Well that's what I meant...

Don't know why nearly everyone is laughing at the Coloccini in midfield theory. If the guy has an eye for a pass then why not in the holding role. Won't be the first time Keegan has found a new position for a player.

Most of the stuff seemed quite reasonable (plausible) to me.

He still has to pay £3m a year for the next few years to Deportivo for Luque - wrong

How do you know this is wrong?

A lot of that sounds like bollocks to me.

He still has to pay £3m a year for the next few years to Deportivo for Luque

So we got Luque with nothing to pay for 3 years?  Aye right. mackems.gif

Guest Guinness

Absolutely, but he's needed at the back. I'd hope we've got someone else lined up for the creative midfield role.

Smith - Ashley wants to sell him to Everton, Keegan said no as he said he is the best trainer, very popular in the dressing room and thinks if he scores he will get his confidence back, become better on the fans will like him ala Nicky Butt.

Should the club chairman really be speaking about things like this?

Surely he should just let the manager make the call on it?

Why would you buy an international center back who has made his career by mostly playing in that position, a defensive leader we've been crying out since Woody, for £10m and then stick him in the midfield. Makes absolutely no sense at all unless we've Vidic lined up to join.

I know this meeting happened as one of the guys I play golf with went to it - the amount he was asked to pay for his corporate seat was a joke - from memory it was going up from £14k to £22k - needless to say he didn't renew but the meeting with Ashley did happen.  Though he didn't mention half of what has been posted here.